PS5 vs XBOX

Which new game system would you prefer

• Total voters

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Medium is out on Xbox Game Pass tomorrow. Getting really good reviews. Full on psychological horror.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Medium is out on Xbox Game Pass tomorrow. Getting really good reviews. Full on psychological horror.
It looks interesting. Unfortunately, Playstation guy here so can't play it but I watched someone streaming it for a bit last night while I was working.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I've finished Control 3 times. Just such a good game.
Downloading now, hopefully it actually downloads off the app. I'm going to try playing with fidelity mode first but I'm guessing it might be too hard to play @ 30 fps.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Downloading now, hopefully it actually downloads off the app. I'm going to try playing with fidelity mode first but I'm guessing it might be too hard to play @ 30 fps.
Yep. Would be tricky. Combat can get pretty fast paced and hectic with things flying everywhere. Could be annoying at 30fps. But it looks so good.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe I tried control in graphic mode and it looks amazing for a console....30 fps is just nowhere near smooth enough to actually play with. Performance mode plays much better but there's a pretty major difference visually.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe I tried control in graphic mode and it looks amazing for a console....30 fps is just nowhere near smooth enough to actually play with. Performance mode plays much better but there's a pretty major difference visually.
Yep. The main thing is Reflections though. I played through it first time without reflections and didn't have an issue. Still looks and plays amazing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yep. The main thing is Reflections though. I played through it first time without reflections and didn't have an issue. Still looks and plays amazing.
Reflections are defenitely noticeable and then textures. Idk wtf is going on in the game though, feels like I've jumped into a sequel lol. Also need to spend some time playing around with the PS5 HDR settings, they seem off? Idk. Maybe the blacks are just harder to deal with when playing instead of watching something.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks like G4tv is coming back this year after shutting down in 2014 and bringing back it's hit shows X-Play and Attack of the Show. If anyone remembers X-Play it was all about video games and Attack of the Show was all about tech, gadgets and pop culture and had Olivia Munn and Sara Underwood as hosts. Rumour is majority of cast will be coming back, which would be great as the cast was a reason the shows were good.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mass Effect Legendary Edition is looking good. Think I'll have to play through all of them again.

One of my favourite gaming series that I got totally lost in. The beautiful visuals of space accompanied with the epic soundtrack. Now in 4K ultra HD. I think i too will need to take the Normandy for another spin around the galaxy.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One of my favourite gaming series that I got totally lost in. The beautiful visuals of space accompanied with the epic soundtrack. Now in 4K ultra HD. I think i too will need to take the Normandy for another spin around the galaxy.
Would have gone down as my favourite game until rdr2 if not for the fact that they released the third installment with shoddy discs (I had to exchange the discs 4 times to get through game three). And it was a bit disappointing that after selling it as every decision was important to how the game would end yet the end was all but generic no matter how you played.

In saying all that, I'll be tempted to play the updated version.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
HAS ANYONE ELSE PLAYED DESTRUCTION ALLSTARS?!!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The dualsense is a massive piece of shit, right trigger is already completely worn out.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The dualsense is a massive piece of shit, right trigger is already completely worn out.
Sony already facing a class action suit due to defective controllers causing drift. Was a nice gimmick with the touch pad. But I thought there were going to be controller issues when I saw a preview and the guy playing the trial version was told not to shake the controller. That preview would be somewhere back in this thread. Might indicate that Sony already knew their controllers were shit.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Sony already facing a class action suit due to defective controllers causing drift. Was a nice gimmick with the touch pad. But I thought there were going to be controller issues when I saw a preview and the guy playing the trial version was told not to shake the controller. That preview would be somewhere back in this thread. Might indicate that Sony already knew their controllers were shit.
Sony are already offering replacements but they're making customers pay for postage...I might see if JB HIFI will replace it for me.

I haven't had any stick drift issues yet, had that on the DS4 though but I may have thrown a few of those around. I'm sure Sony knew about this yet still rushed them out, no way this wouldn't have been picked up in testing.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nintendo had these same issues for years and they just replace the controllers until warranty runs out then tell people to bugger off.

Guessing Sony is going to try the same thing.