Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all.

Any tips or warnings re renting privately? :smilecat:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
By privately, do you mean without an agent, or without a lease?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you receive rental support from Centrelink ,you wont be able to get that if the owner can not give you rental receipts.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
There is one user here who is an expert on rentals.

It's not @Wahesh, nor @TANK 2.0 or @south of heaven, and not even @Bad Billy or @Hacky McAxe ..

In 2018, a user was sent from The Kennel by a moderator for a post they didn't make. They promptly escaped from a maximum security ban to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the moderators, they survive as tenants of fortune. If you have a rental, if no-one else can help find you a rental, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire @Blue_boost .

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you receive rental support from Centrelink ,you wont be able to get that if the owner can not give you rental receipts.
Surly not all off the 24 tenants would be on Centrelink ?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
If you know the person and consider them a friend, don't do it.
This.

They'll want mates rates and think that you'll go easy on them if they're running late with the rent... just don't do it.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Hi all.

Any tips or warnings re renting privately? :smilecat:
Do it legally, otherwise the ATO will get ya.

Any expenses are tax deductible though.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There is one user here who is an expert on rentals.

It's not @Wahesh, nor @TANK 2.0 or @south of heaven, and not even @Bad Billy or @Hacky McAxe ..

In 2018, a user was sent from The Kennel by a moderator for a post they didn't make. They promptly escaped from a maximum security ban to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the moderators, they survive as tenants of fortune. If you have a rental, if no-one else can help find you a rental, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire @Blue_boost .
Can this magical person also provide me with sage TV advice?

Wahesh

Reaction score
Can this magical person also provide me with sage TV advice?
No - you need @Blue_boost for that. He made an awesome thread about tvs and how one's personality can be linked to the tv. That was how everyone found out I had a small penis.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
No - you need @Blue_boost for that. He made an awesome thread about tvs and how one's personality can be linked to the tv. That was how everyone found out I had a small penis.
He hasn't been on since yesterday morning... probably had to inspect a few rentals.

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Started to multi-quote but required too many responses.

I would be the tenant, and it is not through an agent. Definitely with a lease.

I've never met the owners before, however we have mutual acquaintances.

And @Mr Invisible, lol at your A-Team reference. I once had a dog named Billy - after Murdoch's invisible dog Billy. :smilecat:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Started to multi-quote but required too many responses.

I would be the tenant, and it is not through an agent. Definitely with a lease.

I've never met the owners before, however we have mutual acquaintances.

And @Mr Invisible, lol at your A-Team reference. I once had a dog named Billy - after Murdoch's invisible dog Billy. :smilecat:
In that case, why not?

As a tenant I only have one experience doing it, and it was a positive one. As a landlord, I did it, and had a great relationship with tenants.

Put it this way - I wouldn't say no just because there is no agent. You will have a lease which gives you the same protections. Don't be fooled to thinking an agent will be any more professional or better.

Status
Not open for further replies.