Questions for Steve Mortimer

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Announcing the coaches extention publicly would definately have been a board decision.. The reason was to be able to secure some players for 2018..
Funny those contracts appear to have put us further into the hole .. Just a comedy of errors ..

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
LEAVE TURVEY (OUR GREATEST) ALONE...HE DESERVES NOTHING BUT RESPECT !!!
I was a fan of Hasler until his dismal performances at the club,
WE SHOULD NEVER FORGET HE WAS EMPLOYED IN FULL CONTROL BY GREENBERG ...
Four years ago I started asking questions about Haslers and Castles credibility,
Concerned about Haslers full control and Castles lack of it.
The answer came from a very reliable insider (( when Greenberg was there he had an influence in Haslers decision making, in Castle case Hasler would tell her to jump, and she'll say HOW HIGH !!! ))
In comes Ray Dib...Taking over Castles decision making or tried to...(( that was a no no ))
Realizing they are getting nowhere, they negotiated with Hasler for 18 month for the club to take back control,
They sacked all his money hungry friends but made the BIGGEST MISTAKE in trusting him, they should have learnt of what he has done to HIS BELOVED Manly after sacking his friend Peter Peters !!!
DIB SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN FOOLED INTO GIVING HIM ANOTHER CONTRACT !!!
SADLY...The truth will never satisfy the politically motivated HATERS

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dib cops the blame because he decided to be the face of the administration..

no one told to be in the media every 5 minutes and no one told him to shoot his mouth off about unfinalised coaches contracts
Dib isn't bad, He was either a fool or fooled in believing Hasler !!!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
LEAVE TURVEY (OUR GREATEST) ALONE...HE DESERVES NOTHING BUT RESPECT !!!
I was a fan of Hasler until his dismal performances at the club,
WE SHOULD NEVER FORGET HE WAS EMPLOYED IN FULL CONTROL BY GREENBERG ...
Four years ago I started asking questions about Haslers and Castles credibility,
Concerned about Haslers full control and Castles lack of it.
The answer came from a very reliable insider (( when Greenberg was there he had an influence in Haslers decision making, in Castle case Hasler would tell her to jump, and she'll say HOW HIGH !!! ))
In comes Ray Dib...Taking over Castles decision making or tried to...(( that was a no no ))
Realizing they are getting nowhere, they negotiated with Hasler for 18 month for the club to take back control,
They sacked all his money hungry friends but made the BIGGEST MISTAKE in trusting him, they should have learnt of what he has done to HIS BELOVED Manly after sacking his friend Peter Peters !!!
DIB SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN FOOLED INTO GIVING HIM ANOTHER CONTRACT !!!
SADLY...The truth will never satisfy the politically motivated HATERS
Mate read what you just wrote.

You said you first started questioning Hasler's leadership 4 years ago. Why didnt our Board and Chairman? It was obvious we were going down the gurgler.

Then you say Dib tried for a whole 18 months to rein in Hasler. Then you say his biggest mistake was trusting Hasler...who forced him! It was clear that Hasler was a stubborn, egotistical, one dimensional, out of ideas, old coach who would not listen or evolve the team. They took away his bludger staff and he hit back with this mess IMO.

That renewal of contract of a faded and flawed coach has cost us large in all facets of our football club. No one forced Dib and all members of the Board are implicated until we hear of a split vote on the matter from last year. Millions lost!

"The truth will never satisfy the politically motivated HATERS"

What the heck are you alluding to with that statement?

All supporters know of the turmoil Dib/Des/Castle have put the club through so your timeline is not news.

I dont question Turvey lightly but all Board members are equally held responsible if they backed Fib being reinstated when they were aware of what has been presided over..and if they didn't know as Board members sadly they probably should have.

Reactions: GDR

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We had all the drama in October 2016 when Steve resigned because Dib kept Hasler. Dib backed Hasler over our greatest player.

