quiting smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
How's the smoke-free life going South of Heaven and all the others who are going through the same thing?

****Update****

Yesterday, I realised that it was 5 years to the day that I made the brilliant decision to give the Champix Tablets a go and to this day, I still don't regret my decision to go to a Doctors Surgery to obtain a prescription :grinning:
I am at 6 years (pretty close to the day), no regrets either

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
still havent quit :( ... on 2nd week of Champix...severely cut down to 4-5 a day...
but cant quite kick it yet
I was onto about week 3 when I kicked the habit for good. Even so, from the moment I began on the Champix I was smoking way less than I normally would. Even going through a packet of Longbeach 20's at the same rate that I would go through a pack of 40's.

I took this pic just over a week ago whilst getting some credit for my iPad at Woolies and I swear I was paying half this 5 years ago.

I remember Champix, it was about week 3 or four, I was living in Sydney, my then Girlfriend (Now wife) lived in Newcastle, and one Friday night I was driving to Newcastle after work, I made it 3/4 of the way up the freeway and realised I hadn't had a smoke and by then I would have had at least 3 or 4.
Exactly. I noticed this as soon as I started on the Tablets. Best decision I ever made

pupii

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ecigs got me off the Ciggies, Champix was a punish!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Officially had my last smoke, doctors orders. I have to of quit for at least 3 months for the transplant, lucky I only smoke 1-2 a day so I should be able to do it.

Bad thing is I have to lose 25kgs at the same time.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Officially had my last smoke, doctors orders. I have to of quit for at least 3 months for the transplant, lucky I only smoke 1-2 a day so I should be able to do it.

Bad thing is I have to lose 25kgs at the same time.
Seriously, you were still smoking? Wow!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Seriously, you were still smoking? Wow!
Believe it or not, the Docs wanted me to lose weight before quitting as smoking doesn't didn't cause or doesn't effect this particular condition as much as extra weight does.

I went from a pack a day down to 1-2, which was ****ing hard with my depression, anxiety and stress.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Also because my arteries and lungs are 100% clear they were a bit more relaxed with it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Plus I gave up drinking so I have no enjoyment/escapes anymore.

No smoking, no drinking, on a shake only diet, ****ing great to be alive lol

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
As of March 1, I am officially 5 YEARS SMOKE FREE WHOHOO GOOOOOOOOOOO MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
I'm about 7 years clean.

Last edited by a moderator:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As of March 1, I am officially 5 YEARS SMOKE FREE WHOHOO GOOOOOOOOOOO MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations and I bet you feel so much better for it. I have never smoked, surprising seeing Mum, Dad and my three brothers did.Unfortunately Mum passed on from smoking related lung cancer about thirty years ago now and Dad quit cold turkey the day she was diagnosed.Dad was smoke free for the last 25 years of his life.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You are like the Indian version of Ned Flanders lol
Far from It bro, just try to detoxify my body as much as I can. You should try that too.

Start with eating raw ginger first up In the morning before you put any thing in your mouth. You will see the higher energy levels after 30 days of gingering.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been off it for 9 months now. I took Champix and it worked for me. I was a packet a day for 15-16 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.