R3 - Bulldogs vs Panthers - Team List & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’ll take the win gladly against a dangerous opponent.

Great effort shown by the boys.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We were not would you say outstanding tonight but wow there were some things to be excited about. JMK had a nice game and showed that he has some smarts. He is only 22 after all and has embraced the chance given to him by the club as a late inclusion in the top 30 with open arms.

Foran was better and he showed he is as tough as nails getting smashed every time he put in a kick by the fast moving Panthers defence who pressured him relentlessly ;but he got up off the ground every time and continued with no complaint.

Moses; well is he the rock star fullback we have been missing? He has certainly put in three great efforts and has shown he can be very elusive and strong and he even found touch a couple of times to ease off the pressure and give the forwards a rest. THAT was something he and others were not allowed to do under the regime of Hasler.

The forwards at least tonight stuck with the opposition and I don't care what anyone says, put in their best effort of the year, yes even Tolman. Nu Brown did well for his short stint. Fitnes still appears to be a bit lacking with some but hopefully that will be rectified sooner rather than later.

Dean Pay is still learning and at least tonight did a bit better with his rotation; efficiency will come with that in due course.

Panthers are no slouches and have come back from the dead for the past two weeks. Don't care that they lost Cleary; in this game you need to have all players being able to have a say in the result. Penrith were well and truly talked up quite frequently by Anasta who has now become a very bitter twisted old man when it comes to the Dogs. Basically the only bloke on Fox who stood up for us with certain situations was Blocker, the others just wanted to death ride us at every opportunity.

The one player who sh@tted me to tears tonight was flop on, third in Wallace, who found every conceivable thing to whinge about to the referee. Campbell Gillard was never, ever onside and left early every time yet was not penalised. The referee put the whistle away in the middle third of the field only penalising for offside within the twenty metre marks. Oh and ref in relation to penalties given inside the ten, if a side kicks backwards as we did tonight to open up the field make sure that the opposition stays behind their line even if the tap is taken fifteen to twenty out. ......

Not the most emphatic win but I am sure that Folksey will have been looking down on the boys tonight with a quiet word of encouragement. Loved the way the boys and the crowd respected the minutes silence, well done. Shows just how much the guy meant to the club even after he left.

Oh and congrats to Josh on his 200th game for the Dogs tonight......it is hard to believe that he has been with us that long but will go down in the record books at this point in time as one of only nine players in our club history to have reached that milestone. Life in the old dog yet!

https://www.theroar.com.au/tv/josh-morris-celebrates-his-200th-game-with-a-bang/

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Sad for you bud, but some relief with us getting a win.

My mum died in 04 not long before the GF, I went to the game and after the final siren, I was ecstatic, but really fucking sad at the same time as she knew how much the Doggies meant to me.

Hope you’re doing ok man....
Thanks brother. 04..... how I miss that year!

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It was a game we had to win. I’ll happily take the 2 points even though we can all see the team needs improvement, rather than play well and lose the game.
Coming off loses in our opening 2 matches it was imperative we won tonight, and we did.
Hopefully this helps the players confidence and belief in the matches to come.
Nobody is blanketing the fact that we do need to improve in certain areas but the 2 points tonight were vital .

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tualau needed more minutes ...I don’t want to be too critical when we win but Pay rotations wasn’t great and we were blowing last 10...Woods was walking
10 minutes played

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We may look a bit lacklustre, but the commitment is there, and it's still early days. I like Marshall-King in the halves, and Mbye is fast becoming our strike weapon. A goal kicker would have made all the difference tonight. Happy with the win; and we have a lot of improvement in us.
Agree with you. A win is a win no matter what the score line is. It would be nice to put a team to the sword but it was never going to happen tonight. Penrith proved last two weeks that they can stay in a game even after being down for an entire half.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay parked the bus in the 2nd half. Strange game. Need to keep improving, we need to put teams to the sword especially when the luck is on our side.
Good commitment tonight but they look unfit to me that's why they couldn't finish it off stonger

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was sitting back,mellow getting into the game with a belly full of piss until the Morris intercept.My mate to my right screamed into my ear and elbowed me with great force as he jumped up.My head bopped to the left and I headbutted my other mate.With an almighty headache whilst battling a dizzy spin I sobered up and sprung to life.True what they say "That every cloud has a silver lining". I had a great time and will be back again next week,.... alone.PS I squared up by landing a few sneaky clips on my mate.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I was satisfied with the win. Boys tried hard. Wins will be hard to come by this season so soak it up fellas.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't know where to post this but our 2nd half defence was like Steve Folkes was some how guiding our guys tonight

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bmoz was saying after the game his foot was sore as. Was fearing he done what he did in 2009. Hope not

Status
Not open for further replies.