News Queensland young gun Brendan Piakura chased by seven rival NRL clubs

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I’ll admit he is a typical big boned country boy and would never say he is a fine physical specimen like Sonny Bill in his prime, but I guess spending time on the sidelines for the better part of a full season whoever you are you are going to pack on a bit of beef and lose some match fitness in that time away from the field. All I know is when he was at Melbourne and got his chance to start in first grade the guy carved up opposition defenses everytime! Give the bloke a chance before writing him off bro.
Stimson has been the forgotten man in most discussions. I liked what I saw from him at the storm too. Hopefully if he has made a full recovery he will be more than useful to be in the mix in our 17.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Stimson has been the forgotten man in most discussions. I liked what I saw from him at the storm too. Hopefully if he has made a full recovery he will be more than useful to be in the mix in our 17.
Stimson showed more at the Storm than Waddell has at Manly imo. I think they're very similar signings. I'd like to see both of them in the team somewhere (probably the bench) round 1 to see what they offer.

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I believe they are both made for the faster version of the game. If both fit I think they should be our starting second rowers for at least the short term. If someone better comes along be it from within or otherwise so be it.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Will find the link Kempy posted on bloke in a bar and put it here...
The music in that clip and Kemp commentating it stopped me watching at about 3 minutes.

Spot on we don’t need anymore,they all talk these young blokes up,like suali,the guy hasn’t played against men,he’s played a lot of rugby where they have no idea how to tackle &under 20s where defence doesn’t exhist,

Looks decent. But I agree with you regarding hyping up youngsters massively.

Mighty_Matt

Waterboy
Reaction score
Sign him now I say, we don’t have a damaging back rower I know he’s a season or two away but we have nothing like this kid, what a left foot step .You can have your Jacksons and Elliotts there a dime a dozen wouldn’t worry me at all if both of them played Canterbury cup next season and we started with Waddell,Stimson( if fit) or Doorey and topine in the back row to be honest.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Spot on we don’t need anymore,they all talk these young blokes up,like suali,the guy hasn’t played against men,he’s played a lot of rugby where they have no idea how to tackle &under 20s where defence doesn’t exhist,
lol, some good points

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why the hell is that wog commentating for....it's a friggin highlights clip, we don't need your dumbass commentary fool. I couldn't watch more than 2 minutes of the clip.

The fact that there are 8 clubs chasing him obviosuly is a good sign. Hopefully his friendship with Topine gets him over the line as we need a gun backrower to replace CHN

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I rate targeting highly rated juniors like this kid over buying established NRL players. You have to take the risk they never adapt to the NRL but if they thrive you get a gun on a cheapish contract to open that premiership window.
Agree totally. Alot of premiership wining teams a scattered with great young guns wanting to prove themselves.They are underpaid as so fresh and keen. The team wins the comp the upgrades happen and the players go else where to earn top dollar. However the title is won .

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why the hell is that wog commentating for....it's a friggin highlights clip, we don't need your dumbass commentary fool. I couldn't watch more than 2 minutes of the clip.

The fact that there are 8 clubs chasing him obviosuly is a good sign. Hopefully his friendship with Topine gets him over the line as we need a gun backrower to replace CHN
I have a mate who is being chased by 10 clubs
Mainly unpaid debts

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if this kid really kicks on. How many players have been labelled the next superstar only to play a handful of NRL games.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t see how we are considered the favourites tbh.
Smart play from his manager to up his price. Don't think he'll leave the Broncos unless he sees a clearer pathway at the Roosters (Cordner retirement soon?). Storm & Raiders are set with young backrowers. Article also fails to mention that one of his best mates is still at the Broncos.