PS5 vs XBOX

Which new game system would you prefer

• Total voters

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is actual in-game footage. Not a cut scene. They used satellite telemetry and capture techniques to fully recreate parts of Mexico and it looks insane. The detailed analysis talks about how they recreated every detail down to the individual spikes on the cactus

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is actual in-game footage. Not a cut scene. They used satellite telemetry and capture techniques to fully recreate parts of Mexico and it looks insane. The detailed analysis talks about how they recreated every detail down to the individual spikes on the cactus

Wow, that looks awesome.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Arctis 7p is ultra cheap on Amazon right now

I have the 7x and it's great for wireless chat and gaming, but I also have decent wired headphones that I hook up to a headphone DAC and connect to the PS5 via microusb cable and it sounds 100 times better. But that whole setup is over twice the price of this, has no mic and isn't wireless so you get what you pay for.

For a wireless setup, these cans are really good.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You can now add more storage to your internal PS5 by purchasing and adding it into your PS5.

YOu just need to buy a compatible SSD with heatsink. Pretty good to now be able to add more storage to run PS5 games, because the current is shit. Warzone take probbaly 90% of my space.

Side note: I'll be building a full gaming PC sometime this year.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I got bored so I played through Max Payne 3. Can't remember why I never finished this game but start to finish the game is amazing. It's stunning that it came out 9 years ago and it looks and plays as good as a current game. Just reminded me how good Rockstar are at making games.

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
XBOX Gamepass is a game changer and getting better and better with their day one releases and exclusives with all the studios Microsoft is buying up.

Flight Simulator 2000 is just a stunning achievement, my house looks remarkably like my house right down to the backyard shed. Landed a Cessna in Tuesday’s Storm at Bankstown after being refused permission with no assists and only spotted the runway after I was over the thresh-hold, pulled her up inches from the end of the runway, very proud of that.

Mind you, that’s after a few weeks of crash and burns in some of the great airports and locations of the world.

Fly Ripley Airlines - Depart on time, *arrive on time. Guaranteed.

*Manner of arrival may vary.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
XBOX Gamepass is a game changer and getting better and better with their day one releases and exclusives with all the studios Microsoft is buying up.

Flight Simulator 2000 is just a stunning achievement, my house looks remarkably like my house right down to the backyard shed. Landed a Cessna in Tuesday’s Storm at Bankstown after being refused permission with no assists and only spotted the runway after I was over the thresh-hold, pulled her up inches from the end of the runway, very proud of that.

Mind you, that’s after a few weeks of crash and burns in some of the great airports and locations of the world.

Fly Ripley Airlines - Depart on time, *arrive on time. Guaranteed.

*Manner of arrival may vary.
This my flight set up, been doing some flights around Japan with 747
20210826_075557_copy_2016x1512.jpg

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
BTW Maneater is hella fun. Another free game with Gamepass, wouldn’t have tried it otherwise.

Pro Psychopath Tip - Don’t just chomp down on people, clamp them in your jaws and swim around with them until they drown, much funnier. Especially if you manage to clamp on their head.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
BTW Maneater is hella fun. Another free game with Gamepass, wouldn’t have tried it otherwise.

Pro Psychopath Tip - Don’t just chomp down on people, clamp them in your jaws and swim around with them until they drown, much funnier. Especially if you manage to clamp on their head.
Lol yep I'm up to killing Pete I'm a big shark now

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Holy fucking WHAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!!

My “setup” is the XBOX controller, then I went sophisticated and hooked up a keyboard to go with it.
I've also got a tablet to set up simbrief to log proper flight plans in the fms still figuring it out though

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thought so, didn’t think there’d be enough ports on an XBOX.

I need to learn all the auto-pilot and instrument take off and land stuff. That Cessna flight Banky control just hit me with only… whatever it is… landings only a few miles out so the approach pattern didn’t come up so I had to land blind. The pattern approach thing was the only assist I used only because it’s hard to spot runway directions if you don’t know them. Anyway, after managing that landing I even turned that off.