The Board was (apparently according to Dib) told by Hasler that he was changing the game plan for 2017 from boring Desball to try and attract back our fans.
That didnt happen in 2017 with further eroding of our status.

Under that criteria alone, Dib should not have entered into an extension, HOA, MOA, new contract..whatever bs Dib called it.

It has been a momumental fail from Dib and the Board.

If they'd like to defend their reputations, we'd all like to hear it.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ummm...

- You are aware that Turvey came on board AFTER Des Hasler stepped down right?
- You are aware that Turvey did NOT support Hasler, which is why he stepped down in 2016 after they decided not to fire Des Hasler right
- You are aware that Turvey and Dib do NOT see eye-to-eye anymore, right?
- You are aware that Turvey came on board to help clean up the mess right?
- You are aware this was AFTER all the damage was done, right?
You are aware that the Bastard Hasler made a fool out of Dib...No excuses !!!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
so does that justify the position we are currently in???..

oh but hes a good bloke .... Oh Sh!t I'm soo sorry I didn't know that ... no probs then mate ill happily take the Wooden spoons coming our way .. Because Dib is a good Bloke ... how bloody rude of me ...

You raise a compelling argument LMFAO

Your previous thread was not well received, I suggest you quit while you are ahead

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We had all the drama in October 2016 when Steve resigned because Dib kept Hasler. Dib backed Hasler over our greatest player.

The Board was (apparently according to Dib) told by Hasler that he was changing the game plan for 2017 from boring Desball to try and attract back our fans.
That didnt happen in 2017 with further eroding of our status.

Under that criteria alone, Dib should not have entered into an extension, HOA, MOA, new contract..whatever bs Dib called it.

It has been a momumental fail from Dib and the Board.

If they'd like to defend their reputations, we'd all like to hear it.
Dib believed in Hasler, that was his ultimate mistake.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

oh but hes a good bloke .... Oh Sh!t I'm soo sorry I didn't know that ... no probs then mate ill happily take the Wooden spoons coming our way .. Because Dib is a good Bloke ... how bloody rude of me ...

Your previous thread was not well received, I suggest you quit while you are ahead
We can't all be perfect like you !
Mate read what you just wrote.

You said you first started questioning Hasler's leadership 4 years ago. Why didnt our Board and Chairman? It was obvious we were going down the gurgler.

Then you say Dib tried for a whole 18 months to rein in Hasler. Then you say his biggest mistake was trusting Hasler...who forced him! It was clear that Hasler was a stubborn, egotistical, one dimensional, out of ideas, old coach who would not listen or evolve the team. They took away his bludger staff and he hit back with this mess IMO.

That renewal of contract of a faded and flawed coach has cost us large in all facets of our football club. No one forced Dib and all members of the Board are implicated until we hear of a split vote on the matter from last year. Millions lost!

"The truth will never satisfy the politically motivated HATERS"

What the heck are you alluding to with that statement?

All supporters know of the turmoil Dib/Des/Castle have put the club through so your timeline is not news.

I dont question Turvey lightly but all Board members are equally held responsible if they backed Fib being reinstated when they were aware of what has been presided over..and if they didn't know as Board members sadly they probably should have.
The whole point is Leave Turvey alone, He is the only one that stood down in protest against Hasler.
No excuses for Dib, but he and the board were fooled by Hasler into believing he will change !

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not denying that Turvey will have some questions to answer for, however, he was in no way, shape or form responsible for the mess that was created. Dib and Castle are responsible for giving Des too much power which got us in this mess in the first place. Not Turvey. You can't blame him because he did not make the mistakes they did. Even if he didn't do anything or much to intervene, he does not have blood on his hands.
Sorry Wahesh, It was Greenberg that gave Hasler all the power !

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
100% agree with you @_G-Dog_ ... all the while this "story" stays in the media it gets attention.

