R3 - Bulldogs vs Panthers - Team List & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes Pay has ‘inherited this squad ‘ but he’s also inherited a nice ‘pay ‘rise to get these boys playing winning football

Some act like he’s got the West Tigers roster...but just look at that West’s Tigers roster now!

We have past and present rep players

That defence better fkn improve this week because if our top side fail to do what our reserve grade did then we will be a laughingstock if not already

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Im a bit concerned about this game. If we get out in front, Panthers have shown they can run teams down, and if we are behind, do we have enough points in us to fight back? I think blooding the new younger more energetic and enthusiastic players, especially in the forwards is what needs to be done. I have a gut feeling Viliame will kikau arses and get a double on the edges where we keep leaking points.
Nice play on words.

milkdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes Pay has ‘inherited this squad ‘ but he’s also inherited a nice ‘pay ‘rise to get these boys playing winning football

Some act like he’s got the West Tigers roster...but just look at that West’s Tigers roster now!

We have past and present rep players

That defence better fkn improve this week because if our top side fail to do what our reserve grade did then we will be a laughingstock if not already
couldn't agree more. yeah our side is lacking in a few positions but man we lack in fitness and intensity. Tigers are down on players through injuries and still towelled up the two teams we lost to.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Seriously? Have you seen some of the other jerseys this year???? Have a look at the gold coast. At least our sponsorship is worth a shitload!
Oh mate I don't think we're the worst, but damn... the red design on our blue jersey.... it's so wrong.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
It’s on white
Da faq? Well I haven't watched any of our games this year. Last Friday night I was out on the piss, the previous Saturday I was at a party. But as long as Kia is a sponsor, the shit memories of the Hasler/Castle/Dib era remain. And they are hideous.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Criticism of Dean Pay regarding his bench rotation is far off the mark, and totally unwarranted. It would not matter who he had on the bench.
The quality player is just not there. A lot of the players who are being hyped up, are not FG standard players. They might be good athletes,
but they lack the good footballing skills and have a distinct lack of stamina.
They make one good tackle and then go missing for the next 5 sets. Thats unacceptable.
Some will improve. I think Fualolo is one such player.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I agree from what I've seen from the trials and ISP Lewis shows the most promise going forward. It's early days but I believe this kid is set for a huge career.I have no doubt our people recognize his potential and will build his experience,knowledge and confidence with game time in ISP.Cleeland needs to cement a 1st grade spot very,very soon because if JMK and Lewis keep developing, together with the arrival of Cogger he'll miss the boat next year.Frawley ,well poor dude will continue to slip down the pegging order and will be remembered as the dude that tried but did not have the skills.
I think honestly the ship has almost sailed on Cleeland.

He's 27 this year, and won't offer as many years as someone like JMK or Cogger if they fire.

He'd have to come out and literally outplay someone like JT for a few rounds.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im a big fan of RFM but i think he is best served to us as a high impact bench player . Our bench at present has zero impact and im not convinced he is a full 80 minute type player but problem is that he has been one of our best so far in a disappointing season start.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Has been reported that Tolman will be joining the Sharks. I think the club will need a new scoreboard operator if thats true.

Hass

Waterboy
Reaction score
Did anyone realise fine didnt play a minute last week

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak ruled out of game on weekend with a broken jaw suffered in R2 game!!!

Likely to be replaced by Tyrone Peachey (he always kills us), with Christian Crichton coming onto bench.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well, JMK now has his chance. Time to show us what you've got!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Has been reported that Tolman will be joining the Sharks. I think the club will need a new scoreboard operator if thats true.
The Tolman rumour is rubbish.

“We’ve had no formal discussions with Aiden’s management about his future,” said Bulldogs CEO Andrew Hill. “There is always speculation around player movement in our game.”

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
des was the problem, they said
You seriously think if Des was in charge the last two weeks things would be better?

All the Des supporters need to understand we are in this mess because of him. He raped our salary cap to the point that we are fukked no matter what coach came in this year.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Tolman rumour is rubbish.
Yes but when do they ever say that stuff. Even when Barba was leaving, they didn’t say anything.

Anyway, read the quote carefully: we have not had discussion with Aidan’s management...

Does it mean that our management haven’t spoken to the sharks? Pay hasn’t spoken to flanno? Pay hasn’t spoken to Aidan? Flanno hasn’t spoken to Aidan? The permissions are endless. Management will often say this kinda stuff to allay concerns and they will say they’re not lying... and they’re technically not.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yes but when do they ever say that stuff. Even when Barba was leaving, they didn’t say anything.

Anyway, read the quote carefully: we have not had discussion with Aidan’s management...

Does it mean that our management haven’t spoken to the sharks? Pay hasn’t spoken to flanno? Pay hasn’t spoken to Aidan? Flanno hasn’t spoken to Aidan? The permissions are endless. Management will often say this kinda stuff to allay concerns and they will say they’re not lying... and they’re technically not.
Dogs dont need to talk to his manager because hes with us till 2020.

Why ruin a good thing?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.