Queensland born Doggies fans

the_boy_wonder

Waterboy
Reaction score
Ps going for QLD and the broncos are completely different. I really hate those ‘broncos / Qld people’. I am a massive dogs fan, and also massive Qlder.

hate the Broncos. Their arrogance is out of control. No matter what though, will always be a doggies man. Can see them coming out of this with Gus.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maleny Sunshine Coast moved to Brisbane when I was 14 love it here

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ps going for QLD and the broncos are completely different. I really hate those ‘broncos / Qld people’. I am a massive dogs fan, and also massive Qlder.

hate the Broncos. Their arrogance is out of control. No matter what though, will always be a doggies man. Can see them coming out of this with Gus.
Tony Curries tyre n more he’s an ex doggie runs a few tyre joints in Brisbane he has good stories about the old dogs

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Born and raised in Bankstown, lived the last 6 years in Singapore and about to repatriate to Noosa. Have been wondering what it will be like being a Dogs fan in Qld... getting ready for the argy bargy...

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same as Boy Wonder. Started as a fan in ‘79. Proud Central Queenslander. Proud Dogs fan. There’s quite a few around up this way. Was thrilled a few years back when Raelene brought a game to Mackay in consecutive years. Josh Jackson made his debut off the bench in Mackay and ‘that try’ ….Barba to Morris….same game!

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Born and bred in Qld but supported the dogs ever since I had a say in what jersey I wore. The colours and mascot are what drew me in the history and the passion I felt when I watched our games is what has kept me around. Have only been to Sydney for work a few times. People used to give me shit for supporting a NSW team but it never bothered me. I love the Bulldogs and always will.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cbus stadium.
Where do people park seeing as their is no parking at the stadium?
Train lines appear to be interrupted this weekend from Brisbane to Gold Coast aswell.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
For me I followed Wests in the old brissie comp (Pretty much because my Dad did) prior to the Bronc's. Broncs was a dream come true to Qlder's because it was like Qld getting our own players back in 1980 for Origin. Our own team. I was a Bronc's fan back then but when they got rid of the King I walked away. You can't sack the King!

Shortly after that time the Broncs became the powerhouse and the players in the Wendell era became hugely arrogant with the success. I was of a similar age so they were constant fixtures in the clubs etc in town. I remember walking into a pub and there was a bronco's player in behind the bar, shirt off, helping himself to the alcohol at his own leisure. The bar staff were like, "WTF". They were treated and acted like god's. I hate arrogance, always have. No need for it IMO.

I remember watching The dog's and Ewen M'cGrady. I remember a game where he scored about 3 or 4 try's. The dogs defence was brutal and they had attacking flair. I became a Dogs fan and have been ever since.
When I lived in Brisbane I went to a Bronco's sponsor function after the game.

Bronco's had a big win over Cronulla. The Cronulla players turned up in suits all battered & bruised. The bulk of the Bronco's players didn't even turn up only about 3 Bronco's players.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

That sounds like how the Raiders got when they got successful