Quick Tap Tolman.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There was 20 minutes to go, I thought we needed at least one more try to win the game. You don't start playing for golden point at the 60 minute mark.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There was 20 minutes to go, I thought we needed at least one more try to win the game. You don't start playing for golden point at the 60 minute mark.
It changes the whole game though because the Eels have to score again and it creates scoreboard pressure which potentially leads to mistakes. With our attack the way it is taking the two was the only option.

Last edited:

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't blame Tolman for running about like he owns the team. Hes trying his hardest. I blame the coach and senior players who allow him to do these sort of things unrebuked. If I was coach or a playmaker in this team I would not be passing him the ball in key situations and rebuking him for taking quick taps as though he is Damien Cook. Someone needs to take control. Do you honestly think he would be allowed to do that in a Bellamy team or a Cameron Smith team?

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not that it cost us the game. But 18-18 we aren’t chasing any more points. To be honest we still probably lose (both the eels halves and even gutherson could kick a field goal). But you take the 2. Get the ball back and get a kick downfield and it becomes a arm wrestle after that.

Anyways. Reffing was questionable all game. Shame to be honest.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Too many hissy fits calling for Tolman's head. I mean, fair dinkum, has any other player ever got a play wrong (and I'm not convinced his was).
Tolman has played his guts out for our club and has been going forward well lately. It's about time some stopped masquerading as footy experts and concentrated on what they're are probably good at - nothing.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am anything but a tolman fan but in hindsight obviously it looks bad, I don’t like seeing tolman making those calls but with 23 to go it’s not a cut and dry call, I’m proud of the boys effort today they tried hard

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No but u take the 2 in the 18th min to even up and rest. U definitely do it in the 60th

Reactions: GDR

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Too many hissy fits calling for Tolman's head. I mean, fair dinkum, has any other player ever got a play wrong (and I'm not convinced his was).
Tolman has played his guts out for our club and has been going forward well lately. It's about time some stopped masquerading as footy experts and concentrated on what they're are probably good at - nothing.
Nice hissy fit

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was a terrible play, we are up against it with parra and the opportunity to level against parra is massive, tolman is not the captain, he should not be making decisions. should not play for the club again

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was unfortunate that it came to nothing. But in all honesty we made two errors in the first half that gifted Parra 12 points and then failed to produce a try from 6 line dropouts to get ahead. A few more class players across the park and we'd have won by a couple of tries.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The no try in first half. Was the killer punch. Doesn’t garentee a win but it would made it interesting. Our d is good. Attack lacks. But we need a run off the back fence forward it let us down again todsy

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is absolutely no reasoning behind taking a tap when 2 points are pretty much a certainty. Was he under instructions? At 18-18 the Dogs would have won with all the momentum.