PROUD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sometimes when we are too critical we lose objectivity.

We played a team that has the best half in the Comp , best new fullback and a decent winger yet they were left try - less in the second half

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I disagree.... we were only kept in the game today due to errors by Dragons. They cut out those errors and we go into halftime probably 20-0 down.

Play like we did today against a team like Storm/Roosters/Dragons/etc when those teams are on, and we are getting blown away.

We will never beat the refs. The only chance we have of winning games is putting them beyond doubt rather than "just doing enough to get in front".

No chance.

Bulldogs - 15th place with 8 points and 1 bye.

Parra - 16th place with 6 points. Still have the bye to come. Lower than us currently, but playing FAR better. Will equal on points with BYE, and definitely win a few more this season with Hayne back.
Cowboys - 14th place with 8 and bye to come. Morgan playing and 4 other key injuries (Chudleigh, Bolton, McLean, Asiata). So will have 10 points, and I'm sure will come good soon.
Manly - 13th place with 8 points and bye to come. Smashed with injuries at the moment (6). So will have at least 10 points, and will come good soon.
Titans - 12th place with 10 points and 1 bye. Like us, don't really have an excuse for poor performances. HOWEVER they are 2 points ahead of us and will probably win more games coming towards end of the season.
Maybe one more (Knights) - 11th place with 12 points and bye to come. 14 points with the bye. Plus they have a shitload of key injuries (8). With 3 wwins up on us, we have no chance of catching them.

Honestly I can see us (if we are lucky) winning 1-2 more games this season. Those being Parra and Manly. Parra are playing good footy now though, and Manly will have players back from injury when we play them.
Rubbish. Footy is not about "if they played good". Fact is they did not. On paper, they should have smashed us. They are in #1 and they only beat us with penalty goals. That was the difference. 3 tries each, we kicked 1 more conversion. There was nothing in it. We did well to only lose by 2.

Yes, we play bad, no doubt. 1 or 2 less errors and we may have won. Drop if we had someone other than Montoya as 5, that alone would have won us the game I think.

We have not been blown off the park at all this year, not even once. Even the top teams have had that happen to them, and we have had arguably the hardest draw of the season up to now.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rubbish. Footy is not about "if they played good". Fact is they did not. On paper, they should have smashed us. They are in #1 and they only beat us with penalty goals. That was the difference. 3 tries each, we kicked 1 more conversion. There was nothing in it. We did well to only lose by 2.

Yes, we play bad, no doubt. 1 or 2 less errors and we may have won. Drop if we had someone other than Montoya as 5, that alone would have won us the game I think.

We have not been blown off the park at all this year, not even once. Even the top teams have had that happen to them, and we have had arguably the hardest draw of the season up to now.
That's what ive been saying, we are not absolute crap....We are missing 1 or 2 class players (halves) plus we've been a bit unlucky not to have decisions go our away.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Round 2 Manly thumped Parra 54-0.
Round 3 Dragons thumped Titans 54-8.
Round 6 Manly belted Knights 40-14, and Dragons smashed Sharks 40-20.
Round 7 Souths hammered Raiders 42-22, and Parra belted Manly 44-10.
Round 8 Storm drilled Warriors 50-10

The difference between the above teams and us though? With the exception of Parra (who with the bye coming will be on the same points), is that all those sides are above us.

In adddition to this, even Parra who are below us can score over 30, and over 40 even. We can't manage to score over 27.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I disagree.... we were only kept in the game today due to errors by Dragons. They cut out those errors and we go into halftime probably 20-0 down.

Play like we did today against a team like Storm/Roosters/Dragons/etc when those teams are on, and we are getting blown away.

We will never beat the refs. The only chance we have of winning games is putting them beyond doubt rather than "just doing enough to get in front".

No chance.

Bulldogs - 15th place with 8 points and 1 bye.

