Problem is Systematic

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The problem with us is systematic. I just don't see how we get out of this, and I think Barrett probably thought the same.

The players should be ashamed of themselves. If I was coach, I'd get these jokers having a good hard look at themselves in the mirror. They accept the higher salaries and continue to be outplayed by far cheaper opposition.

Coming to the Bulldogs as a player is a holiday now. No accountability, with high pay. Its like going to Super Leage without having to leave Sydney.

Week in and week out it's the same shit. I'm convinced training is a myth now. Naden joins the second worse backline in the comp and is looking like he's been there for years. How the fuck is this possible.

Clean out the club from top to bottom. I don't want anything remaining but the name and colours.

Full-time tonight will officially be rock bottom for this once great and proud club.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Agree the problems are on multiple levels:

- poor strength
- poor conditioning
- poorly drilled in defence
- poorly drilled in attack
- minimal talent in spine
- lack of effort
- lack of accountability for errors
- low morale due to longterm unfixed above-mentioned issues and loss of coach and direction

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Give it a month. You will see the basics they need to do as a team start showing through. With Gus behind the scenes and Barrett out if the picture things will start looking better. Basic game plan that actually plays to the skills of the players we have.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give it a month. You will see the basics they need to do as a team start showing through. With Gus behind the scenes and Barrett out if the picture things will start looking better. Basic game plan that actually plays to the skills of the players we have.
Give it a month and all the players who need to go will have had a tap on the shoulder.. Gus won’t tolerate this. He’ll be at Bunnings tomorrow buying the biggest broom they have.. to put through the joint

Malla

Reaction score
Give it a month and all the players who need to go will have had a tap on the shoulder.. Gus won’t tolerate this. He’ll be at Bunnings tomorrow buying the biggest broom they have.. to put through the joint
Yeah I think they’re too far gone lol only a handful from this team will remain. Its almost getting to a point where you’d rather play Kiraz and Alamoti and the younger guys in reggies so they don’t pick up bad habits from first grade lol

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Also only one specific area, but we took J.Morris and his high quality defence for granted. Don't have centres that can read play and defend well, you won't win many games.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Imo the first thing that the club needs is discipline. Nothing will change unless the players coaches whether established or new signings need to have discipline drilled into which starts at training.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don’t underestimate potter he is a good old school type of coach.
He can coach and you could hear it in his voice he won’t accept that type of defence.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry ladies and gentlemen we wont get out of this mess until 2024 any improvement next year is a bonus. A nd improvement will come from kikau and mahoney

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We did, baz ans his shit **** crew didn't.
The kennel didn’t bra.. people saying we’d be in the 8 :tearsofjoy: even next year we need to be realistic. Will be much better if we get the right coach with Mahoney coming and Kiks but we aren’t Melbourne or Penrith. Long way off yet

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That is very true... Shit dont happen overnight.

You could see it come to fruition after HT... Obviously with fatigue and loss of momentum you lose your again.

Once it becomes habit it should be a good foundation leading into 2023.