Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think we could say that about our whole team (bar mbye, rfm and possibly woods)
Na him and Tolman are on a different level. First contact and they're already getting dominated. Tualau, To'omaga, Ogden, etc have to come in asap, time to blood them and let them develop. Young forwards with physical presence and some pace and leg drive. Hopefully the ISP side steps up today and last week was just complacency from them after getting a big head from the Panthers win.

Gallo2014

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
or how about if the referee has placed a wager?

ok so you are saying that everything is orderly and 1 guy lines up and places $5 on penrith and then somebody else comes in and places $5 on parramatta and the bookeeper wins either way

i dont see how they can keep the books balanced perfect enough so that they dont care about who wins, there is plenty of late money and i imagine alot of people hammering one particular outcome, so even if they make money on each bet made it would look something like 'if penrith win we make $776,000 and if parramatta win we make $550,000

This just in, Sutton at the TAB before the game. He's traveling incognito so as not to arouse suspicion :tearsofjoy:sutton betting.jpg

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In years gone by certain positions won you the game.Whilst of course the spine is still the most important unit for game direction,the modern game requires the other positions must contain impact and game changing players.Like Radradra was at the Eels,Hess and Cooper at the cows,Graham at the Sharks to name a few.Every competitive team got a few of these if not you will just become a grafting team that is heavily reliant on defensive error stats like the dogs.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is it just me but the try they awarded for the ball coming of either Mitchell or tupou on there line rough against us, see that call knock on week in week out, and then the keary loose carry .....
I rkn we got stitched with both those trys....
But our dissallowed was correct as he got the ball inside Jackson inside shoulder.
Tedesco try, the run of napa before it was a forward pass from friend...
I was getting the shits with that ref
That disallowed try was line ball ( pardon the pun) Unless the bunker had a different view of it I believe there was insufficient evidence to overturn the decision. Two allowed today and pretty much the same both given try on the field but not overturned and vision of them was about the same.....

Saw a " knock on" in today's games Bunnies vs Pampers where the ball was knocked backwards towards the Penrith line and rules knock on.....Ironically the only bloke who got done for a forward pass last night ( and Friend throws plenty) was Victor Radley who played off the bench......
https://www.nrl.com/stats/

Looking at NRL stats as of last night we lead Line engaged, decoy and dummy half runs, offloads and kick metres statistics.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don’t care. That’s the problem he’s literally got 30 minuets of good play in him and that is at BEST. Call me nuts but I want a hooker to play a good 80 minutes not 30!

It is one of our biggest problem areas we need a classy hooker badly.

For instance look at how Andrew McCullough played last night- has Lichaa ever played like that? McCullough does that every week for Brisbane.
Well, who's better that we have now?

bleedblue&white

go the berries
Reaction score
just reviewed all of the stats from the game and all of them were either pretty close or in our favour except 3, average meters per set, total run meters, and kick return meters.

And our kick return meters were diabolical. BmoZ, Montoya and Mbye need to pull there finger out. The back 3 for the roosters ran for triple what ours did, what a difference it makes to each set

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Most people are stating that we need big strong powerful wingers to get our sets off to a good start but im not keen on those wingers at all... I want raw speed, agility and quality aerial skills. Our biggest problem is that we dont win the ruck and our kicking game is poor... if we fix these areas most teams kicks wont find the ground against us and 'speedy' backs can take a massive advantage here.
Im hoping Pay goes down this avenue, hes got the half for it next season in Cogger, just need to get the rest of the recruitment right.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Not saying he's 'better' but I'd like to see how Nu Brown goes for us in FG
Happy for Brown to get a crack but he isn't half as good as Lichaa. Good benchie and fill in for our halves if one goes down but he has too many errors to be in the starting lineup.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
just reviewed all of the stats from the game and all of them were either pretty close or in our favour except 3, average meters per set, total run meters, and kick return meters.

And our kick return meters were diabolical. BmoZ, Montoya and Mbye need to pull there finger out. The back 3 for the roosters ran for triple what ours did, what a difference it makes to each set
You have definitely found a huge weak spot for us.
Watching the sharks win in 2016 when they had Feki and Holmes running the ball back from kick ruturns was crazy. They would just sprint straight ahead, hit the line hard and fight for every metre. Then the other would be in hooker for the next tackle to do the same thing. Definitely is a contributing factor to getting good sets.
Parra figured how vital it was last year when they got Auva'a. Him and Semi are very hard to tackle and get them on the front foot. Most quality sides have wingers that are willing to get smashed by going in hard, even if they aren't massive. I'm not sure we have anyone in the club?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not saying he's 'better' but I'd like to see how Nu Brown goes for us in FG
Maybe in time. But his attitude wasn't great early on according to Pay & he didn't play well in round 1 (I hope to watch yesterdays game today). I want selection on form not who they are so if he is in better form I welcome him.

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Most people are stating that we need big strong powerful wingers to get our sets off to a good start but im not keen on those wingers at all... I want raw speed, agility and quality aerial skills. Our biggest problem is that we dont win the ruck and our kicking game is poor... if we fix these areas most teams kicks wont find the ground against us and 'speedy' backs can take a massive advantage here.
Im hoping Pay goes down this avenue, hes got the half for it next season in Cogger, just need to get the rest of the recruitment right.
Did anyone watch Cogger yesterday. Good young talent but far from our saviour. Very small and has trouble handling ISP players. Dropped the ball cold from dummy half twice. One of his kicks went backwards.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did anyone watch Cogger yesterday. Good young talent but far from our saviour. Very small and has trouble handling ISP players. Dropped the ball cold from dummy half twice. One of his kicks went backwards.
Seen him play reads the game well and can organise , bit to keen and takes his eyes of the ball a lot personally I think he has a lot of potential just needs time.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I actually thought he was pretty good, tigers pack are no pushovers and their team is probably the benchmark in the ISP atm. Hes only like 20 so yeah im not concerned.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was st Leichhardt, Tigers targeted him & ran at him all day, kicking game was ordinary & dropped the ball cold on 2 occasions at 1st receiver- didn’t run the ball.? Needs a lot of improvement to be considered for NRL. Jack Johns looked better when he was on the field- took control of the game. Newcastle were up 16-0.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at Leichhardt, Tigers targeted him & ran at him all day, kicking game was ordinary & dropped the ball cold on 2 occasions at 1st receiver- didn’t run the ball.? Needs a lot of improvement to be considered for NRL. Jack Johns looked better when he was on the field- took control of the game. Newcastle were up 16-0. Way down on the pecking order at the Knights.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, who's better that we have now?
I’m not sure but maybe give the hooker we have in reserve grade a go. He looks pretty good.

I’d rather actively go out and buy someone. I’d look at who is behind Smith, etc. in all likelihood they will be a lot better than Lichaa.

Status
Not open for further replies.