Opinion Productive Plan for 2022

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We can't continue to be negative. This is my plan to resurrect the club for 2022.

1 Averillo
2 JAC
3 Naden
4 Schoupp
5 Cotric
6 Burton
7 Flanagan
8 Jamayne Taunoa-Browne
9 Clark
10 Thompson ©
11 TPJ
12 RFM
13 Elliott

14 JMK
15 Mikaele
16 Hetherington
17 Doorey

Reserves: Allan, Atoni, Wakeham, Topine, Seumanufagai, Waddell, Okunbor, Stimson

Talking Points
  • Release = Dean Britt, Christian Crichton, Will Hopoate, Sione Katoa, Tui Katoa, Lachlan Lewis, Dylan Napa, Ofahiki Ogden, James Roumanos, Chris Smith.
  • Resign = Jayden Okunbor, Ava Seumanufagai, Atoni.
  • Biggest recruit = Head of Football Wayne Bennett... controversial and don't think it'll happen but it would certainly help us recruit and develop pathways.
  • Must sign TPJ, Darryl Clark (if not Josh Hodgson), Jamayne Taunoa Brown, Tom Mikaele... it is all about making smart recruitment decisions. No Dufty, Taylor, Norman, Milford type buys. TPJ is a risk but simplify his game and have him running off Burton. JTB is on contract for 2022 but with Fonua Blake, Lodge, Murdoch Masila, Kane Evans, game time will be limited. Offer him a starting role with Hetherington coming off the bench.
  • Moving on Josh Jackson. I love the guy but this needs to happen. Deciding between Elliott and Jackson was tough but I feel Elliott can offer more in the middle. It was only a couple years back his name was tossed around for origin. I also feel if we let either one of them go, a club would be more likely to cover the full freight of Jackson's contract vs Elliott. Unfortunately, it is a business and we need to be more competitive than what we have been.
  • Persist with either Flanagan or Wakeham for now… until we can make a confident call on a half coming in (i.e. Shaun Johnson) I think our best move is to wait. Sezer, Taylor, Norman, Milford just don't give me confidence plus there are some good juniors coming through.
  • 5 spots to promote the likes of Paul Alamoti, Khaled Rajab, BBO and sign some other min wage players.

Last edited:

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can't continue to be negative. This is my plan to resurrect the club for 2022.

1 Averillo
2 JAC
3 Naden
4 Schoupp
5 Cotric
6 Burton
7 Flanagan
8 Thompson ©
9 Clark
10 Jamayne Taunoa-Browne
11 TPJ
12 RFM
13 Elliott

14 JMK
15 Mikaele
16 Hetherington
17 Doorey

Reserves: Allan, Wakeham, Topine, Seumanufagai, Waddell, Okunbor, Chris Smith, Stimson

Talking Points
  • Release = Renouf Atoni, Dean Britt, Christian Crichton, Will Hopoate, Sione Katoa, Tui Katoa, Lachlan Lewis, Dylan Napa, Ofahiki Ogden, James Roumanos.
  • Resign = Jayden Okunbor, Ava Seumanufagai, Chris Smith.
  • Biggest recruit = Head of Football Wayne Bennett... controversial and don't think it'll happen but it would certainly help us recruit and develop pathways.
  • Must sign TPJ, Darryl Clark (if not Josh Hodgson), Jamayne Taunoa Brown, Tom Mikaele... it is all about making smart recruitment decisions. No Dufty, Taylor, Norman, Milford type buys. TPJ is a risk but simplify his game and have him running off Burton. JTB is on contract for 2022 but with Fonua Blake, Lodge, Murdoch Masila, Kane Evans, game time will be limited. Offer him a starting role with Hetherington coming off the bench.
  • Moving on Josh Jackson. I love the guy but this needs to happen. Deciding between Elliott and Jackson was tough but I feel Elliott can offer more in the middle. It was only a couple years back his name was tossed around for origin. I also feel if we let either one of them go, a club would be more likely to cover the full freight of Jackson's contract vs Elliott. Unfortunately, it is a business and we need to be more competitive than what we have been.
  • Persist with either Flanagan or Wakeham for now… until we can make a confident call on a half coming in (i.e. Shaun Johnson) I think our best move is to wait. Sezer, Taylor, Norman, Milford just don't give me confidence plus there are some good juniors coming through.
  • 5 spots to promote the likes of Paul Alamoti, Khaled Rajab, BBO and sign some other min wage players.
I appreciate the effort you put into your post but you lost me at Flanagan at 7. If he's playing 7, we're a lock for the spoon...even with Burton. He is the Tolman version for our halves....a pure momentum killer.

