R.I.P. Sir Ian Holm

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sir Ian Holm has died of Parkinson related complications at the age of 88. To recent audiences he will be remembered for bringing to life the much loved Hobbit Bilbo Baggins in the critically acclaimed and hugely popular Oscar winning movies Lord of the Rings Trilogy. He would reprise his role in the Hobbit Trilogy playing the older Bilbo, while Martin Freeman played the younger. He actually had a further association with Tolkien’s world playing Frodo Baggins in the 1981 BBC Radio production of the Lord of the Rings. If you have a chance to listen to it, do so, I highly recommend it. Holm also had memorable roles in other movies such as Alien (one of my all time favourite movies) playing Ash, the company’s undercover robot. He would earn an Oscar nomination for his portrayal of the ‘unconventional’ coach in the excellent Chariots of Fire. Plus many fine roles on stage.

Mr Holm thank you for bringing to life some of my favourite characters. Rest In Peace.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I thought he already died?
I swear they recycle these deaths.

brian Dennehy is another who has died twice now.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I thought he already died?
I swear they recycle these deaths.

brian Dennehy is another who has died twice now.
Morgan Freeman has died and come back 3 times to my knowledge.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sad...great stage and screen actor.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I want to say RIP but I'm going to feel like an idiot when he pops up again in a British tv series in 3 years.