News Queensland young gun Brendan Piakura chased by seven rival NRL clubs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not really no, I just like what I saw from the kid and don't want to lose him, but as we've seen with Penrith you can't keep em all
Yeah I like Doorey too. If he’s good enough he will force the clubs hand anyway it would be a good problem to have.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
FIRSTLY! Does this kid have a Instagram account?

SECONDLY! If so, is he following the Bulldogs, Kyle Flanagan and Matt Burton?
Haha Ofhengaue showed that's how's it's done these days. Unfollowed and changed his bio to ex Broncos player... Social media is the perfect gauge now with these young players lol

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Jackson, C Smith, Elliott and even RFM are all better suited to lock/middle. Stimson has been disappointing to say the least so we aren’t really that deep there. We don’t have a strike second rower with ball skills or real tackle breaking ability. No idea if this kid has it but its definitely something we lack.
Stimson in his first season with us played three games before his injury put him out for the rest of the 2020 season, can you please explain how exactly has he disappointed you mate? Not a great deal of time to prove his worth before being forced to sit out the rest of the season, not his fault injuries are just part of the game and players don’t intentionally get hurt. I think he will change your mind once he plays more than just a few games. He has massive potential and I don’t think Baz will quickly discard him being he’s a Temora local just like Baz. We shouldn’t jump to conclusions only because Pay signed him, he is talented!

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I rate targeting highly rated juniors like this kid over buying established NRL players. You have to take the risk they never adapt to the NRL but if they thrive you get a gun on a cheapish contract to open that premiership window.
Absolutely and grabbing them now fits our trajectory to getting to that window

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Stimson in his first season with us played three games before his injury put him out for the rest of the 2020 season, can you please explain how exactly has he disappointed you mate? Not a great deal of time to prove his worth before being forced to sit out the rest of the season, not his fault injuries are just part of the game and players don’t intentionally get hurt. I think he will change your mind once he plays more than just a few games. He has massive potential and I don’t think Baz will quickly discard him being he’s a Temora local just like Baz. We shouldn’t jump to conclusions only because Pay signed him, he is talented!
He looked in terrible shape coming into round 1 in 2020 and then he busted his shoulder in the first game so fair enough he can’t help being injured. Now there’s pictures of him looking like he’s eaten a sheep starting this years preseason. Maybe he just plays with extra pudding but he didn’t look like that in Melbourne.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This kid is an absolute freak, has a great left foot step and he craves the physical contact.....would be a great pickup for us but no way is he NRL ready.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Haha Ofhengaue showed that's how's it's done these days. Unfollowed and changed his bio to ex Broncos player... Social media is the perfect gauge now with these young players lol
Thats true and they aint the sharpest tools in the shed

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I would take this kid in a heart beat

Jackson Topine also will play FG next year and will carve

I’m happy to let Doorey go to the Eels and Stimson to MacDonalds
Jackson and Elliott will start in the second row/lock positions for at least 2 more years. If you're signing Piakura you're offering him a starting spot due to what you have to pay which means Topine doesn't have a position unless it's off the bench. We also have Waddell and Stimson contracted and that's the role they're going to play, off the bench. We need to be signing kids in positions we actually need, second row/lock isn't one of them.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And they're contracted for a decent amount of time. We have Doorey and Topine, two young second rowers already. Jackson, RFM, Elliott, Waddell, Stimson, Doorey and Topine, we don't need anymore. Hetherington can also play second row.
Spot on we don’t need anymore,they all talk these young blokes up,like suali,the guy hasn’t played against men,he’s played a lot of rugby where they have no idea how to tackle &under 20s where defence doesn’t exhist,

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He looked in terrible shape coming into round 1 in 2020 and then he busted his shoulder in the first game so fair enough he can’t help being injured. Now there’s pictures of him looking like he’s eaten a sheep starting this years preseason. Maybe he just plays with extra pudding but he didn’t look like that in Melbourne.
Yeah I’ll admit he is a typical big boned country boy and would never say he is a fine physical specimen like Sonny Bill in his prime, but I guess spending time on the sidelines for the better part of a full season whoever you are you are going to pack on a bit of beef and lose some match fitness in that time away from the field. All I know is when he was at Melbourne and got his chance to start in first grade the guy carved up opposition defenses everytime! Give the bloke a chance before writing him off bro.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kid is a mini Taupau.. Sad days when we dont already have these kids in our system.