Question regarding 2012 team

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Hi guys, in 2012 we arguably had the best team in the competition. In the GF we had Turner and Morris one side, and Inu and Perrett on the other. Inu and Perrett were both purchased during the season though.

Who were the original centre/wing combo on that side?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Turner didn’t play in the GF it was Jono Wright on the wing. I think Turner had already retired the year before. Bryson Goodwin was on the wing and Wright at centre to begin the season.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Arr fair enough. Yeah those were the good days when the team was playing for more than just a pay cheque.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arr fair enough. Yeah those were the good days when the team was playing for more than just a pay cheque.
That’s the benefit of developing your own players a lot of that team played together through the grades so it had a very tight bond.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
how many errors did jono wright make in th GF 2012, all i remember of the 2012 GF was how wright and barba where man handled

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We had Wright/Jmoz on the left and Lafai/Turner on the Wright. Goodwin did his pec or something earlier in the year and Lafai got injured as well. That's why Des brought Inu over....Ben MacDougall played 1 or 2 games I think....I remember him mowing down Colin Best from a 10m head start, easily the fastest player in our team.

Also Jamal Lolesi would've been our right centre in the 04 GF had he not injured his knee in a game I against Canberra I think..

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hi guys, in 2012 we arguably had the best team in the competition. In the GF we had Turner and Morris one side, and Inu and Perrett on the other. Inu and Perrett were both purchased during the season though.

Who were the original centre/wing combo on that side?
Really?

I thought it was dead average. I consider the "best teams" filled with players who are both good, but also consistent. If you have a look at that time, you cannot apply that rule to the majority.

We had an ON FIRE fullback, a forward rotation that meant Graham came off the bench, some punch from Kasiano, and two nippy halves chiming into our largely forward-dominated game plan.

And it's been answered, but Turner was injured from the first few rounds. Goodwin was our other winger, and neither of which made it to the GF - with Inu and Perrett joining Wright and Morris in our backline.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This was our first choice backline for the first 8 rounds:
  1. Ben Barba
  2. Steve Turner (RW)
  3. Josh Morris (LC)
  4. Jonathan Wright (RC)
  5. Bryson Goodwin (LW)
Steve Turner got injured Round 8 which brought Lafai into RC and pushed Wright to RW for a few weeks.

Bryson Goodwin got injured I believe and Inu was purchased during the week for Round 12. Inu slotted straight in at LW.

Lafai then got injured a few weeks later and Inu went to RC where he stayed.

Luke MacDougall filled in well a few weeks here and there to fill the Winger shortage we had.

Sam Perrett came to the club for Round 18 and the backline stayed as the following for the rest of the year:
  1. Ben Barba
  2. Sam Perrett (RW)
  3. Josh Morris (LC)
  4. Krisnan Inu (RC)
  5. Jonathan Wright (LW)

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Awesome Raysie.

Can we now close this thread?

Depressing enough as it is...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Actually Turner did play at the beginning of 2012 and did his knee in the Knights game and retired.
He was on fire to start the season... very disappointing he got injured

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was such a good year. Playing some brilliant attacking footy. We were all raving about des. Lol what a difference a few years makes

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That was such a good year. Playing some brilliant attacking footy. We were all raving about des. Lol what a difference a few years makes
We went from a very mobile team that had Payne,Stagg and Halatau along with a 26 year old Graham who was in his peak to a team of slow giants. Des really decimated our side.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kasiano was so good that year, actually, all our forwards were. One of my favourite moments was in the semi-final when Pritchard scored at the very end and all the players jumped on him and knowing we were off to the big dance. Also can't forget Barba's tries against the Storm and the Eels or Gus's voice after he scored against the Broncos.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
2012 was the team which had almost half the player playing NSW cup the year before.

It was a fluke master class by Des which was built on block/ shepherd plays by our forwards mainly Kasiano, Graham and co creating space for Barba.

there was no plan B in the final when the real super coach Bellamy nullified our ONLY game plan.