Parra - 16th place with 6 points. Still have the bye to come. Lower than us currently, but playing FAR better. Will equal on points with BYE, and definitely win a few more this season with Hayne back.
Cowboys - 14th place with 8 and bye to come. Morgan playing and 4 other key injuries (Chudleigh, Bolton, McLean, Asiata). So will have 10 points, and I'm sure will come good soon.
Manly - 13th place with 8 points and bye to come. Smashed with injuries at the moment (6). So will have at least 10 points, and will come good soon.
Titans - 12th place with 10 points and 1 bye. Like us, don't really have an excuse for poor performances. HOWEVER they are 2 points ahead of us and will probably win more games coming towards end of the season.
Maybe one more (Knights) - 11th place with 12 points and bye to come. 14 points with the bye. Plus they have a shitload of key injuries (8). With 3 wwins up on us, we have no chance of catching them.

Honestly I can see us (if we are lucky) winning 1-2 more games this season. Those being Parra and Manly. Parra are playing good footy now though, and Manly will have players back from injury when we play them.
Absolutely love your positivity.

Seriously, if you want to give it to your own team even after pushing the league leaders til the end knowing we have improvements left in us then you should get your facts right first.
We've played all three, lost to storm by 18, roosters by 6 and dragons by 2. Is that called blown away? Not bad for a team struggling on and off the field I say.
I'd love to see the results if we can put in 80 mins. I can tell you these results would've been reversed.

FFS, people need to be patient with what is going on and not bagging the shit out of the club and team especially after the last round effort and close loss knowing we can improve.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Round 2 Manly thumped Parra 54-0.
Round 3 Dragons thumped Titans 54-8.
Round 6 Manly belted Knights 40-14, and Dragons smashed Sharks 40-20.
Round 7 Souths hammered Raiders 42-22, and Parra belted Manly 44-10.
Round 8 Storm drilled Warriors 50-10

The difference between the above teams and us though? With the exception of Parra (who with the bye coming will be on the same points), is that all those sides are above us.

In adddition to this, even Parra who are below us can score over 30, and over 40 even. We can't manage to score over 27.
Of course not, because we have no spine thanks to that idiot Hasler, Dib and the previous board whom you seem to miss so much.

Defence counts for something too. Why only tell half of the story?

The reality is, we’ve been well and truly fucked over by poor recruitment decisions, but we are still competing in each game.

Silly to question the effort of the squad or to blame anyone but the idiots in the previous administration imo.... the same idiots who let passionate and effective players go in favour of over the hill duds and knocked back many opportunities to chase good players who could have done something for us so we could retain players we didn’t really need to keep on massive overs.

We’re in a shit state, but I think the fact the previous board and coach have been turfed is a real silver lining.

Time will tell whether Pay is the right guy for the job, but one way or the other, we really needed change.

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Absolutely love your positivity.

Seriously, if you want to give it to your own team even after pushing the league leaders til the end knowing we have improvements left in us then you should get your facts right first.
We've played all three, lost to storm by 18, roosters by 6 and dragons by 2. Is that called blown away? Not bad for a team struggling on and off the field I say.
I'd love to see the results if we can put in 80 mins. I can tell you these results would've been reversed.

FFS, people need to be patient with what is going on and not bagging the shit out of the club and team especially after the last round effort and close loss knowing we can improve.
You know how to win games? Outscoring the other team.
You know how to win games AND take the ref out of it? Winning by more than 6 points.

The Bulldogs seem to have forgotten that. Instead when we do get in front in games, we put the cue in the rack and clock off (trying to protect a lead - no matter how big), then the fans wonder why we get beaten.

We haven't got completely belted yet, but it's only a matter of time.
We name the same side every week despite glaring failures and under performances.
We are the only side in the NRL that don't go on with a game and ENSURE a win.

My negativity comes from frustration at the team. We SHOULD be going far better, yet we just aren't. We make the same mistakes over and over every week and don't seem to learn from our mistakes.

It's almost like Pay sleeps through the games, leaving Penna to take a few notes, meanwhile Penna's busy drawing Dick and Balls on his notepaper to amuse himself.

If Pay and Penna actually ARE watching games, that's even worse. The problems are obvious, so why aren't they working on fixing them?

Yes the roster isn't great, but the reality is that it is largely the same as last year, and yet we are scoring less points.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know how to win games? Outscoring the other team.
You know how to win games AND take the ref out of it? Winning by more than 6 points.

The Bulldogs seem to have forgotten that. Instead when we do get in front in games, we put the cue in the rack and clock off (trying to protect a lead - no matter how big), then the fans wonder why we get beaten.

