R.I.P. Quentin Kenihan

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I could not let this go without mentioning it.. Quentin Kenihan..brought to the public’s attention as a tough, charming, cute, smiling kid in an interview with Mike Willesee that won the nation over.. has died at the age of 43 from a suspected asthma attack at his home in Adelaide last night October 6th.... He suffered with a rare brittle bone disease..which meant he had over 600 fractures throughout his life..and was confined to a wheelchair..but that didn’t stop him..

He was in Mad Max Fury Road as Corpos Colossus..he also made the finals of the film festival Tropfest..had written a stage play..even had a tv interview show..rolled the red carpet at the Oscars..radio movie reviewer and currently he was running for a seat on the Adelaide Council.. If that wasn’t enough he also wrote his autobiography ‘Quentin Kenihan: Not all Superheroes Wear Capes’..whose title I can proudly say I played a part in..

We followed each other on Twitter..I was one of his QPeeps..and to me he was the Qman..he was always great to converse with..even tried to help me with my movie script.. He was a fierce advocate for the rights of the disabled..which I admired..

For such a short life he packed a hell of a lot in it..he came back from severe depression to be an inspiration for others..including for me..

Thank you Quentin for enriching our lives..you may have been small in stature..but you had an enormous heart..

R.I.P. Qman..the world has become a lot less brighter without you in it..

He is survived by his chihuahua Patchy

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
He was only 43. So young :(

R.I.P.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I could not let this go without mentioning it.. Quentin Kenihan..brought to the public’s attention as a tough, charming, cute, smiling kid in an interview with Ray Martin that won the nation over.. has died at the age of 43 from a suspected asthma attack at his home in Adelaide last night October 6th.... He suffered with a rare brittle bone disease..which meant he had over 600 fractures throughout his life..and was confined to a wheelchair..but that didn’t stop him..

He was in Mad Max Fury Road as Corpos Colossus..he also made the finals of the film festival Tropfest..had written a stage play..even had a tv interview show..rolled the red carpet at the Oscars..radio movie reviewer and currently he was running for a seat on the Adelaide Council.. If that wasn’t enough he also wrote his autobiography ‘Quentin Kenihan: Not all Superheroes Wear Capes’..whose title I can proudly say I played a part in..

We followed each other on Twitter..I was one of his QPeeps..and to me he was the Qman..he was always great to converse with..even tried to help me with my movie script.. He was a fierce advocate for the rights of the disabled..which I admired..

For such a short life he packed a hell of a lot in it..he came back from severe depression to be an inspiration for others..including for me..

Thank you Quentin for enriching our lives..you may have been small in stature..but you had an enormous heart..

R.I.P. Qman..the world has become a lot less brighter without you in it..

He is survived by his chihuahua Patchy
Straight to my heart . So sad I remember his interviews , and that smile that made us think he was doing just fine.. What an inspirational bloke.

I have a cat called patchy

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surprised he made it that far, proof you can have a crack at life no matter what.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Saw this earlier today... RIP Quentin...

Subtle observation but did he put on a stack of weight in recent years, because recent photos he looked huge compared to how I pictured him in the past?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Saw this earlier today... RIP Quentin...

Subtle observation but did he put on a stack of weight in recent years, because recent photos he looked huge compared to how I pictured him in the past?
Yeah..he was struggling with it..had to change his diet..

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought it was Mike Willesee that first brought him to our attention, it was...

Quentin was a suburban boy suffering brittle bone disease or osteogenesis imperfecta when in 1983 he was first interviewed on television by legendary journalist Mike Willesee.

From the age of seven, he became a household name in Australia and formed a strong friendship with Willesee over a series of stories.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought it was Mike Willesee that first brought him to our attention, it was...
100% correct.. typo.. fixed..Ray Martin wrote the foreword in his book..

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah..he was struggling with it..had to change his diet..
Bummer :( Must be difficult to maintain a healthy weight being in a wheelchair.

Pardon me asking but is that a valid comment/struggle that is faced? Like I know some people in wheelchairs can exercise (Moustie for example), but others cannot.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bummer :( Must be difficult to maintain a healthy weight being in a wheelchair.

Pardon me asking but is that a valid comment/struggle that is faced? Like I know some people in wheelchairs can exercise (Moustie for example), but others cannot.
Absolutely Mr I.. Especially around your stomach.. The ab muscles weaken..and as you probably know..because you can’t really get up any cardiovascular exercise the fat can gather.. only solution I’ve found is to watch what you eat and stand on a tilt table.. Because that actually can get your heart Pumping..a Tems machine can help (Increase your spasm though) But you still get a tummy..
I remember seeing myself in the mirror for the first time after my accident.. I was always pretty fit.. So when I saw my stomach I couldn’t believe it.:fearscream: As one nurse so eloquently described it..Quad Podge.. Horrible insulting name..

But yeah can be a struggle to stop putting on weight..

Ps.. even the wheelchair guy said to my dad watch out he’ll put a lot of weight.. Thankfully he was wrong as I’m okay. Not too bad

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Damn, i remember him!
RIP Mate :(

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He was never supposed to survive past his first few birthdays,the fact that he’s passed away at 43 is a testament to the bravery and strength of this man.RIP brother

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Absolutely Mr I.. Especially around your stomach.. The ab muscles weaken..and as you probably know..because you can’t really get up any cardiovascular exercise the fat can gather.. only solution I’ve found is to watch what you eat and stand on a tilt table.. Because that actually can get your heart Pumping..a Tems machine can help (Increase your spasm though) But you still get a tummy..
I remember seeing myself in the mirror for the first time after my accident.. I was always pretty fit.. So when I saw my stomach I couldn’t believe it.:fearscream: As one nurse so eloquently described it..Quad Podge.. Horrible insulting name..

But yeah can be a struggle to stop putting on weight..

Ps.. even the wheelchair guy said to my dad watch out he’ll put a lot of weight.. Thankfully he was wrong as I’m okay. Not too bad
The solution: Tell every woman you're body shape is CUDDLY ;) :D