But I’m gonna have to learn all the instrument and auto pilot inputs without it.

And that’s what YouTube is for.

Funny… sort of… aviation story.

A friend of mine, who’s like the bloke out of Unbreakable, survived a train derailment, plane crash, being run over by a car and washed away in a flood.

Anyway the plane crash.. or semi controlled landing.. was not far from where I live, in fact minutes away, where the motorway now runs next to Junction Rnd at Winston Hills, back in the early 90’s before the motorway was built and it was just bush.

The reason of the crash? Three of them were on the drink at The Aero club at Bankstown when one (who had his pilot license and access to a Cessna) suggested they go for a joy-flight.

So up they go, pissed, when the engine starts chugging and the pilots says,”oh forgot about the fuel”. Run out of fucking fuel!

As my mate said there were red roofs and this strip of green so they aimed for it and somehow came to a stop.

And my mate, who was not the pilot, had enough of the two other pricks and walked up to The Winston and had a few schooners and caught a taxi home.

Still laughs about it, still has a drink at The Winston on each anniversary.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thought so, didn’t think there’d be enough ports on an XBOX.

I need to learn all the auto-pilot and instrument take off and land stuff. That Cessna flight Banky control just hit me with only… whatever it is… landings only a few miles out so the approach pattern didn’t come up so I had to land blind. The pattern approach thing was the only assist I used only because it’s hard to spot runway directions if you don’t know them. Anyway, after managing that landing I even turned that off.

But I’m gonna have to learn all the instrument and auto pilot inputs without it.

And that’s what YouTube is for.

Funny… sort of… aviation story.

A friend of mine, who’s like the bloke out of Unbreakable, survived a train derailment, plane crash, being run over by a car and washed away in a flood.

Anyway the plane crash.. or semi controlled landing.. was not far from where I live, in fact minutes away, where the motorway now runs next to Junction Rnd at Winston Hills, back in the early 90’s before the motorway was built and it was just bush.

The reason of the crash? Three of them were on the drink at The Aero club at Bankstown when one (who had his pilot license and access to a Cessna) suggested they go for a joy-flight.

So up they go, pissed, when the engine starts chugging and the pilots says,”oh forgot about the fuel”. Run out of fucking fuel!

As my mate said there were red roofs and this strip of green so they aimed for it and somehow came to a stop.

And my mate, who was not the pilot, had enough of the two other pricks and walked up to The Winston and had a few schooners and caught a taxi home.

Still laughs about it, still has a drink at The Winston on each anniversary.
Plenty of tutorials youtube as you said, 747 is pretty easy I look up one instrument at a time till a certain thing clicks on ,another thing go to bankstown airport pay $300 for a trail flight you will do take of basic controls ect get a good feel for it, then when you on the sim it clicks on

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Plenty of tutorials youtube as you said, 747 is pretty easy I look up one instrument at a time till a certain thing clicks on ,another thing go to bankstown airport pay $300 for a trail flight you will do take of basic controls ect get a good feel for it, then when you on the sim it clicks on
Not sure I want to fly a real plane to tell the truth.

I like my fuckups to just mean hitting re-start.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure I want to fly a real plane to tell the truth.

I like my fuckups to just mean hitting re-start.
I'm a petrified flyer I done it to overcome my fears by the time you take of you become extremely focused and listen to instructors lol,then tell them to take over ,I flew over my house and waved to the kids at 1500 feet seen em on my deck flew past my work it was cool as fuck,and you get some cool pictures

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I got bored so I played through Max Payne 3. Can't remember why I never finished this game but start to finish the game is amazing. It's stunning that it came out 9 years ago and it looks and plays as good as a current game. Just reminded me how good Rockstar are at making games.

I've finished it a few times.

PS love when he shaves his head and has a beard.