QLD Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shifty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
JuSTiNcReDiBLe! said:
Carlaw will fire up, dont u worry. He has size and frame and when he is on fire he can play and i still think SOO can bring the best in him. Bowen is 2 small for fullback at SOO level imo.

Ross has always been a good player off the bench for the maroons
I know what Carlaw can do, that's never been the problem. He's scored some important tries, but he needs to stop being a glory boy and be prepared to get his pretty jersey dirty.

I think sometimes Bowen is of the opinion that he is too small, it only takes one big hit in Origin and he goes hiding. I hope that he can overcome this as he's good enough to dominate at any level.

Ross isn't far behind Carlaw in being a cat and he lacks the impact to justify his selection. Hopefully he does fire up this year.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
1. Slater
2. Tate
3. Tonga
4. Bowman
5. Singh
6. Lockyer
7. Prince
8. Webcke
9. Smith
10. Webb
11. Crocker
12. Norton
13. Carroll

14. Tronc
15. Ross
16. Flannery
17. Bowen

H

Howlett

Shifty ur right there

I agree with ur post 100%. Carlaw does have the knack of scoring important tries but he needs 2 do the dirty work first.

I always thought ross was a great player.. i have 2 watch him bit more me thinks

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
JuSTiNcReDiBLe! said:
Shifty ur right there

I agree with ur post 100%. Carlaw does have the knack of scoring important tries but he needs 2 do the dirty work first.

I always thought ross was a great player.. i have 2 watch him bit more me thinks
My side has webb, carlaw and ross.

Shifty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Habib said:
My side has webb, carlaw and ross.
I don't doubt that the selectors will go the same way. Carl Webb has started off the season in devastating form, even if he is puffing and panting after 5 mins.

H

Howlett

Id pick webb over ross if he can prove his fitness

what abt Thurston would u put him at half ahead of prince?

or at bench or anythin at all?

Reaction score
Youd be puffing and panting if you were playing football in north qld in the middle of summer too.

Reaction score
JuSTiNcReDiBLe! said:
Id pick webb over ross if he can prove his fitness

what abt Thurston would u put him at half ahead of prince?

or at bench or anythin at all?
Bench. Impact. ****ing good player.

Webb deserves his place. Hes proven himself at Origin

H

Howlett

i take ya word Paranoir

we have also left out another x bulldog that i think deserves a spot somewhere

T Norton

What abt Luke O Donnell? I know he is from nsw.. but u guys from qld would watch more game time from him than we do.. how is he going? Could/should he get a chance at a blues jersey

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
For me, It'd be soothing to see Price lose his Origin and Kangaroo jerseys for jumping ship and leaving the country.

Reaction score
lol so nice of u habib.

I saw someone mention Luke O'Donnell as a potential QLD player earlier, I was like, wtf thats not right hes a blue! Hes a good player though.

Travis norton has gained selection in a few peoples teams, its out of him and Harrison for lock :p

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
Hmm...white most of these sides look great :D ... who knows whats going to happen between now and S.O.O, i'm not ruling out Hunt to play...Lockyer's a definate for me though. But depending how seymour goes, then he could be there instead of prince especially if locker/seymour combo is somethign deadly for the broncos. Theres a lot of new players as well, who may make debut for some teams, and be good enough to play SOO. Who knows...injuries and all....Lockyer is a certain for me, and you have to have tate in there. And dare I say who knows we could see hodges in there depending how he goes up till then!!

Shifty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
PARANoIR said:
Youd be puffing and panting if you were playing football in north qld in the middle of summer too.
I've played 80 mins footy in Mackay in summer, in the middle of the day and not looked that worse for wear. Not puffing and panting anywhere near the extent that Webb was in the trial against the Sharks anyway. He'd only been on for five minutes and that game was played at 7:30pm.

In the Northern Territory their Union and AFL season runs through summer, the wet season, so that cricket can be played in the dry season. They play games in the middle of a 40+ degree day with 90% humidity. They've only just switched League over to the winter months, but still play AFL during the summer.

I was dripping with sweat by the time I ran out on the field. To make it worse the jerseys were jet black.

Shifty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I hope and pray that Karmicheal Hunt is not in the side. I think I'm going to be disappointed.

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
Shifty said:
I hope and pray that Karmicheal Hunt is not in the side. I think I'm going to be disappointed.
What, even if he is in the best form of his life, and aboslutey carves up the NSW side...you'd still be dissapointed....oook then !!! :grinning:

bulldogs_chick16

The Brissy Kid
Reaction score
i agree with what you are saying there huntress it doesnt bother me wether hunt is in the side or not but if he is and he carves it up then it will be good for QLD but outta my personal oppion i dont think tom learoyd honestly he didnt play much last year coz of injury etc i dont think he has been much of an impact but maybe this season that will improve and he may find a spot within the Qld side but i did see that he was doing well when he played in the Australian School boys side

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
Besides midas, I think you've all missed the boat.

Karmichael Hunt will be in the side, and will probably stay in the side for the next 10 years. He is the new Darren Lockyer!

Reaction score
Shifty said:
I've played 80 mins footy in Mackay in summer, in the middle of the day and not looked that worse for wear. Not puffing and panting anywhere near the extent that Webb was in the trial against the Sharks anyway. He'd only been on for five minutes and that game was played at 7:30pm.

In the Northern Territory their Union and AFL season runs through summer, the wet season, so that cricket can be played in the dry season. They play games in the middle of a 40+ degree day with 90% humidity. They've only just switched League over to the winter months, but still play AFL during the summer.

I was dripping with sweat by the time I ran out on the field. To make it worse the jerseys were jet black.
And that was the NRL was it? How can you compare the standard of your competition to that of the NRL?

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
What about DUAL international Tonnie Carroll?

Status
Not open for further replies.