Question about Ennis late shot outcome?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain after the ref finally went back and checked the late hit on Ennis did we not get a penalty? Chambers was put on report so I would have thought a penalty would follow. I ask because I noticed melbourne had the ball for the restart of play( which they then knocked on first tackle)

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No penalty. Ref said "because it was on the set before".

Very dirty tackle, shoulder charge, extremely late, i'd say it was malicious but it didnt look too hard tbh.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's ridiculous not to be a penalty tho. If they went and looked straight away when it happen'l, which they do 99% of the time i'm sure we would have got it. Stupid rule that it because the ref took his time we miss out on a penalty and get no advantage for an illegal hit!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That's ridiculous not to be a penalty tho. If they went and looked straight away when it happen'l, which they do 99% of the time i'm sure we would have got it. Stupid rule that it because the ref took his time we miss out on a penalty and get no advantage for an illegal hit!
The pocket referee got ignored when he brought up aswell

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wat cut me was the pocket ref seen it happen and pointed it out and let play on like wtf I felt as though the ref let it happen cause it's Ennis

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
it was the most blatent cheap shot ive seen... actually that danny williams punch to back of the head of the unexpecting tigers player wasnt pretty either

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The second ref with the cam saw and pointed towards it as it happener but never blew a penalty, fck wit!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ennis looked like he was k o'd at first, thank god he's made of that blackbox material

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bullshit really. As it happened the pocket ref pointed to it and the ref ignored it. Once it was reviewed, how come they couldn't say, it's been reviewed, ur on report for a shoulder charge, we're going to go back up field and penalty dogs. How you can be placed on report and no penalty given, is ridiculous!

Malla

Reaction score
It annoyed me when Johns and Gould were talking about it being a 'love tap' and insinuating that Ennis took a dive.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can someone explain after the ref finally went back and checked the late hit on Ennis did we not get a penalty? Chambers was put on report so I would have thought a penalty would follow. I ask because I noticed melbourne had the ball for the restart of play( which they then knocked on first tackle)
The rule is that it won't get called back if the set has changed. That said if you watch the footage the ref points at Ennis when it happens which I believe was the ref asking the video ref to have a look at it. The video ref couldn't look because play hadn't stopped so the refs stopped play to have a look. It was unfortunate that it was too late by the time play had stopped but the refs didn't want to break our momentum so they didn't really do anything wrong.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
it was the most blatent cheap shot ive seen... actually that danny williams punch to back of the head of the unexpecting tigers player wasnt pretty either
Wat cut me was the pocket ref seen it happen and pointed it out and let play on like wtf I felt as though the ref let it happen cause it's Ennis
The pocket referee got ignored when he brought up aswell
A couple of timesI've seen the pocket ref when he brought a foul to the main man's attention told "Its OK I saw it". So what's the point of having the two referee system?

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of timesI've seen the pocket ref when he brought a foul to the main man's attention told "Its OK I saw it". So what's the point of having the two referee system?
To blow more penalties against the dogs,roosters,storm,parra .these four teams cop so many penalties they hardly win the penalty count.when they play each other these four teams have a game of fair refereeing unlike if we play souffs we get hammered lol

Kayser

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It annoyed me when Johns and Gould were talking about it being a 'love tap' and insinuating that Ennis took a dive.
That was no dive. He got smashed and it stung.

b00merang

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'd like to see someone run up and randomly tackle Gould or Johns from behind when they're not expecting it. Pretty sure they'd ****ing stay down as well.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
I don't know how T Sims cops 5 but Chambers gets off ?!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ennis is still playing next week so i doubt he gives a crap about it anymore. I agree that it would have been good to have gotten a penalty for the deliberate foul. I never know if the good cop or bad cop will be sitting in service at the judiciary. In view of the fact that the microphones caught chambers verballing Ennis after the late shoulder charge, you would think that might tell them some malice was intended and punishment was warranted. The actions of the judiciary defy logic though. If we make it through to the GF and manage to win it i think that we will have beaten some decent football teams and some very bad referees on the way. I'm confident we can beat any football team, if the refs are blatantly biased though it can make things difficult. The team look up for the challenge though.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
In the old days the touchie would put their flag up if they saw foul play and leave it up until refs noticed them. Sometimes they'd go back 3 sets to give a penalty

DOGGIESSTYLE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
umm he def milked it i applaud Ennis for having the commitment to stay down for that long lol seemed like forever .. also def should have been a penalty i just thought the refs missed it until played had stooped

Status
Not open for further replies.