Hopefully the club come out tonight with a definite answer for the fans and silence this bullshit.
You are 100% on Mr I, the point is we need to know were we stand as a club and fans even if it means we have to play with a bunch of reserve graders, look on the bright side we did it before and nearly won the grand final !

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Dib believed in Hasler, that was his ultimate mistake.
There was prominent, critical (and public) evidence from the beginning as far back as 2013 that Des Hasler was not the right coach for the Dogs which qas exposed when Barba when off the rails and our attack broke down.

Yes Greenberg signed the Destroyer, but Dib and co extended him in 2014 and still kept in place his autocratic control of the whole football department.

Can't blame Greenberg for anything after that really.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Did I upset you ?
You must be a HATER !

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There was prominent, critical (and public) evidence from the beginning as far back as 2013 that Des Hasler was not the right coach for the Dogs which qas exposed when Barba when off the rails and our attack broke down.

Yes Greenberg signed the Destroyer, but Dib and co extended him in 2014 and still kept in place his autocratic control of the whole football department.

Can't blame Greenberg for anything after that really.
I think you will find Hasler was originally signed for 2013/14/15/16 but started a year early 2012
They extended his contract for 2016 & 2017.
During an early season game 2015 I sent this message to a prominent board member it read :
Hi ****, what is going on with our team ?
we are entertainers No more.
nor we are the Dogs of war.
we aren't even the Manly / Hasler style.
what has become of the Bulldogs ?
Still waiting for an answer...LOL

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Sorry Wahesh, It was Greenberg that gave Hasler all the power !
Yes it was, that was to get him on board, but who decided to keep this in his renewed contract after Greenberg left, especially given he wasn't getting the results we needed, thus not justifying the power he had?

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes it was, that was to get him on board, but who decided to keep this in his renewed contract after Greenberg left, especially given he wasn't getting the results we needed, thus not justifying the power he had?
I agree...2016 the year we should have had a new coach.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve Mortimer bleeds blue and white
He only wants the best for our great club,we should never doubt him
I live very close to him,still see steve walking his dog wearing his old jerseys
A true clubman

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lyn Anderson will be on nine news tonight. Sounds like she's going to rip into Des, Dib and Castle

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Steve Mortimer bleeds blue and white
He only wants the best for our great club,we should never doubt him
I live very close to him,still see steve walking his dog wearing his old jerseys
A true clubman
No questioning his loyalty to the Club and the fans or his status as our best ever player (plus Baa).

What is being discussed is his loyalty to the Dib faction and any unfortunate implication due to his appointment as a Board and Director charged with the good governance of the Football and Leagues Club...along with all the other Directors under Dib.

There are responsibilities and duties that go with that job and unfortunately something has gone astray in this case for quite some time with our Board.

Saying that is not casting aspersions on Turvey and he'd be the first to acknowledge his duties towards the Club as an office holder..he still holds both his positionson both Boards.

I hope the healing and clearing of the desks starts afresh tonight and we find out about the Club's future...instead of media hype, gossip and innuendo.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No questioning his loyalty to the Club and the fans or his status as our best ever player (plus Baa).

What is being discussed is his loyalty to the Dib faction and any unfortunate implication due to his appointment as a Board and Director charged with the good governance of the Football and Leagues Club...along with all the other Directors under Dib.

There are responsibilities and duties that go with that job and unfortunately something has gone astray in this case for quite some time with our Board.

Saying that is not casting aspersions on Turvey and he'd be the first to acknowledge his duties towards the Club as an office holder..he still holds both his positionson both Boards.

I hope the healing and clearing of the desks starts afresh tonight and we find out about the Club's future...instead of media hype, gossip and innuendo.
Majority of us have the same priority at heart and that is the prosperity of our club,
And I have a great belief that goes to the current and the old boards irrespective of any individuals flaw.
One thing for sure we all did cartwheels when Hasler signed with us.
But the damming truth he took all of us for a ride !!!
Now he is gone... The club is cancer free !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.