quiting smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So ive taking the plunge been planing for months . Had my last 1 this morning (then I heard a mates dad just died from smoking) so the fear has got me. Im on patches I hate them but still don't really feel like 1 .now I just got shit going thru my head thinking ill probably get cancer anyway. Being a high anxiety sufferer I know this is going to absolutely fukk with my head. but im aware at 36 years old I may (if im lucky ) be able to dodge the big C for a few years al least. Anybody else quit or quiting ?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
All the best bro! For some extra motivation I'll leave you with this lol

Just remember smoking is gay (maybe not for females but thats just yuck) because you put something cylindrical in your mouth and suck it until white shit comes out. :p

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
All the best bro! For some extra motivation I'll leave you with this lol

Just remember smoking is gay (maybe not for females but thats just yuck) because you put something cylindrical in your mouth and suck it until white shit comes out. :p
Fkn lol , I dont think ill have a problem quitting just preparing myself for the iraversible damaged ive caused and im shitting myself on that

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
been smoking for about 8 yrs and i've quit for about a yr now, more so to do with needing to lose some weight (i wasn't fat or obese) but the cancer risk wasn't part of my decision. I never really relied on cigarettes so maybe thats what made it easier for me (didn't require patches or anything like that). Good luck though

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been quiting on and off for a few years now.

If you keep the patches on through the night you will have the most vivid dreams (or nightmares) of your life. I highly recommend it lol.

I have found the nicotine gum to be the best form of quiting aid because when I have an urge to smoke it provides a fairly quick relief. If you choose this method though don't buy the nicorette brand as they taste like absolute shit. I buy a chemists own brand of 96 gums and find they are better.

It's a hard thing to do but if you really want to do it then I have no doubt that you will.

All the best mate.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
^^^ ive tried the patches at night with a Valium for a bit of fun lol I cant say what happened here but it was my worst nightmare and best dreams combined lol

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I have not smoked for coming up on 6 years now, I was smoking for 13 years, and a pack and a half a day. Quitting was VERY hard, I tried many times, failed many times, but the Ad is correct, all the fails build you up for your eventual success.

Stay strong, and do it for your kids.

p.s. do not believe the crap about you will save money (you just find different ways to spend it)

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Also, there is a quit smoking app for android, that you put in your stop date, and how much you smoke, and it gives you a running tally of how many cigarettes you haven't smoked, how much you havent spent on cigarettes, how many days without etc. It is a good visual motivator

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As a person who also fights with anxiety every minute of the day, I can see what you mean about the negative thinking you're currently experiencing.

Just remember it's your body fighting you and trying to make excuses for you not to quit. The minute you stop smoking your body goes into a recovery mode. So you can stop thinking that quitting smoking at this point is in haste. Keep it up. :grinning:

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
im still convinced its all in the head and all these government anti-smoking ads are designed to make you think thats its hard to quit so you wont quit

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Quit a few times. Smoked heavy stopped cold turkey on the 14th.

When ya find out a parent has lung cancer & they tell you to stop its not as hard as other times.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'll be sweet bro. I actually found it easy. Heavy smoker for over 10 years, just decided halfway through a smoke that I was over it, put it out and haven't touched one since. First week was tough but I just drank heaps of water and ate heaps Lol. Stay away from alcohol but

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Quit a few times. Smoked heavy stopped cold turkey on the 14th.

When ya find out a parent has lung cancer & they tell you to stop its not as hard as other times.
Sorry to hear that

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
My mate successfully quit smoking. Took him about 4 tries over about 3.5 years.
The way he did it: He said that kept telling himself that one of the **** was shoved up a donkeys ass.

Not trying to mock you if you were wondering.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
im still convinced its all in the head and all these government anti-smoking ads are designed to make you think thats its hard to quit so you wont quit
A huge part of it is in your head but withdrawal is a **** (from previous attempts )

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You'll be sweet bro. I actually found it easy. Heavy smoker for over 10 years, just decided halfway through a smoke that I was over it, put it out and haven't touched one since. First week was tough but I just drank heaps of water and ate heaps Lol. Stay away from alcohol but
Sober alcoholic here lol so drinking is no issue

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Used to smoke a pack a day before getting sick, now its 4-6 smokes a day.

It's hard with my clinical depression, severe anxiety and severe stress.

PS I really think in my head I won't get cancer. Also think if you stress over getting cancer, you will get it. But that's just me.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Tricky one .. I've never smoked (saw a family member die of cancer before I hit my teens), and that was enough to turn me off.

Might not seem like it now, but your body will resolve itself. The sooner you quit, the sooner it can begin to repair.

Come back here in a year of being smoke free and you'll be raving about the difference it's made to your everyday life :grinning:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Used to smoke a pack a day before getting sick, now its 4-6 smokes a day.

It's hard with my clinical depression, severe anxiety and severe stress.

PS I really think in my head I won't get cancer. Also think if you stress over getting cancer, you will get it. But that's just me.
Thats the **** of the thing bro It helps the anxiety a lot lol .my head is fog right now and while I don't want to light 1 up .I can really feel the body craving the nico .ill be like that junkie on train spotting by 6pm

Status
Not open for further replies.