Votes: 18 69.2%
  • XBox

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok Kenner’s the question that has plagued human kind for three decades.. Which console do you prefer?

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've been a Sony man since the PS1 days. PS1 and PS2 were two of the greatest home consoles made in history in my opinion. The games libraries were jam packed with AAA titles and different genres and they had lounge room lives of 10 years.

Then the PS3 came out and it was a total mess. It was expensive, there were way too many variants (Different HDD sizes, PS2 Library support etc.), focus was on everything else except the games and Sony just played catchup that entire generation. By the time it was able to identify what it did well it was too late.

I've got a PS4 but I just don't care for the home consoles anymore. I've definitely lost touch haha.

XBOX for me was a far superior console to the PS2. It's online capability was way better and multi-platform games always played and looked way better on the XBOX.

XBOX 360 started off well and I owned one and had a fair few games on it. I just didn't seem to resonate with the XBOX library as Forza seemed to be the only thing that caught my interest.

XBOX One had the same issue as the PS3. Was more expensive than the competition and focused away from the games and Sony took advantage of that. I'm sure it's a good console and there's some cheap variants of it out now, but it's all too late. Their attention is on the next generation and it looks like their already losing that battle.

I've always been a portable gamer, so neither Microsoft or Sony can help me in that department anymore. PSP was an amazing console for its time but Sony aren't competing with Nintendo anymore. So the Nintendo Switch is now left to win both battles at the moment with little competition.

So to completely not answer your question, Nintendo is the winner. Hahaha

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
SEGA MEGA Drive!! You could toss the cartridges around and it will still work...

but to Answer your question... PS4.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
My stance is simple:

Xbox One pros:

- Best gaming controller ever. Dualshock is crap

- Xbox Game Pass. Seriously the best thing to happen to gaming in the last 10 years

- most of the Kennel crew play on Xbox (Assassin, K E, Southy, Tuffers, Ted, etc)

- If you buy a first party game via the store it comes with a free PC copy and progress can usually be transferred across

PS4 Pros:

- Exclusive games. Seriously. No contest. The Uncharted series, God of War, Last of Us, Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider-man, Bloodborne. The top 4 games on of this console generation are all PS4 exclusives

So much more pros for Xbone, but it's a gaming console. If you don't have the best games then you can't possibly win. Halo is crap, Gears of War is good but not even in my top 50 games of all time. Xbone exclusive games are just not up to scratch. So Sony clearly wins this competition. It just sucks that they have such a crappy controller. It's like it's designed for people with tiny hands. Get a real controller already.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
SEGA MEGA Drive!! You could toss the cartridges around and it will still work...

but to Answer your question... PS4.
Oooh, that reminds me

@Wahesh

This was announced this morning

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I've been a Sony man since the PS1 days. PS1 and PS2 were two of the greatest home consoles made in history in my opinion. The games libraries were jam packed with AAA titles and different genres and they had lounge room lives of 10 years.

Then the PS3 came out and it was a total mess. It was expensive, there were way too many variants (Different HDD sizes, PS2 Library support etc.), focus was on everything else except the games and Sony just played catchup that entire generation. By the time it was able to identify what it did well it was too late.

I've got a PS4 but I just don't care for the home consoles anymore. I've definitely lost touch haha.

XBOX for me was a far superior console to the PS2. It's online capability was way better and multi-platform games always played and looked way better on the XBOX.

XBOX 360 started off well and I owned one and had a fair few games on it. I just didn't seem to resonate with the XBOX library as Forza seemed to be the only thing that caught my interest.

XBOX One had the same issue as the PS3. Was more expensive than the competition and focused away from the games and Sony took advantage of that. I'm sure it's a good console and there's some cheap variants of it out now, but it's all too late. Their attention is on the next generation and it looks like their already losing that battle.

I've always been a portable gamer, so neither Microsoft or Sony can help me in that department anymore. PSP was an amazing console for its time but Sony aren't competing with Nintendo anymore. So the Nintendo Switch is now left to win both battles at the moment with little competition.

Lol..I was working at the newspaper delivering mail around the office..and the Ps1 came in to be reviewed. They set it up on Tv.. From memory the game was Wipeout, and the speed rate that the screen updated blew me away!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My stance is simple:

Xbox One pros:

- Best gaming controller ever. Dualshock is crap

- Xbox Game Pass. Seriously the best thing to happen to gaming in the last 10 years

- most of the Kennel crew play on Xbox (Assassin, K E, Southy, Tuffers, Ted, etc)

- If you buy a first party game via the store it comes with a free PC copy and progress can usually be transferred across

PS4 Pros:

- Exclusive games. Seriously. No contest. The Uncharted series, God of War, Last of Us, Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider-man, Bloodborne. The top 4 games on of this console generation are all PS4 exclusives

So much more pros for Xbone, but it's a gaming console. If you don't have the best games then you can't possibly win. Halo is crap, Gears of War is good but not even in my top 50 games of all time. Xbone exclusive games are just not up to scratch. So Sony clearly wins this competition. It just sucks that they have such a crappy controller. It's like it's designed for people with tiny hands. Get a real controller already.
I loved Uncharted and Last of Us...

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Oooh, that reminds me

@Wahesh

This was announced this morning

Well... that's something you don't see everyday :D It will be interesting to see what the new game modes are. I'd really really like a copy of that. It won't be good if it's a touch-screen game though as that suck, it needs to be computer with a controller (even keyboard). I hope the music is somewhat similar to the classic.

Looks awesome.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
PS4 kicks XBone's arse mercilessly......purely due to exclusives and game quality.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

I am a Sony guy, I had both PS1 and PS2 and loved them. I skipped the PS3 as majority of my friends ended up going with the Xbox360 so I swapped over to be able to game with them. I thought the 360 was ok, except for it's plagued RROD error. Like you, Forza was about the only exclusive that i liked, though I didn't mind the original Gears of War for it's online mode. Then PS4 I went back to Sony, and I will be sticking with them for the PS5.

But, before all that i would say the Mega Drive was a classic console that i still hold dear to my heart. It was a big part of my days as a youth. So many great games too at it's time.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw article today the PS5 is going to be almost $1200. My son asked me to get one told him he better start saving.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pc smokes them both but I also have ps4, pro ps4,ps2, Xbox 1s,Xbox 360, Sega master system ,that faggot Nintendo one

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
I am a Sony guy, I had both PS1 and PS2 and loved them. I skipped the PS3 as majority of my friends ended up going with the Xbox360 so I swapped over to be able to game with them. I thought the 360 was ok, except for it's plagued RROD error. Like you, Forza was about the only exclusive that i liked, though I didn't mind the original Gears of War for it's online mode. Then PS4 I went back to Sony, and I will be sticking with them for the PS5.

But, before all that i would say the Mega Drive was a classic console that i still hold dear to my heart. It was a big part of my days as a youth. So many great games too at it's time.
What were your favourite games on the Mega Drive? I've still got about 40+ cartridges for my Mega Drive. Always loved the Madden ones, Shinobi, Terminator 2, Urban Strike. Good times!

Pheonixss

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What were your favourite games on the Mega Drive? I've still got about 40+ cartridges for my Mega Drive. Always loved the Madden ones, Shinobi, Terminator 2, Urban Strike. Good times!
shinobi was a great game. Any one remember road rash? Used too race motorbikes and hit the other rides with weapons, loved that game

i love playstation these days, but mwga drove was the beat console i ever had