Questions for Steve Mortimer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You have every right as a passionate dogs supporter to ask those questions. But i will let you know what i know of Turvey. I met Turvey at a dogs forum after our salary cap scandal. Turvey and george took over the reins of the bulldogs together. The bulldogs were struggling to get sponsors. I through a work colleague and friend arranged with turvey for Mitsubishi Electric to become there main sponsor. Which lasted 9 years. I know what turvey went through during that time also the media beat up with coffs harbour. I personally saw what turvey went through especially with coffs first having the support of the board then back stabbing him leading to his resignation as CEO. The media beat up then was incredible. Lies after lies. Those who remember the dogs were on front and back page of the telecrap for weeks. When dib came onto the scene turvey always supported dib saying he was a good man. I believed him up until a few years ago. Even at the last election turvey still supported him. But he did voice his views and had to resign as a director. I know that turvey was the only director that was causing problems because of hasler he said to me he had no support of the board. So we all know that dib tried to look good towards the end but i dont know what he promised turvey for him to support dib. To me that was turveys mistake dosent matter what dib said you couldnt trust him. Turveys only mstake is when he resigned he did the right thing and should off washed his hands and thats that. But to me Steve Mortimer is a Champion and in my eyes always will be and i will never forget what he did for the bulldogs.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
LEAVE TURVEY (OUR GREATEST) ALONE...HE DESERVES NOTHING BUT RESPECT !!!
I was a fan of Hasler until his dismal performances at the club,
WE SHOULD NEVER FORGET HE WAS EMPLOYED IN FULL CONTROL BY GREENBERG ...
Four years ago I started asking questions about Haslers and Castles credibility,
Concerned about Haslers full control and Castles lack of it.
The answer came from a very reliable insider (( when Greenberg was there he had an influence in Haslers decision making, in Castle case Hasler would tell her to jump, and she'll say HOW HIGH !!! ))
In comes Ray Dib...Taking over Castles decision making or tried to...(( that was a no no ))
Realizing they are getting nowhere, they negotiated with Hasler for 18 month for the club to take back control,
They sacked all his money hungry friends but made the BIGGEST MISTAKE in trusting him, they should have learnt of what he has done to HIS BELOVED Manly after sacking his friend Peter Peters !!!
DIB SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN FOOLED INTO GIVING HIM ANOTHER CONTRACT !!!
SADLY...The truth will never satisfy the politically motivated HATERS
I feel like I've just listened to a rage against the machine song after reading that

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You have every right as a passionate dogs supporter to ask those questions. But i will let you know what i know of Turvey. I met Turvey at a dogs forum after our salary cap scandal. Turvey and george took over the reins of the bulldogs together. The bulldogs were struggling to get sponsors. I through a work colleague and friend arranged with turvey for Mitsubishi Electric to become there main sponsor. Which lasted 9 years. I know what turvey went through during that time also the media beat up with coffs harbour. I personally saw what turvey went through especially with coffs first having the support of the board then back stabbing him leading to his resignation as CEO. The media beat up then was incredible. Lies after lies. Those who remember the dogs were on front and back page of the telecrap for weeks. When dib came onto the scene turvey always supported dib saying he was a good man. I believed him up until a few years ago. Even at the last election turvey still supported him. But he did voice his views and had to resign as a director. I know that turvey was the only director that was causing problems because of hasler he said to me he had no support of the board. So we all know that dib tried to look good towards the end but i dont know what he promised turvey for him to support dib. To me that was turveys mistake dosent matter what dib said you couldnt trust him. Turveys only mstake is when he resigned he did the right thing and should off washed his hands and thats that. But to me Steve Mortimer is a Champion and in my eyes always will be and i will never forget what he did for the bulldogs.
Thank you for posting.

It is truly a shame that Steve got caught up in Dib's deceitful web. I believe he should not have rejoined Dib on the Board and therefore endorsed Dib. That put Steve in a real awkward position. And dont forget Turvey threatened to resign the election before last if Dib wasn't voted in.

Probably too much emotion involved without enough thorough evaluation of Dib's faults.

No one would seriously bag Turvey at our club but even a guy as revered as he is accountable.

Its all water under the bridge now. Qe have our answers and some explanations of where it went horribly and some measures put in place to ensure it doesnt ever happen again hopefully.

He is still on the Board and you would have expected him to be there last night. A few Ive asked say they didnt see him?

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thank you for posting.

It is truly a shame that Steve got caught up in Dib's deceitful web. I believe he should not have rejoined Dib on the Board and therefore endorsed Dib. That put Steve in a real awkward position. And dont forget Turvey threatened to resign the election before last if Dib wasn't voted in.

Probably too much emotion involved without enough thorough evaluation of Dib's faults.

No one would seriously bag Turvey at our club but even a guy as revered as he is accountable.

Its all water under the bridge now. Qe have our answers and some explanations of where it went horribly and some measures put in place to ensure it doesnt ever happen again hopefully.

He is still on the Board and you would have expected him to be there last night. A few Ive asked say they didnt see him?
Thats ok. Lets hope for big changes with new board now i like what i have seen so far. Very encouraging

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Thats ok. Lets hope for big changes with new board now i like what i have seen so far. Very encouraging
We love the club so just have to tough it out with them. We still expect 100 % effort no matter who is out there on the field in our jersey so they will receive the same loyalty from supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.