Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tualau can feel hard done by
He impressed in the trials

Matter of when not if he cements a regular gig in first grade

Tolman offers zero impact so I will be interested to see how Pay uses him

Eastwood I’m comfortable with and MK will go good

Elliott is hit and miss. He brings a bit of energy but fk I hope he can hold the pill now
I think pay is hoping tolman gets pissed off that he’s on the bench, and leaves.
If he really wants to piss him off, he should put him on the ISP bench.

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm giving every player a clean slate until we see how they play under Dean Pay. No point saying Tolman this or Frawley that. I will put my trust in Deano in picking the best balanced team.
There will be changes through the season whether through injury or form and it will be interesting who will be picked. Team confidence is a big part of a successful team. I hope we can get in some early wins to set up the year

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
So i guess the interchange will operate like this;
Klemmer off Tolman on
Mariner off Elliot on * cant see Mariner getting quality 80mins in, hope he can though.
Fualalo off Eastwood on
Expecting Woods to play big minutes and get interchanged for Klemmers 2nd stint

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Out side of Frawley is a pretty strong line up. Our bench is a little small but all 3 forwards have proven they can handle them self in the middle, defensively at least. Will be interesting to see how Pay rotates the starting pack and hooker?

Melbourne are there for the taking, not Slater, young halves pairing...

Think we will be up for it.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a big flaw here in the team make up.

If you are going to have Tolman in the team, then you start him. Tolman is mainly renowned for his defense and doing the little things.
You want him to start when intensity is at its highest or as they call the softening up period as he will absorb that.

Once this over, it is then you sub him for a RFM or perhaps even a Elliot who are much better offensively.

Doesnt make sense at all having Tolman coming off the bench.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There is a big flaw here in the team make up.

If you are going to have Tolman in the team, then you start him. Tolman is mainly renowned for his defense and doing the little things.
You want him to start when intensity is at its highest or as they call the softening up period as he will absorb that.

Once this over, it is then you sub him for a RFM or perhaps even a Elliot who are much better offensively.

Doesnt make sense at all having Tolman coming off the bench.[/QUOT

Wait so you would start Tolman where? Ahead of the current NSW and Australian starting props?

I think Tolman can do a clean up job around the 30th to 55th then that’s him done

Like I said in an earlier post I’m interested to see how Pay uses him

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I would be surprised. Maybe taumalolo should come off the bench for cowboys for "impact" also. You always start with your best players simple.
I take it back. I missed that Eastwood was playing off the bench as well. He will give us punch. Tols will supply the clean up and Elliott will no doubt replace RFM on the left edge. With JMK taking over from Lichaa around the 25 min mark we should be able to keep momentum going.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kiwi Dog, i would start him at lock or in the 2nd row.

I would bring RFM off the bench.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I take it back. I missed that Eastwood was playing off the bench as well. He will give us punch. Tols will supply the clean up and Elliott will no doubt replace RFM on the left edge. With JMK taking over from Lichaa around the 25 min mark we should be able to keep momentum going.
JMK is more likely to take over from Frawley, not Lichaa.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I hate momentum killer tolman being anywhere near the team. I guess he would be used as a tackling machine around 15-20 minute mark before halftime and fulltime like i have previously stated last year.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
From
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...p/news-story/8e54e600515c6f062d450d8c64d535dc

Canterbury: 1. Moses Mbye 2. Brett Morris 3. Josh Morris 4. Will Hopoate 5. Marcelo Montoya 6. Matt Frawley 7. Kieran Foran 8. Aaron Woods 9. Michael Lichaa 10. David Klemmer 11. Josh Jackson 12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 13. Adam Elliott. Interchange: 14. Jeremy Marshall-King 15. Danny Fualalo 16. Aiden Tolman 17. Francis Tualau
RFM starting thank fuck for that
Fuck you des

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So how long into the season before pay completely drops tolman to reserve grade

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We shouldn't need them to play 60+ each week though, that's poor use of the bench. We need to maintain momentum and intensity all game and a good rotation is how you do that.
Taumalolo is a perfect example of the point you make

Status
Not open for further replies.