QLD Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

midas

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1. Slater; 2. Hunt; 3. Tate; 4. Tonga; 5. Hegarty; 6. Lockyer; 7. Prince; 8. Webcke; 9. Smith, C.; 10. Price; 11. Thorn; 12. Carlaw; 13. Carroll... 14. Ross; 15. Civoniceva; 16. Crocker; 17. Marsh

Shifty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Slater
2. Tate
3. Berrigan
4. Bowman
5. Tonga
6. Lockyer
7. Seymour
8. Webcke
9. Smith
10. Price
11. Crocker
12. Civonecieva
13. Harrison

14. Webb
15. Learoyd-Lahrs
16. Flannery
17. Bowen

Wesser should have been there in 2003, but shouldn't have been anywhere near consideration in 2004.

Learoyd-Lahrs looked overwhelmed by first grade last year, but I think this year he may step up. Once he gets some confidence he's going to be hard to stop.

Reaction score
Tom Learoyd - Now theres a bolter, and Seymore...interesting theory.

Why is it with everyones conception that if someone plays fullback, they can automatically play wing aswell? Karmichael Hunt and Matt Bowen both aren't wingers! Theres no chance theyll get picked on the wing.

Shifty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As long as Wesser and Slater aren't picked together. Seperately they are a liability in defence, but together they are an easy target.

Willskii

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Whesser
2. Frawley
3. Bowman
4. Tonga
5. Slater
6. Lockyer
7. Fien
8. Webcke
9. Smith
10. Price
11. Thorn
12. Civonociva
13. Carroll
14. Webb
15. Crocker
16. Ross
17. Bowen

I dont't know any cowboy players, so yeah i didn't put any in. If there any impressive Cowboy players then they shall be added.

Shifty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You've got Webb, Bowman and Bowen.

Tronc could be a bolter, Norton looks fired up for a big season, Hannay was solid last year for the Cowboys and Thurston is an outside chance.

I think Sheppard is a better player than Fien.

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After the way Prince played in last years series it is his job to lose.

M

MrCharisma

Prince doesn't have a kicking game, I think if Lockyer played halfback and Prince played five-eighth, there wouldn't be a problem

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His kicking game isnt that bad and with Lockyer with in the team you dont need a halfback with a long kicking game.

M

MrCharisma

No you do need a player with a long kicking game, Lockyer is a short kicking expert... you need someone who can be a 2nd option in kicking and who can take the field when Lockyer isn't around.... because he may get injured.

Norton is a 2nd playmaker.... I guess with Cameron Smith kicking, he can be the 2nd kicking option

Shifty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You answered it yourself, Cam Smith gives a second kicking option out of dummy half.

Prince won't necessarily have to throw it away, Seymour is capable of taking it off him..........if injury doesn't come into play.

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You dont think Locky has a good long kicking game? I rate it highly.

Reaction score
Lockyers kicking is his best quality IMO. His short kicks are second to none. But his open field kicks are just a good.

Its not that Scotty Prince doesnt have a kicking game, he just doesnt need to use it with Lockyer outside him. If anyone remembers Prince at the Cowboys, he was an awesome kicker then.

H

Howlett

1. Wesser
2. Tate
3. Hannay
4. Tonga
5. Slater
6. Lockyer
7. Prince
8. Webcke
9. Smith
10. Price
11. Thorn
12. Carlaw
13. Harrison

14. Bowen
15. Ross
16. Crocker
17. Civoniceva

Reaction score
Why does everyone keep picking Wesser ahead of Bowen? Bowen toured for Australia last year. Wesser didnt, therefore Bowen deserves to be number one.

Shifty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Carlaw and Ross had better have hit puberty over the off season. Reputation is one thing, but the only reputation the've lived up to is that of being a cat. Pussies the pair of them.

H

Howlett

Carlaw will fire up, dont u worry. He has size and frame and when he is on fire he can play and i still think SOO can bring the best in him. Bowen is 2 small for fullback at SOO level imo.

Ross has always been a good player off the bench for the maroons

Status
Not open for further replies.