I have no idea who the 10 and 15 are and I dont think the club would sign Clark as he seems to be too big of a risk for the coin he is after. Unfortunately, I think JMK is the starting 9 next year and BBO may be the 14

Alamoti has to be one of the centres you'd think

It looks like 23 is now the year we have to wait for to finally see the light

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I appreciate the effort you put into your post but you lost me at Flanagan at 7. If he's playing 7, we're a lock for the spoon...even with Burton. He is the Tolman version for our halves....a pure momentum killer.

I have no idea who the 10 and 15 are and I dont think the club would sign Clark as he seems to be too big of a risk for the coin he is after. Unfortunately, I think JMK is the starting 9 next year and BBO may be the 14

Alamoti has to be one of the centres you'd think

It looks like 23 is now the year we have to wait for to finally see the light
The fact of the matter is we are losing the forwards battle every game. I question your knowledge of the comp if you don't know who Jamayne Taunoa Browne and Tom Mikaele are. They are young, physical and talented middle forwards that have an offload and align with where the game is at in terms of quick ruck speed.

I think my point being with either Flanno or Wakeham at 7 is there is no quality halves on the market right now. There is just no point buying for the sake of buying so if it isn't Flanno next year then who is it?

I'd rather take a stab at Clark as he clearly is capable but if it results in JMK at 9 and BBO at 14 that's not a shocking result.

Alamoti looks great but is still young. Not opposed to giving him a crack maybe mid next year. Let's hope we are in a position that we have some players in origin and then are able to blood some guys during that period HAHA

All of this is a work in progress for 2023 which with the right decisions can be our top 4 year. Cody Walker debuted in 2016, Damien Cook went to Bunnies in 2016. They came 12th in 2016 and 2017 in a team that had Inglis, Burgess and Adam Reynolds. 2018 they came third. We need to make smart buys and be patient.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fact of the matter is we are losing the forwards battle every game. I question your knowledge of the comp if you don't know who Jamayne Taunoa Browne and Tom Mikaele are. They are young, physical and talented middle forwards that have an offload and align with where the game is at in terms of quick ruck speed.

I think my point being with either Flanno or Wakeham at 7 is there is no quality halves on the market right now. There is just no point buying for the sake of buying so if it isn't Flanno next year then who is it?

I'd rather take a stab at Clark as he clearly is capable but if it results in JMK at 9 and BBO at 14 that's not a shocking result.

Alamoti looks great but is still young. Not opposed to giving him a crack maybe mid next year. Let's hope we are in a position that we have some players in origin and then are able to blood some guys during that period HAHA

All of this is a work in progress for 2023 which with the right decisions can be our top 4 year. Cody Walker debuted in 2016, Damien Cook went to Bunnies in 2016. They came 12th in 2016 and 2017 in a team that had Inglis, Burgess and Adam Reynolds. 2018 they came third. We need to make smart buys and be patient.
Mate I don't watch any NRL games except for Bulldogs games so I'm not aware of any players that we're not linked to. I used to watch every game but since 2016 my interest in the NRL, like a lot of people on TK, has dwindled. I'd be lucky to get through the first half of most games. I used to love the NRL but when your teams loses every week it becomes very hard to have any interest in the sport.

I'm not questioning whether Taunoa and Mikaele are good players, I just haven't heard of them, but they do sound like the type of young guns we should be signing.

You'd think if the club was interested in Clark we would have signed him by now but if he's asking for $800K then the club has probably turned their attention to getting Smith in 23 since he's asking for simialr coin.

I'd rather have Avo at 6 and Burton at 7 than play Flanno. At least avo is a threat with the ball in hand.

Who knows, Burton may be able to jag an origin spot next year. Apparently he was close this year. Until we have 4-5 origin/rep players in our side, we won't be a top 4 side so as you said we either need to buy those players or wait until our gun SG Ball juniors develop into first graders

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate I don't watch any NRL games except for Bulldogs games so I'm not aware of any players that we're not linked to. I used to watch every game but since 2016 my interest in the NRL, like a lot of people on TK, has dwindled. I'd be lucky to get through the first half of most games. I used to love the NRL but when your teams loses every week it becomes very hard to have any interest in the sport.

