• Total voters

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If you're after a TV then the Sony X90H is amazing and often goes on special for a decent price. Unfortunately not much available in regard to monitors right now.
They don't make a screen small enough, I can't play on anything bigger than 43" without feeling sick lol.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ps5 arrived this afternoon. So far:

- it couldn't see my wireless network so I had to enter it manually

- it wouldn't let me log in to the playstation network for about 2 hours

- it took 1 hour to download a small update

Then after that everything started working fine until I played Astro's Playroom and after about 15 minutes the console hard crashed. Had to reboot then repair the file system

Not a great start.

Also, I don't get the hype with the Dualsense controller. Sure the vibrations feel different and more localised. But they just feel like average vibrations. I don't really get the effect people are talking about. Could be 'cause my hands are too big.

Also don't like how the controller sits in hand. It's slippery and still too small. And the thumb sticks are really slippery.

It's a shame as the new Xbox controllers are perfect. PS5 Controller just doesn't work for me.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Played a bit more of Astro's Playroom last night. The controller is growing on me a bit but it still feels like a weak gimmick. Astro's Playroom is alright though. It's a bit of fun.

On a stronger note, I had a "quick" go on Miles Morales before heading to work this morning. My god that game is good. I mean, Spider-man was an amazing game as it was but Miles Morales is next level awesome. Hanging out to finish work so I can get home and play more of it. And I need to start playing Demon's Souls tonight as well.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Played a bit more of Astro's Playroom last night. The controller is growing on me a bit but it still feels like a weak gimmick. Astro's Playroom is alright though. It's a bit of fun.

On a stronger note, I had a "quick" go on Miles Morales before heading to work this morning. My god that game is good. I mean, Spider-man was an amazing game as it was but Miles Morales is next level awesome. Hanging out to finish work so I can get home and play more of it. And I need to start playing Demon's Souls tonight as well.
I have to download my games sony really needs to hurry up and work out how you will upgrade hdd 600gb is hust not enough.

Now just need to work out what game to buy first someone said Valhalla was repetitive, demon soul or godfall.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have to download my games sony really needs to hurry up and work out how you will upgrade hdd 600gb is hust not enough.

Now just need to work out what game to buy first someone said Valhalla was repetitive, demon soul or godfall.
Avoid Godfall. Everything I've seen says it's fun but very repetitive and gets old quick.

Demon's Souls is a great pick if you're into the Souls games. Very good reviews.

I'm enjoying Assassin's Creed Valhalla so far but I'm an AC fan so take my advice on it with a grain of salt.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Avoid Godfall. Everything I've seen says it's fun but very repetitive and gets old quick.

Demon's Souls is a great pick if you're into the Souls games. Very good reviews.

I'm enjoying Assassin's Creed Valhalla so far but I'm an AC fan so take my advice on it with a grain of salt.
I was watching twitch Valhalla looks pretty good demon souls have no idea what it is about so will have to have a look. Im more interested in horizon and cyberpunk.

I'm also liking the free ps4 games Detroit fallout 4 days gone few others.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I was watching twitch Valhalla looks pretty good demon souls have no idea what it is about so will have to have a look. Im more interested in horizon and cyberpunk.

I'm also liking the free ps4 games Detroit fallout 4 days gone few others.
Demon's Souls was the game that started the whole Soulsborne game trend. This is the remake of it. They're not games for everyone. Very difficult games. That said, I played through the original dark souls and it was really difficult. So far this version has been a lot easier.

The collection is awesome too. If you haven't played God of War, you should download that from the collection and play it. One of the best games ever released.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Can I use the dualshock 4 on the PS5?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah you can but only ps4 games.
That should be okay then, i really can't play any FPS without paddles on the back of my controller and it looks like Sony couldn't be fucked making one with any again.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That should be okay then, i really can't play any FPS without paddles on the back of my controller and it looks like Sony couldn't be fucked making one with any again.
Yeah I'm using my ps4 pro for fps games on a smaller screen The ps5 on larger screen I can relax and enjoy.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Anyone have the XsX yet?

Still leaning to upgrade my XboneS to that rather than PS5.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone have the XsX yet?

Still leaning to upgrade my XboneS to that rather than PS5.
I have both. I have had more issues with the PS5 (a few crashes) and the PS5 is ugly. Plus the Xbox controller is still the better controller, and it's hard to go passed Xbox game pass.

But if you're looking at upgrading in the next 6 months then I'd recommend the PS5 over the XSX. With the Playstation Plus Subscription (which is currently on special at JB Hifi online and Amazon for $60 for 12 Months) you get some of the greatest games ever made in the PS4 collection, plus the new PS5 controller is a decent step up from the old PS4 controller, and the PS5 already has new games while everything on the XSX can be run on the Xbox One X at a lower frame rate.

Honestly, if you want to upgrade then get a PS5. If you don't want a PS5 then wait until the XSX comes down in price as there's not much on the XSX that's worth upgrading for.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I have both. I have had more issues with the PS5 (a few crashes) and the PS5 is ugly. Plus the Xbox controller is still the better controller, and it's hard to go passed Xbox game pass.

But if you're looking at upgrading in the next 6 months then I'd recommend the PS5 over the XSX. With the Playstation Plus Subscription (which is currently on special at JB Hifi online and Amazon for $60 for 12 Months) you get some of the greatest games ever made in the PS4 collection, plus the new PS5 controller is a decent step up from the old PS4 controller, and the PS5 already has new games while everything on the XSX can be run on the Xbox One X at a lower frame rate.

Honestly, if you want to upgrade then get a PS5. If you don't want a PS5 then wait until the XSX comes down in price as there's not much on the XSX that's worth upgrading for.
Saved me $20..just looked and realised my PS+ was on auto renew and due in 2 days.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where is the voting option for all of us mobile phone gamers? I suck at playing games whenever I have to use a controller so I stick to playing Mortal Kombat mobile on my phone lol.

But I like this Xbox vs PS thread. It's almost as heated as the PC/Android vs Apple discussion