Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did you read my comment? I prefer (meaning personal choice) klemmer off the bench to finish the halves. Like he did at the beginging of last year. I think its far more effective than him being another Graham and Tolman.

BUT, i am not coach, just discussing my opinion on an open forum... feel free to have your opinion.

8. Tolman
10. Graham
11. Jackson
12. RFM
13. Eastwood (swap wit klem after 20-25)

14. Kas
15. Klem
16. Faulalo
17. Elliot
I disagree. Sure klemmer would provide some punch off the bench, but the reality is that he is capable of playing long minutes at high impact when he starts. Plus a player of his calibre would never be happy being played off the bench. Its the sort of thing that would make him want to play elsewhere. I also think we would be better off playing eastwood off the bench. Eastwood is clearly incapable of long minutes with high energy, so for me its a no brainer, put RFM in his no 12 and bring eastwood on to give klem a break......

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I disagree. Sure klemmer would provide some punch off the bench, but the reality is that he is capable of playing long minutes at high impact when he starts. Plus a player of his calibre would never be happy being played off the bench. Its the sort of thing that would make him want to play elsewhere. I also think we would be better off playing eastwood off the bench. Eastwood is clearly incapable of long minutes with high energy, so for me its a no brainer, put RFM in his no 12 and bring eastwood on to give klem a break......
Yeh fair enough. Your point about him not wanting to be a bench player is true, i wouldnt want him leaving for it.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How would Renouf To'omaga look at lock?

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I recall tommy turbo smoking abbey a few times in the 20's. Lets hope he is over it and returns the favour in the top grade. We wont be playing too expansive footy in this game as Manly are short a couple of front rowers and also a bit soft upfront in the forwards generally. I expect us to go through them right up the middle and score our points off the back of that. Hope we batter them and our pack gains that confidence and mongrel that we need and expect.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Stats !

- In our last 12 meetings with Manly, we have a 10-2 record and win by an average of 6 points ... (btw, 3/3 were in golden point)

- During that time we've played at Brooky 5 times, with a 4-1 record and win by an average of 7 points.

- Manly have not beaten us in our last 7 encounters.

- Manly's last win against us was in June 2013.

- Bulldogs are $1.80 in Head-to-Head betting (or you can take -1.5 @ $1.90).

LOAD UP FOLKS !!!
Bet til it hurts !!!

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol we seem to have all these good records against these sides but we haven't finished in the top 4 since 2012.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeh fair enough. Your point about him not wanting to be a bench player is true, i wouldnt want him leaving for it.
Yeah exactly. I think this is the only reason he is playing lock, rather then it being a masterstroke idea for des. lol Des knew he had to start him or risk hime leaving.
I also think a lock is no longer the ball player they used to be. Just look at mcguire, sam burgess, gallen, taumalolo. Theyre all just extra middle forwards.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Like a gun and has speed to burn. Played on the wing at times in the nines and scored an awesome runaway try
Do you reckon he could make the shift from the edge?

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Billy Bainbridge Wowzer what a name
Just sounds like the name of a radio commentator. "And now we go around the grounds with Billy Bainbridge"

Taupau will be doubly fired up comin back from suspension & takin on us. Hopefully he goes overboard, gets too excited & cant hold the ball.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I fear and hope I'm wrong but I can see dce peppering Abby all afternoon, if that's the case surly mybe and Reynolds return serve to Uate and taufua, and it's obvious shut down dce Tommy T and don't give him any breathing space will go along way in us getting the W.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recall tommy turbo smoking abbey a few times in the 20's. Lets hope he is over it and returns the favour in the top grade. We wont be playing too expansive footy in this game as Manly are short a couple of front rowers and also a bit soft upfront in the forwards generally. I expect us to go through them right up the middle and score our points off the back of that. Hope we batter them and our pack gains that confidence and mongrel that we need and expect.
Agree. Definitely need to play Manly through the middle. I don't think they can back up last weeks defensive effort with their lack of forward depth.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah exactly. I think this is the only reason he is playing lock, rather then it being a masterstroke idea for des. lol Des knew he had to start him or risk hime leaving.
I also think a lock is no longer the ball player they used to be. Just look at mcguire, sam burgess, gallen, taumalolo. Theyre all just extra middle forwards.
I think our issue with using klemmer at lock is he has no agility or pace. Our forward pack is slow across the park and we have zero zip in the middle. I would personally like to see a small forward used at lock just to add pace closer to the middle, e.g Jackson. Taumalolo footwork works really wel in the middle and he has more pace than our forwards and backrowers

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Tommy Turbo is the danger, but the key is to keep the ball away from him. Force the wingers (Uate and Taufau) to take high balls, or force Tommy to run to get the ball.

He does tire easily and take a while to recover.

But we need to cover his support play up the middle of the field, and stop the offload.

Taupau I can see moving to lock.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Stats !

- In our last 12 meetings with Manly, we have a 10-2 record and win by an average of 6 points ... (btw, 3/3 were in golden point)

- During that time we've played at Brooky 5 times, with a 4-1 record and win by an average of 7 points.

- Manly have not beaten us in our last 7 encounters.

- Manly's last win against us was in June 2013.

- Bulldogs are $1.80 in Head-to-Head betting (or you can take -1.5 @ $1.90).

LOAD UP FOLKS !!!
Bet til it hurts !!!
- Storm had not beaten us in our last 6 encounters

- Storms last win was in March 2013

I think we'll still win but its not a given, at least we aren't playing at Belmore.

Status
Not open for further replies.