R2 - Bulldogs vs Roosters - Team List & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
For me it's almost coming across like some of the players almost didn't really want to be out there tonight.
Agree 100 percent absolutely no spark at all from most players mbye was the only one who seemed to be having a red hot go imo

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Not impossible but that means anyone can get in the ear of the ref and influence them.
Including people who want the Dogs to win.
if that system wasnt set up im sure the referees and the bookmakers would love for it to happen because its relatively safe especially now if greenberg has it so that the referees are not to be scrutinised (im sure greenberg even told commentators to lay off referees since rnd 1 last season)

this is assuming that power corrupts people and being able to decide matches is powerful

Can someone give me an honest rundown of our game tonight? Were we unlucky again or just suck arse?
they had a man in the sin bin and we had 3 or 4 back to back sets on their tryline but they created the only overlap in that time against us while shorthanded

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I didn't expect any miracles against the storm or the roosters but I was expecting a little more passion and excitement from the players
Wasn't directing the post at you, more generally speaking haha.

That passion and excitement you're mentioning was there in both matches, only problem is that it was in patches, and until they get the monkey off the back so to speak, their confidence may take a good battering.

Anyway i still think alot of people are makin a big deal out of it, round 10 will be a good gauge on how things are unfolding but even then most 1st year coach's take a yr or two to get structures and things in place down pat.

Last edited:

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ruined my damn weekend !!!
Foran has never played with a worse half in his life
For every one good thing frawley does he then does 5 bad things straight after

I’m sorry but that just isn’t fg standard
When’s keary off contract
He always rapes us

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Tolman is either a starting front rower or nothing as he keeps things tight with defence but offer no impact from bench.elliot, hoppa, frawley or solid but nothing more.we have too much percentage players that was part of des structure that does not work when they make mistakes.we need speed ,zest and spark and more commit to each other in defence. These guys are paid big dollars and should be every bit accountable for what's being dished out

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think foran had good touches as did Mbye
Looks dangerous everytime he runs the ball

But i have always said it forans short kicking game and passing is awesome but his long kicks dont have length or powerful strike

I agree with some fellow kennel members morris brothers should give it away
We have one of the slowest backs in the comp

There is a reason that Melbourne / roosters / sharks until last year / Cowboys are successful cuz they have pace

We should get quick backs e.g.
Waqa Blake
Johny Tuivase sheck - peanut contract
Offer clint guthersen whatever position he wants
Offcourse many more you can suggest
I think we should stop playing people like eastwood tolman morris bros because of whst they have

Time to get ruthless in recruitment cuz this old briggade is serving something which is too hard to digest
Mansour is off contract this year

N

Natboy

When JMK comes on I'd be pissing tolman off and putting Lichaa at lock.
Tolman just got in the way last night.
Even the commentators literally said that. Mr I’s assessment of the game is pretty perfect. Our bench rotation was worse this week too.
If you’re losing by 18 why not put a fresh forward on?!? With limited interchange it’s criminal to keep a player on the bench unused

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pay seems a bit clueless lol.

Anyway I was well drunk by the time the game kicked off, was it me but we're the first two tries good old fashioned knock ons?

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Klem looks like he's taken it on himself to be the one to run straight at three forwards all the time, which is what Graham did in previous years, rather than running at smaller players sometimes. Means his metres are down and he's buggered quicker, thereby sloppy in defence.

Woods can only get an offload away when the opposition forget to wrap the ball up.

Montoya needs to do more hit ups, but gee he's good under the high ball.

Imagine if Mbye was moved to fullback years ago, not like half of the Kennelers pointed that out years ago or anything!

Frawley is a Brenko Lee half - does some good things in attack, then blows it in defence three times over.

JMK's young, but bloody hell pass it to a players bread basket, not their head. That's jnr footy shit. Time for nu Brown to get a shot.

Jmoz/Bmoz's experience is keeping them in the side. Lost blistering pace, but partially making up for it with knowing where to be. Jmoz still a ball hog, Bmoz rarely gets a ball from him.

Floppa's defending ok, nothing in attack.

RFM playing well this year, bit of an off night last night.

Foran, fuck me how about not kicking straight down the throat of the back 3 EVERY SINGLE TIME. At least make it a floater or a spiral bomb or something other than forcey backs.

Elliot, nice hit on JWH, but he lives for that shit. You won't intimidate him, especially when thay have the game won.

Tolman...fucking Tolman. Same shit that has been said for years, GET OUT OF THE FUCKING WAY.

Not sure who was tasked with smashing Cronk every time he kicked it, but I noticed they were on song with it last night. No wonder his nose is at right angles.

At least we showed alot more in attack than under the nose whistler. Got lost sometimes, but better.

/endrant

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is it just me but the try they awarded for the ball coming of either Mitchell or tupou on there line rough against us, see that call knock on week in week out, and then the keary loose carry .....
I rkn we got stitched with both those trys....
But our dissallowed was correct as he got the ball inside Jackson inside shoulder.
Tedesco try, the run of napa before it was a forward pass from friend...
I was getting the shits with that ref

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was one our better players in the first half.
Don’t care. That’s the problem he’s literally got 30 minuets of good play in him and that is at BEST. Call me nuts but I want a hooker to play a good 80 minutes not 30!

It is one of our biggest problem areas we need a classy hooker badly.

For instance look at how Andrew McCullough played last night- has Lichaa ever played like that? McCullough does that every week for Brisbane.

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
Don’t care. That’s the problem he’s literally got 30 minuets of good play in him and that is at BEST. Call me nuts but I want a hooker to play a good 80 minutes not 30!

It is one of our biggest problem areas we need a classy hooker badly.

For instance look at how Andrew McCullough played last night- has Lichaa ever played like that? McCullough does that every week for Brisbane.
And his big arse weighs him down , after 10m he’s busted

Status
Not open for further replies.