Queensland born Doggies fans

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
isn't everyone north of the border Broncos fans?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Christ no..we try and discourage it :tearsofjoy:

jokes...long time joined but not much to say mate? there are a few you will find.

Last edited:

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
seriously, though, I have read that there is resentment from older league fans in Brisbane and QLD for the damage the Broncos did to the old Brisbane comp... is that somewhat accurate?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
seriously, though, I have read that there is resentment from older league fans in Brisbane and QLD for the damage the Broncos did to the old Brisbane comp... is that somewhat accurate?
For me I followed Wests in the old brissie comp (Pretty much because my Dad did) prior to the Bronc's. Broncs was a dream come true to Qlder's because it was like Qld getting our own players back in 1980 for Origin. Our own team. I was a Bronc's fan back then but when they got rid of the King I walked away. You can't sack the King!

Shortly after that time the Broncs became the powerhouse and the players in the Wendell era became hugely arrogant with the success. I was of a similar age so they were constant fixtures in the clubs etc in town. I remember walking into a pub and there was a bronco's player in behind the bar, shirt off, helping himself to the alcohol at his own leisure. The bar staff were like, "WTF". They were treated and acted like god's. I hate arrogance, always have. No need for it IMO.

I remember watching The dog's and Ewen M'cGrady. I remember a game where he scored about 3 or 4 try's. The dogs defence was brutal and they had attacking flair. I became a Dogs fan and have been ever since.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember the uproar when the new Gold Coast team was about to enter the NRL and they wanted to use the "dolphins" logo and a lot of old school QLD league fans dismissed the idea... in league terms, the only dolphins in South East Queensland are Redcliffe

the_boy_wonder

Waterboy
Reaction score
I remember the uproar when the new Gold Coast team was about to enter the NRL and they wanted to use the "dolphins" logo and a lot of old school QLD league fans dismissed the idea... in league terms, the only dolphins in South East Queensland are Redcliffe
Yeah, Redcliffe are the dolphins (as in they are the only dolphins in seq)

the_boy_wonder

Waterboy
Reaction score
For me I followed Wests in the old brissie comp (Pretty much because my Dad did) prior to the Bronc's. Broncs was a dream come true to Qlder's because it was like Qld getting our own players back in 1980 for Origin. Our own team. I was a Bronc's fan back then but when they got rid of the King I walked away. You can't sack the King!

Shortly after that time the Broncs became the powerhouse and the players in the Wendell era became hugely arrogant with the success. I was of a similar age so they were constant fixtures in the clubs etc in town. I remember walking into a pub and there was a bronco's player in behind the bar, shirt off, helping himself to the alcohol at his own leisure. The bar staff were like, "WTF". They were treated and acted like god's. I hate arrogance, always have. No need for it IMO.

I remember watching The dog's and Ewen M'cGrady. I remember a game where he scored about 3 or 4 try's. The dogs defence was brutal and they had attacking flair. I became a Dogs fan and have been ever since.
Valleys were my team. Wally Lewis back then was unbelievable.

always a dogs fan in parallel though. Mortimer, Hughes, Geoff Robinson etc. low scores in the 80’s were excellent. When Gus was playing..

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Valleys were my team. Wally Lewis back then was unbelievable.

always a dogs fan in parallel though. Mortimer, Hughes, Geoff Robinson etc. low scores in the 80’s were excellent. When Gus was playing..
I played for the Old Valley's at Albion. The old clubhouse with Wally pictures. Cricket field now. Terry Lamb though was my favorite.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
cheer on every team vs the broncos hoping they can beat them
I nearly got into a blue at my first say if work years ago because I went for the Dogs and not the Broncs. That was the only reason lol. Fkn wankers, ever since that day I didn’t like the Broncs.
Didn’t mind them that bad beforehand, visiting them for rep and watching origins etc, but a lot of fans I know are wankers.