I'm not questioning whether Taunoa and Mikaele are good players, I just haven't heard of them, but they do sound like the type of young guns we should be signing.

You'd think if the club was interested in Clark we would have signed him by now but if he's asking for $800K then the club has probably turned their attention to getting Smith in 23 since he's asking for simialr coin.

I'd rather have Avo at 6 and Burton at 7 than play Flanno. At least avo is a threat with the ball in hand.

Who knows, Burton may be able to jag an origin spot next year. Apparently he was close this year. Until we have 4-5 origin/rep players in our side, we won't be a top 4 side so as you said we either need to buy those players or wait until our gun SG Ball juniors develop into first graders
hey what happened to all your optimism?
you were one of the few glass half full guys on the forum now it feels like your ready to dive off a cliff. No Peter Griffin in a onesie anymore?

1625554385275.png

Last edited:

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
It didn't move. Sorry.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey what happened to all your optimism?
you where one of the few glass half full guys on the forum now it feels like your ready to dive off a cliff. No Peter Griffin in a onesie anymore?

View attachment 26215
LOL you're right. I was very optimistic with Baz coming on board because I thought these idiotic team selections and our pedestrian attack would be over but here we are again. Baz feels like Pay v2.0. This constant losing is wearing me down....I fear I may be turning into @BEAST MODE

I might need to change my avatar from the happy go lucky Peter Griffin to something darker to reflect my new outlook

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
I like the team, but I don't see why we would need to release Jackson before 2023, that's a young forward pack outside of Thompson that could use someone like Jackson in the interim. Elliot and Jackson play similar positions but are two completely different style of player.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

1 Averillo
2 JAC
3 Naden
4 Schoupp
5 Cotric
6 Burton
7 Flanagan
8 Jamayne Taunoa-Browne
9 Clark
10 Thompson ©
11 TPJ
12 RFM
13 Elliott

14 JMK
15 Mikaele
16 Hetherington
17 Doorey

Reserves: Allan, Atoni, Wakeham, Topine, Seumanufagai, Waddell, Okunbor, Stimson

Talking Points
  • Release = Dean Britt, Christian Crichton, Will Hopoate, Sione Katoa, Tui Katoa, Lachlan Lewis, Dylan Napa, Ofahiki Ogden, James Roumanos, Chris Smith.
  • Resign = Jayden Okunbor, Ava Seumanufagai, Atoni.
Allan to fullback, Averillo to centre, Schoupp to Mounties

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Best part about your post is moving on Josh Jackson. We need more out of our leader. Should have been moved on 5 years ago. Never understood the pedestal we put him on. Never won us a game on his own. Just another Tolman.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
LOL you're right. I was very optimistic with Baz coming on board because I thought these idiotic team selections and our pedestrian attack would be over but here we are again. Baz feels like Pay v2.0. This constant losing is wearing me down....I fear I may be turning into @BEAST MODE

I might need to change my avatar from the happy go lucky Peter Griffin to something darker to reflect my new outlook
Cartman?

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL. I was thinking Corey Taylor from Slipknot but I totally forgot about Cartman. Maybe I should stick to the cartoon theme. Is there any other cartoon character darker than him? Cartman makes Mr Burns looks like a choir boy

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Allen has shown promise at FB in the past so give him the rest of the season to grow. But unless we get some go forward all the backs are gunna struggle to make a impact and break the line. (break the line, wouldn't that be nice to see). What's the worst that can happen.

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

From the highlights Alamoti looks very promising at SG Ball level. Is there any player that he is compared to? He kinda reminds me of Willie Talau.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
LOL. I was thinking Corey Taylor from Slipknot but I totally forgot about Cartman. Maybe I should stick to the cartoon theme. Is there any other cartoon character darker than him? Cartman makes Mr Burns looks like a choir boy
Did you see the episode where he killed the parents of the kid that was bullying him and fed them to him lol.. Cartman makes everyone look like a choirboy..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Did you see the episode where he killed the parents of the kid that was bullying him and fed them to him lol.. Cartman makes everyone look like a choirboy..
Scott Tennerson? One of my favourite episodes.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dragons looking to sign Taunoa Browne on a loan deal, man ive got an eye for talent!