Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ps5 digital, ps5 standard, xbox series s, xbox series s:

Which would you prefer and why?

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm leaning towards the ps5 digital, don't use the disc drive 8n my current xbone.

Ps5 seems to look like a more immersive experience due to additional technology.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't upgraded since PS3...... I'm itching to play the remastered Tony hawk game but not willing to buy the PS4 when the 5 is around the corner

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm getting both on release. Well, kind of. PS5 Disc on release, Xbox SeX around December due to EB Games Website crashing then somehow selling out while the website was down.

I'm not sure I really need the Xbox SeX but I figure I have a PS4 Pro, Xbone X, a PS4 and an Xbone S and I'm not using the latter two so I'll probably trade at least 3 of those in and pay nothing for the Xbox SeX.

I went with the disc version of the PS5 because I still have many PS4 games I want to play, and disc based games are a lot cheaper on release than digital.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Side note, my PS4 Pro disc drive as been messed up for a while. I had to insert a disc then smack the top of the console a few times to get it to read. Decided I would fix it for trade in. After taking it apart about 6 or 7 times I finally figured out the laser was screwed. Bought a replacement laser for $30, replaced and it's working perfectly now. Then I found out that EB Games don't even test the console drive during trade. They just check to see if it boots. Then any repairs they have to do, they do before they resell it and you don't lose any trade in value.

Oh well, at least I can now play Ghost of Tsushima without having to mess around with the disc drive every time.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I haven't upgraded since PS3...... I'm itching to play the remastered Tony hawk game but not willing to buy the PS4 when the 5 is around the corner
It's really good. I bought it and I managed to play about 1 hour before the Mrs took over then she played it for about 1 week before I got a go again.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Also as always my preference goes:

Xbox
- much, much better controller. The DS4 is rubbish in comparison. Maybe the new PS5 controller will be better
- Xbox Game Pass is amazing. Playstation's stuff doesn't come close to it
- Most of the guys I play with play on Xbone. Although I haven't played online for a while

Playstation
- Much, much better games

Playstation wins.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Preordered digital PS5 at JBHifi, EBGames and Big W.

Big W has confirmed my unit and will be dispatched 12th November.

If my other preorders comes through. I’ll be more than happy to pass it on to anyone here.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also as always my preference goes:

Xbox
- much, much better controller. The DS4 is rubbish in comparison. Maybe the new PS5 controller will be better
- Xbox Game Pass is amazing. Playstation's stuff doesn't come close to it
- Most of the guys I play with play on Xbone. Although I haven't played online for a while

Playstation
- Much, much better games

Playstation wins.
Xbox game pass is amazing! Plus you get the xcloud aswell.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why do next gen games cost a million dollars each?!!

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ps5 digital pre ordered mine. xbox series x and ps5 are to expensive $750.00 for a console is expensive.
I bought the remote control as well save the controller battery.

xbox is looking enticing with there game pass

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Preordered digital PS5 at JBHifi, EBGames and Big W.

Big W has confirmed my unit and will be dispatched 12th November.

If my other preorders comes through. I’ll be more than happy to pass it on to anyone here.
Yeah BigW ftw everywhere else was out except target but they had to cancel alot of xbox orders.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I typically wait for the price to drop and let the inevitable teething problems get sorted out. But I'll eventually upgrade to the latest Xbox.

Reactions: Izy

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why do next gen games cost a million dollars each?!!
'cause they know people will still buy it.

I listen to a lot of the US gaming podcasts where they have been talking about a $10 price increase coming for the new generations. Have known about it for over a year. No one mentioned that a US$10 price increase would translate to an AU$30 - AU$45 increase.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ps5 digital, Sony will always win out.!!!

Pheonixss

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’ll be buying PS5 with disc, some games i buy online and others i get the disc.

brand new release games on ps store are always $100, jb hifi often have new release games for $69 so ill make the money back pretty quick