Opinion Quick fixes

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying yes I know there’s no quick fixes to this rabble of a team we have right now....but Pay can save him (and us) 17 more weeks of embarrassment by making a few basic decisions /adjustments

Under Pays ‘attacking gameplan’ and with his favoured lieutenant Lewis calling the shots we have averaged 8 points ....I repeat 8 points per game !!!

Clearly this would suggest we have a massive issue with attacking spark (lack thereof)

What we (sorry the majority of us knows) is we are not scoring points this year with the status quo!

Spine
1. DWZ is just a hard running fullback but everytime the ball gets kicked to him I’m expecting an error. Push him to the wing or centre

6. Lewis /Cogger should never see FG for us again. That was the most embarrassing looking attack I’ve ever witnessed in an NRL game.

9. JMK stays because there’s no one else (at least I saw him have darts out of DH tonight and his defence and fitness levels are good.

We got nothing to lose and sticking with the current ‘madness’ will further embarrass this great club and tarnish our legacy and reputation.

The spine should be this;
1. Averillo
6. Foran
7. Wakeham
9. JMK

RT needs to fkn start, so does Sue and/or RFM because we get beaten up early every fkn game through the middle third and Pay does not sub until the damage is done.

Ogden needs to come back on the bench

Get rid of the stat paddling Tolman
Fk Napa off to the bench where he belongs ala like the Roosters had him.

If we get beat with that spine then so be it but at least we bringing something resembling a gun to the fight unlike the fkn bread knife Lewis is holding!

Full team

1. Averillo
2. Meaney
3. DWZ
4. Hoppa
5. Smith

6. Foran
7. Wakeham

8. Sue
9. JMK
10. RT
11. Britt
12. Elliott
13. Jackson

14. Napa
15. RFM
16. Ogden
17. Harper /Holland

Pay needs to sort his substitutions out ...3rd season and still can’t get it right

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree with most of your post. But not Britt in the starting line up. Cmon, the guy makes a shit load of errors and missed crucial tackles. At least RFm can bend the line and offload. Maybe bench Britt but then again i would rather Tolman for his defence (on the agreement that he doesn't touch it more than once a set and NEVER touches it on the 3rd,4th or 5th)

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
With the season nearly gone, i would also try:
Averillo
Smith and DWZ one side (Smith on the wing)
Hoppa and Meaney other wing
Wakeham and Foz in the halves
Toomaga and Napa front row starting
back row Jackson, RFM, Elliot
Hooker: Katoa
Bench: Sue, Tolman, Ogden and JMK (goes on late in each half or if Katoa has any brain snaps)
Throw the game plan out. Instead:
Direct running with support players, quick line speed and play the balls. Offloads, fuck it, have some fun.
At least it would be worth watching....

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sack pay then the board sacks themselves then we get new players

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree with most of your post. But not Britt in the starting line up. Cmon, the guy makes a shit load of errors and missed crucial tackles. At least RFm can bend the line and offload. Maybe bench Britt but then again i would rather Tolman for his defence (on the agreement that he doesn't touch it more than once a set and NEVER touches it on the 3rd,4th or 5th)
RFM can’t play out wide he’s already tried and he’s very very average. He’s good off the bench through the middle

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
With the season nearly gone, i would also try:
Averillo
Smith and DWZ one side (Smith on the wing)
Hoppa and Meaney other wing
Wakeham and Foz in the halves
Toomaga and Napa front row starting
back row Jackson, RFM, Elliot
Hooker: Katoa
Bench: Sue, Tolman, Ogden and JMK (goes on late in each half or if Katoa has any brain snaps)
Throw the game plan out. Instead:
Direct running with support players, quick line speed and play the balls. Offloads, fuck it, have some fun.
At least it would be worth watching....
We have a game plan?

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
I want to see us give Katoa a go at hooker.

JMK is quick and he can defend very well, but his service is ordinary and he hasn't showcased any foresight in attack. Even though he gives his all and would probably be enough if we had first class halves, at the end of the day he hasn't progressed beyond a make-shift hooker, and our halves are struggling big time. From memory Katoa single-handedly orchestrated two tries in limited minutes in our trials/9's. I think with some more class at hooker, our attack would look much sharper, and less thinking would be required from our brain-dead halves lol

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Game Plan:
Lewis = bombs
Tolman = 4th
Only let plodders take hitups so we lose the ruck.
Minimal line speed as we don't want to get tired
The end

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Game Plan:
Lewis = bombs
Tolman = 4th
Only let plodders take hitups so we lose the ruck.
Minimal line speed as we don't want to get tired
The end
Lynne would give you a job with that as a cover letter

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We dont have the cattle.. Pay has put his faith in the duds hes signed..