We haven't got completely belted yet, but it's only a matter of time.
We name the same side every week despite glaring failures and under performances.
We are the only side in the NRL that don't go on with a game and ENSURE a win.

My negativity comes from frustration at the team. We SHOULD be going far better, yet we just aren't. We make the same mistakes over and over every week and don't seem to learn from our mistakes.

It's almost like Pay sleeps through the games, leaving Penna to take a few notes, meanwhile Penna's busy drawing Dick and Balls on his notepaper to amuse himself.

If Pay and Penna actually ARE watching games, that's even worse. The problems are obvious, so why aren't they working on fixing them?

Yes the roster isn't great, but the reality is that it is largely the same as last year, and yet we are scoring less points.
We are one decent half away from putting teams away. Someone that could put pressure and get repeat sets, setting up our plays and a good kicking game. Foran was never a ball player just a hard running gritty player. That's not good enough for us atm especially with a rookie 5/8 in JMK and a less than talented half in Frawley. So we actually are NOT the same as last year when also we lost Graham and Reynolds. This is not Pay or Penna's fault when simply this halves trio just aren't capable to lead the side in our attack. But again, we are not getting smashed but most games we are competitive.

Fix what? We don't have the personnel. We have to keep playing around with positions based on who we can use in our top 30. When we have to use approx. 6 ISP players to fill the gaps then what do you expect? What I see is that their experience in the NRL will benefit in years to come.

Accept that this year isn't great and once we find stability in our roster judge the coaching staff then but you should tone down your frustrations and angst, it's not good for your health. It's a footy game.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It doesnt matter how much we question or query refs. They have a longgggg history of bias against losing teams and thats just the way it is.

I like JJ's approach which is head down and work hard and we will eventually win - not gonna do us any favours complaining and blaming the refs.
I like his approach as well. But he just is not a leader. I think it has affected his game big time.

Malla

Reaction score
I like his approach as well. But he just is not a leader. I think it has affected his game big time.
His leadership style is just different - and to say it has effected his game is harsh, his numbers are pretty much the same as last season the only difference is we are losing games hence why he wasnt favoured over back rowers from other clubs that are winning games.

He's the same as bob cat tbh. It's just difficult because he's leading with players like Woods, Foran etc who are new comers and have captained their own teams.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wow, we are now proud just to compete with St George.

For fukks sake every Saints supporter were shitting themselves before the game. We had beaten them 11 of the last 12 games. They are our bitch. And in the space of half a season we are now happy to stay with them. What about next year when we will have less cattle? Are we going to be happy with a 12 point loss.

This year looks bad, but next year looks horrendous. But our club stays quiet amid the promises of not shopping our players around and not paying for their salaries at other clubs. Well I call bullshit on that too.

Cannot wait till the Premier League starts again and I can watch my team with real pride.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You're way too harsh. I was there and after the first 10 minutes I thought we might get thrashed but the boys dug in hard. Sick of saying it but the ref fucked us again. This happened right in front of us, score is 16-16, 17 mins to go, Elliott and Frawley drove Dufty back off a kick over 10 metres and he knocks on, fucking ref called a penalty coz we drove him back too far?? What the fuck!!?? Then they go up field, get a shit penalty then take the two to go in front. We could have been 22-16 up if he didn't penalise us, and if we didn't score that set, it still would have been 16 all. They can get fucked but you can't have a go at the boys today. I was talking to jacko after the game and he was absolutely gutted. We will win more than 2 games the rest of the year you watch
That was a fair but harsh penalty. The ref clearly called held and they kept pushing. One of those things which is BS but clearly part of the rules

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was a fair but harsh penalty. The ref clearly called held and they kept pushing. One of those things which is BS but clearly part of the rules
In no way was that a fair penalty. Can't justify it as fair just because he called held lol. They were still in the process of the tackle. He even said they took him back too far. There's no rule as to how far you can force a player back. It's not like the tackle was completed on the ground and there was a second attempt. It was just a good hard fucking tackle, no ifs or buts about it. If that's a fair penalty the games even softer than I thought

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
There is a rule actually in how far they can push back and once ref calls held, it's held no ifs it buts..

I agree it's fucked and it's soft but unfortunately it is a rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.