News Pushy parents and a wife who wouldn’t let him quit: The making of Morgan Harper

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What the fuck were with the multiple gratuitous betting odds references in what is supposed to be a feel-good story about Harper?

What do the TAB odds have to do with his wife and mothers advice to him and his persistance and hard work paying off?

They just hijacked the article and turned it into a form guide or market update in Best Bets..

These betting agencies and the media whoring themselves out to them stoop to new lows by the day.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I need motivation from my parents,or my partner,maybe I need to start focusing on a new career,effort and motivation will only take u so far,if u don't have natural ability,or love to do something,I'd like to see Harper get involved a little more,at the moment he seems to wait for things to happen.
It's not as if it doesn't happen to a lot of players... how often do we see Queelander's move back home? and they are only an hour from home in Sydney, not in another country

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If I need motivation from my parents,or my partner,maybe I need to start focusing on a new career,effort and motivation will only take u so far,if u don't have natural ability,or love to do something,I'd like to see Harper get involved a little more,at the moment he seems to wait for things to happen.
That's a bit harsh. Did you move to love in a foreign country with twin boys and no family sort when you were a teen? Didnt think so. You shouldn't underestimate how hard it can be living abroad with little support.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a bit harsh. Did you move to love in a foreign country with twin boys and no family sort when you were a teen? Didnt think so. You shouldn't underestimate how hard it can be living abroad with little support.
Fair comment,his family have been in Australia for quite some time now,and he really needs to show something this year as he is out of contract,at years end,and on past form will battle to get a contract.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That imposter was NEVER a scout.
Lies. He scouted out several good bakers per week, often more. Not so much football talent to boast of. But it's damn certain he find a good pie.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fair comment,his family have been in Australia for quite some time now,and he really needs to show something this year as he is out of contract,at years end,and on past form will battle to get a contract.
I agree it may be a make or break year for him. If Averilo quickly jumps ahead of him you would think he is gone.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not as if it doesn't happen to a lot of players... how often do we see Queelander's move back home? and they are only an hour from home in Sydney, not in another country
Yeah aussies are really spoilt for choice when you can be ‘homesick’ from QLD to NSW. I guess that’s why they choose to play rugby league where they can be close to home as a professional unlike some other sports.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah aussies are really spoilt for choice when you can be ‘homesick’ from QLD to NSW. I guess that’s why they choose to play rugby league where they can be close to home as a professional unlike some other sports.

Queenslander's are just a bunch of big babies... you don't hear it even half as much from NSW players. I think if Harper can cement a spot in FG when he gets his next shot he will be much more settled here

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Queenslander's are just a bunch of big babies... you don't hear it even half as much from NSW players. I think if Harper can cement a spot in FG when he gets his next shot he will be much more settled here
The Broncos and their sombrero don't operate in NSW though. It tends to be the Broncos that they get homesick for.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Broncos and their sombrero don't operate in NSW though. It tends to be the Broncos that they get homesick for.
yeah fair point, I can't imagine anybody getting homesick to return to the Titans

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Harpers the man !! He’s going to kill it this year .. !!

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
IMO he offers little as a first grader.Debut was terrible in defence,only hidden by the fact that we won the game.Attlack only ordinary in CC and only made debut due to attrition of our centres being injured.Hope he proves me wrong but not from what I have seen.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
IMO he offers little as a first grader.Debut was terrible in defence,only hidden by the fact that we won the game.Attlack only ordinary in CC and only made debut due to attrition of our centres being injured.Hope he proves me wrong but not from what I have seen.
Are talking 9's or the Broncos game? Because 9's is irrelevant and he had a good solid game against the Broncos, better than Staggs on that day.

Go Dogs

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are talking 9's or the Broncos game? Because 9's is irrelevant and he had a good solid game against the Broncos, better than Staggs on that day.

Go Dogs
1st grade debut...6 missed tackles is not what any coach would be happy with,but hey as long as you are then all is good

run1500

Waterboy
Reaction score
1st grade debut...6 missed tackles is not what any coach would be happy with,but hey as long as you are then all is good
Most thought he had a great debut. How about that trial though - reckon he played awesome on both attack and defence. Surely he be will starting in FG this.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Most thought he had a great debut. How about that trial though - reckon he played awesome on both attack and defence. Surely he be will starting in FG this.
Kid has talent but also a lot to learn.Trial was against a very weak opposition who made him look bad defensively when he left Okunbor stranded for an easy try.Centre is arguably the hardest position to defend in and yes he needs work to get better.Our options are limited so he may well get time there.

run1500

Waterboy
Reaction score
Kid has talent but also a lot to learn.Trial was against a very weak opposition who made him look bad defensively when he left Okunbor stranded for an easy try.Centre is arguably the hardest position to defend in and yes he needs work to get better.Our options are limited so he may well get time there.
Agree he had a part in them getting the try. He also got penalties, stripped the ball and tackled well. They all have a lot to learn. I'm excited to see what the team brings this year. A good bunch of talent I reckon :grinning:

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rewatched the PNG trial the other day and was more impressed with Harper the closer I watched. He made one bad defensive read early but made Up for it with a try, forced error and tough runs. He deserves another start this weekend against the raiders.