1-2 changes isnt enough for this rabble.. we probably have only 4 or 5 players that would start in any other NRL team..

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
1. Averillo
2. DWZ
3. Hopoate
4. Harper
5. Smith
6. Foran
7. Wakeham
8. To'omaga
9. Katoa
10. Tolman
11. Jackson
12. Elliott
13. RFM
14. Napa
15. Britt
16. Sue
17. JMK

We've got to start by attacking thru the middle, which means we need some punch in the forwards. I'd put Napa and Britt back to the bench, starting RFM and To'omaga in the middle and putting Elliott on an edge.
I'd give Katoa a shot from 9 with instructions to defend well and bring the forwards onto the ball.
Wakeham moves the team around, Foran can focus on breaking the opposition down on both sides of the field.
Averillo into fullback, give the guy a shot, he look like a real footballer, speed and positioning looks good so far. Have him on the ball in attack, trailing players who can offload, - RFM, Britt, Elliott, Jackson
DWZ and Smith on the wings, get the sets of to a good start and support thru the middle when they can.
Harper and Hoppa in the centres as we have no one else. Focus on strong defence, strong runs out nof our own end.
Napa and Sue can come on thru the middle, Britt can cover the middle and edge, JMK is the utility.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
1. Averillo
2. DWZ
3. Hopoate
4. Harper
5. Smith
6. Foran
7. Wakeham
8. To'omaga
9. Katoa
10. Tolman
11. Jackson
12. Elliott
13. RFM
14. Napa
15. Britt
16. Sue
17. JMK

We've got to start by attacking thru the middle, which means we need some punch in the forwards. I'd put Napa and Britt back to the bench, starting RFM and To'omaga in the middle and putting Elliott on an edge.
I'd give Katoa a shot from 9 with instructions to defend well and bring the forwards onto the ball.
Wakeham moves the team around, Foran can focus on breaking the opposition down on both sides of the field.
Averillo into fullback, give the guy a shot, he look like a real footballer, speed and positioning looks good so far. Have him on the ball in attack, trailing players who can offload, - RFM, Britt, Elliott, Jackson
DWZ and Smith on the wings, get the sets of to a good start and support thru the middle when they can.
Harper and Hoppa in the centres as we have no one else. Focus on strong defence, strong runs out nof our own end.
Napa and Sue can come on thru the middle, Britt can cover the middle and edge, JMK is the utility.
I think you hit it on the head with JMK which I now realise ...didn’t bring the forwards onto the ball

Katoa actually did that well in the trials

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying yes I know there’s no quick fixes to this rabble of a team we have right now....but Pay can save him (and us) 17 more weeks of embarrassment by making a few basic decisions /adjustments

Under Pays ‘attacking gameplan’ and with his favoured lieutenant Lewis calling the shots we have averaged 8 points ....I repeat 8 points per game !!!

Clearly this would suggest we have a massive issue with attacking spark (lack thereof)

What we (sorry the majority of us knows) is we are not scoring points this year with the status quo!

Spine
1. DWZ is just a hard running fullback but everytime the ball gets kicked to him I’m expecting an error. Push him to the wing or centre

6. Lewis /Cogger should never see FG for us again. That was the most embarrassing looking attack I’ve ever witnessed in an NRL game.

9. JMK stays because there’s no one else (at least I saw him have darts out of DH tonight and his defence and fitness levels are good.

We got nothing to lose and sticking with the current ‘madness’ will further embarrass this great club and tarnish our legacy and reputation.

The spine should be this;
1. Averillo
6. Foran
7. Wakeham
9. JMK

RT needs to fkn start, so does Sue and/or RFM because we get beaten up early every fkn game through the middle third and Pay does not sub until the damage is done.

Ogden needs to come back on the bench

Get rid of the stat paddling Tolman
Fk Napa off to the bench where he belongs ala like the Roosters had him.

If we get beat with that spine then so be it but at least we bringing something resembling a gun to the fight unlike the fkn bread knife Lewis is holding!

Full team

1. Averillo
2. Meaney
3. DWZ
4. Hoppa
5. Smith

6. Foran
7. Wakeham

8. Sue
9. JMK
10. RT
11. Britt
12. Elliott
13. Jackson

14. Napa
15. RFM
16. Ogden
17. Harper /Holland

Pay needs to sort his substitutions out ...3rd season and still can’t get it right
Totally agree with this except holland

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
1. Averillo
2. DWZ
3. Hopoate
4. Harper
5. Smith
6. Foran
7. Wakeham
8. To'omaga
9. Katoa
10. Tolman
11. Jackson
12. Elliott
13. RFM
14. Napa
15. Britt
16. Sue
17. JMK

Ive been a jmk fan but his stand up then passing is far too slow