R.I.P. Darth Vader

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The man behind Darth Vader’s mask, Dave Prowse has died at the age of 85. The former bodybuilder, despite being in movies such as Clockwork Orange, would be most remembered for providing the imposing physical presence of the Sith Lord, combining with the deep commanding voice of James Earl Jones, in the original Star Wars trilogy, created one of the most feared villains in cinema history. He would also go on to train Christopher Reeve for his Superman role, helping him to pack on the muscle, to go from a string-bean to possess a physique worthy of the iconic superhero.

He helped create two of my favourite characters, in two of my favourite series of movies, movies that I have loved since watching them as a kid. The world may not recognise his face but he left an indelible mark in two iconic characters of cinema. Thank you Mr Prowse, Rest In Peace.

Last edited:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The man behind Darth Vader’s mask, Dave Prowse has died at the age of 85. The former bodybuilder, despite being in movies such as Clockwork Orange, would be most remembered for providing the imposing physical presence of the Sith Lord, combining with the deep commanding voice of James Earl Jones, in the original trilogy, created one of the most feared villains in cinema history. He would also go on to train Christopher Reeve for his Superman role, helping him to pack on the muscle, to go from a string-bean to posses a physique worthy of the iconic superhero.

He helped create two of my favourite characters, in two of my favourite series of movies, movies that I have loved since watching them as a kid. The world may not recognise his face but he left an indelible mark in two iconic characters of cinema. Thank you Mr Prowse, Rest In Peace.
He's up there with Dracula and Frankenstein as the movies' greatest and most recognisable villain, that everyone secretly loves.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
He fit the Darth Bader costume well but he had to realise his voice was not suited for the character

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
This be true..his British accent was not the right fit..

Yes heard it before. He sounds weak!

I’ve also seen footage of Peter Mayhew using his actual voice when playing Chewbacca.

yeah, the sound engineers did a perfect job compiling a heap of animal sounds and tweaking them to create the Wookiee sounds.

Im so glad I wasn’t born in England or have English ancestry!
Their accent is just as weak as the French!
Rightfully so seeing the English and French share the same ancestry!

it’s ironic the English have disdain for French and Germans when they have the same relatives!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Darth Vader, wtf were they thinking?
Fully captivated by Star Wars as a boy..