Raelen Castle on Sterlo tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggies2015

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Raelen Castle on Sterlo tonight from 7:30 to talk about her time in the NRL so far and the upcoming Women in league round...

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mehhhhh.. i'll give it a miss, sick of hearing the same cliches and bullshit from her.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Could care less about her.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Somebody please ask why there's even a notion of re-signing Hodkinson

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I like Raelene.
She goes alright.

I liked Todd too.
He went alright.

Come to think of it, Malcolm Noad gave up 30+ years in media to come help us get back off the canvas ... he goes alright in my books too.

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ill watch. Ill watch anything bulldog related even if its bad because up here in QLD we get SFA

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like Raelene.
She goes alright.

I liked Todd too.
He went alright.

Come to think of it, Malcolm Noad gave up 30+ years in media to come help us get back off the canvas ... he goes alright in my books too.
Oh never heard of a Todd Greenberg, you mean Todd Greenturd.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh never heard of a Todd Greenberg, you mean Todd Greenturd.
To be honest guys, it's irrelevant what we think of him now, as he is doing what he thinks is best for the NRL,

But it must be said,
He dragged our club out of the mud,
He took over when we were down and out in more ways than one,
He lifted us back up to greatness, and left us in a strong position,
I think what he did for our club deserves respect, and so does he,

Just my thoughts guys,

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm guessing they will be all cliche responses like shes reading off a script.

Endeavour

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
To be honest guys, it's irrelevant what we think of him now, as he is doing what he thinks is best for the NRL,

But it must be said,

Just my thoughts guys,
Now he has dragged us back into the mud again. I would respect him if he was doing his job properly but he isn't. He drew his line in the sand about swearing at refs but conveniently forgot about it as soon as other players from other clubs did it. He was perfectly happy for Trent Robinson to criticise Cummins at the beginning of 2014 but then decided that actually that was not OK. Now there is no outlet for coaches to vent their frustrations. This action does not make me respect refs more in fact it has the opposite effect. When one of his refs was criticised he let him defend his actions personally yet coaches are gagged. The new concussion law that he rushed in while maybe a good idea in theory is actually pretty half-assed and already open to abuse. A lot of the commentators over the weekend were saying that the refs seemed like they had been given a 'directive' to not penalise some high shots. This is to counter the players lying down to get video ref feedback. If this is true this would have come through Greenberg as this is something he said to the coaches he wanted change. So he brings in a concussion law to protect players and then decides that actually some contact with the head is OK, and this OK contact is interpreted by the refs and we all know how consistent the Reffing is. I thought he was great over the SBW drama...but now I perceive him as weak and self serving and I loathe him.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score

But it must be said,

Just my thoughts guys,
Depends what you mean by greatness.
I think we are way to big a club to go 10+ years without a premiership in my opinion.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought she was going to be good for the club early on, but i've since developed a dislike for her...she trots out the standard lines, yet never has an opinion, she never backs the players or the fans and always cowers down to the NRL not to mention since she has arrived we suddenly have players black flipping and getting out of deals with our club.

We are a rugby league power house yet we act as meek as mice, just once i'd like to see her stand up for the players or the fans instead of the dribble she comes out with.....the club is more than just a sales product & the sooner she realizes that many of us live and breathe this club and we are sick of being treated like a door mat or a cash cow by the NRL...the sooner she'll earn my respect......until then i have very little time for her bullshit spin doctor political correct answers

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Now he has dragged us back into the mud again. I would respect him if he was doing his job properly but he isn't. He drew his line in the sand about swearing at refs but conveniently forgot about it as soon as other players from other clubs did it. He was perfectly happy for Trent Robinson to criticise Cummins at the beginning of 2014 but then decided that actually that was not OK. Now there is no outlet for coaches to vent their frustrations. This action does not make me respect refs more in fact it has the opposite effect. When one of his refs was criticised he let him defend his actions personally yet coaches are gagged. The new concussion law that he rushed in while maybe a good idea in theory is actually pretty half-assed and already open to abuse. A lot of the commentators over the weekend were saying that the refs seemed like they had been given a 'directive' to not penalise some high shots. This is to counter the players lying down to get video ref feedback. If this is true this would have come through Greenberg as this is something he said to the coaches he wanted change. So he brings in a concussion law to protect players and then decides that actually some contact with the head is OK, and this OK contact is interpreted by the refs and we all know how consistent the Reffing is. I thought he was great over the SBW drama...but now I perceive him as weak and self serving and I loathe him.
We saw how open to abuse the concussion rule was when the Tiger's Pat Richards was taken for a concussion test after being told to leave the field for a blood bin incident. His cheek collided with Perrett's chin opening up a cut that needed stitching, he got straight up, okay to play on then the referee signalled to the trainer to clean him up. In the end after a minute or so, the ref ordered him to leave the field indicating with the blood bin sign as play was being held up. At no time whatsoever was there an indication that the ref was concerned about a concussion. Tigers Dr then decides "we can get a free interchange here" by voicing his concern that he could be concussed.. Made sure he had his full 15 minutes in which time they cleaned up his wound, stitched it , gave him a concussion test and put him back out just in time to kick a penalty goal, all for no loss of an interchange. Noticed too that when he went back on he had not changed his jersey, it was still bloody in spots a big no no.

Weeks before Jimmy had to leave the field with a head cut but no free interchange for us. This is a loophole that I hope they have now closed

Head shots are still happening as you say so I suppose that if the refs are not concerned about the contact causing any damage, they are trying to water down the concussion rules with their interpretation of the incident.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought she was going to be good for the club early on, but i've since developed a dislike for her...she trots out the standard lines, yet never has an opinion, she never backs the players or the fans and always cowers down to the NRL not to mention since she has arrived we suddenly have players black flipping and getting out of deals with our club.

We are a rugby league power house yet we act as meek as mice, just once i'd like to see her stand up for the players or the fans instead of the dribble she comes out with.....the club is more than just a sales product & the sooner she realizes that many of us live and breathe this club and we are sick of being treated like a door mat or a cash cow by the NRL...the sooner she'll earn my respect......until then i have very little time for her bullshit spin doctor political correct answers
Agree 100%. She's soft as shit. She never publicly backs our players. Just as Nods and agrees with whatever the nrl say. **** her off I reckon

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The difference between Raelene and Tg is that Greenburg was making the right noises at our club to get to his ultimate goal of working in the Nrl. He couldn't have cared less about the club, he just gave the perception he did.

If anyone thinks that greenburg, noad or anyone else would gave handled the Easter Friday situation differently they're kidding themselves.

The media, commentators and the nrl will rip you to pieces if you don't say what you're expected to as a CEO. Show me one nrl CEO that has stood up for a player or issue in recent times.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Wasn't overly fussed to see the interview. The end of the day I'm more worried about winning games tbh.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sterlo took us through her job interview and talked her up heaps
very little on the club
all about her and her history, family, illness etc

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sterlo took us through her job interview and talked her up heaps
very little on the club
all about her and her history, family, illness etc