Problematic Contracts Already?

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
We need to dump Flanno off to another team. We can live with Elliot as he is serviceable, Allan is also serviceable and will look alot better around next year's backline

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Dietz had a dream chance to make his mark. He’s done nothing so he’ll be gone too.
Also being more injury prone than Foran isn't helping him either.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Weve shown before we are prepared to pay some of a contract going forward to move a player on. Flano would be a success in Super League just as Hastings and Josh Reynolds are...so Id hope we move him onto Super League prior to next season and use his money to retain the Prince of Belmore. Lewis has shown enough to be considered at least as good as Averillo...he has more presence as a half than Avo....and could be a useful foil to Burton, or at least a better back up than Flano.
Last year when Elliot was playing for a contract he was our best forward. I think his best position is as a middle coming off the bench. He has speed, footwork and can pass. I'd keep Allen for depth covering any position in the back 5. I'd shop Wakeham. There would be teams interested.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Weve shown before we are prepared to pay some of a contract going forward to move a player on. Flano would be a success in Super League just as Hastings and Josh Reynolds are...so Id hope we move him onto Super League prior to next season and use his money to retain the Prince of Belmore. Lewis has shown enough to be considered at least as good as Averillo...he has more presence as a half than Avo....and could be a useful foil to Burton, or at least a better back up than Flano.
Last year when Elliot was playing for a contract he was our best forward. I think his best position is as a middle coming off the bench. He has speed, footwork and can pass. I'd keep Allen for depth covering any position in the back 5. I'd shop Wakeham. There would be teams interested.
I'm actually hoping Gus is a little more ruthless with our roster than that. Signing a player again because he is the least shit option for a team running dead last probably won't be seeing us preparing the trophy cabinet for our next premiership any time soon.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I agree
I’ve been reading Andrew Johns book. For a forward pack full of big tough guys the halfback needs to take the lead and also tell them what’s needed at times. Johns was good at it. But I can’t see how a young bloke like Flanagan can lead a forward pack. He likes mental strength. He’s probably a decent bloke, but I don’t think he can lead from the front and direct plays - he’s showed that several times. Personally I think we should drag James Maloney back from England. He can not only lead he will show Averillo a few tricks and Lewis if he stays.Flanagan needs to go. Once he gets more mental strength and some inner confidence, he will be ok. Then several teams will welcome him.

newbreed

New Pup
Reaction score
We should be moving on Stimson and Wakeham and possibly Flanagan if Gus can bring in another half or maybe a utility half/hooker..

newbreed

New Pup
Reaction score
I think Allan is decent backup for the backline and may possibly start centre.
I would take Tapine over Elliott anyday especially as he’s a better edge forward but can’t see it happening.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
All of those will be off contract at the end of 2023. So two more seasons.

I think another club will take Elliott without much freight. If Allan has a few more games like last week, another club will take him. If Shane Flanagan gets another job, Kyle will follow him there. If not, we might have to pay 100k or so to move him.
Like o said yesterday the clubs bosses will block Flanno signing flanno on nepotism grounds unless flanno comes at like 125

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Flanno - all on the Coaching staff this one. Either can't spot talent or can't coach it out of him.
Allen - gets a run over Knockonbore
Elliott - let the door hit him on his way out. Not good enough talent wise for any reasonable team. Has brains of a tree stump.

Conclusion - wouldn't fret if all were shown the door ASAP.
I agree

Flano- out of favour or no fair go?

I still believe Allen should be our fullback.
Barrett only giving him 3 games there is not good!

Ellliot! Well I hate that grub cancer stick!

But let me tell you this.... now that Gould is here...
I am happy!

He will sort out any shit and won’t have a bar if it.
So for me- out of the 3- I would say bye bye elllliot and Barrett to follow him.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Contract prices are all conjecture to begin with. The team on paper at least looks like it's going to be the most improved of the NRL. My stance is that it's best to at least give next year's team some time to show their ability or lack of before worrying about who our problem players are.