Prince v. Reynolds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unless I missed it on a thread. Can anyone tell me what went on between Prince and Reynolds in the second half?

The ABC call team suggested that after Prince kicked the ball, he and Reynolds got into a scrap, where Prince reportedly head butted him.

Nothing further was mentioned.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Noticed that but it was broken up relatively quickly by Ennis if I'm not mistaken. Nothing was made of it on television though.

Stringer

CAR RAMROD
Reaction score
From what i saw at the game, grub was up in his face for a while and I think prince was begging him to punch him, prince got in a sneaky head but, but it was nothing more than a love tap, then Ennis broke it up. Tallis has been saying for a while price can throw so Reynolds was smart for alot of reasons not to react, we cant afford to not have him vs the bunnies

Pantera

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It looked as though Prince didn't like the pressure he was put under when he went to kick (on a side not I'm loving that the team is finally being coached to put pressure on the kicker)

Reynolds wasnt late and had every right to tackle. The scuffle was still going for 2-3 tackles after the kick.

C

chipandchase

Lucky for Reynolds as apparently prince can throw them with the best of them

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
One of the signs of a team that is on the rise is the enthusiasm with which they do the little things. Sterling often mentions it. He points out that even if you aren't as good as the other team if you work really hard and do the little things well you will often beat the better team. One of those little things is to run really hard and put pressure on the kicker.

Remember how Steve Price did it so consistently and how many times did he end up with the ball? Lots and he also made every kicker think about it every time.

I like so much about Reynolds but his enthusiasm is what I like the most. He is the everywhere man. We have big boppers, ball players and tacklers in the team but we haven't had that spark Reynolds provides for quite a while. He has plenty of room for improvement and that is also a good thing because under Dessie he will.

Currently don't know where Foran is going to fit in this team.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said Allan. His over enthusiasm worried me last year. He's pulled his head in since des arrived and its made him that much better. I think all the boys pressured the kicker well yday. It's something we need to do to try and make up for our troubles under the high ball. Turner and wright don't look like taking a contested bomb. Teams don't seem to bother bombing morris and Goodwin.

Status
Not open for further replies.