Priests eligible for JobKeeper asked to donate the extra allowance to their Catholic diocese

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of the Catholic Church but they do a lot of good for charity and without the Catholic Church much of society wouldn't exist today.

Also should note that without other religions like the Roman, Greek and Sumerian/Mesopotamian religions, many of the modern world wouldn't exist like buildings, temples, the written language, the wheel, and... Well... Christianity.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of the Catholic Church but they do a lot of good for charity and without the Catholic Church much of society wouldn't exist today.

Also should note that without other religions like the Roman, Greek and Sumerian/Mesopotamian religions, many of the modern world wouldn't exist like buildings, temples, the written language, the wheel, and... Well... Christianity.
Just say Assyria fuck ya lol

Come on, if the Almighty God picks us as a clean up crew, we are badass lol

Isaiah 19:23 In that day shall there be a highway out of Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrian shall come into Egypt, and the Egyptian into Assyria, and the Egyptians shall serve with the Assyrians.

Isaiah 19:24 In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt and with Assyria, even a blessing in the midst of the land:

Isaiah 19:25 Whom the LORD of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance.

PS we are still around if needed to clean up again ;)

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Kind of. I'm talking about pre-Assyria formation when Mesopotamia was mainly Sumerian. About 2,000 years before Assyria formed.
Yeah but shit didn't get done until we took over lol

Plus they are wiped out, so are our other cousins, the Babylonians.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if he is then he is correct
It's been said many times that the truth is never popular, so mate is it not true that people hated and crucified Jesus because he spoke the truth, could it not be true also that you hate the Catholic Church because it preaches the truth.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
It's been said many times that the truth is never popular, so mate is it not true that people hated and crucified Jesus because he spoke the truth, could it not be true also that you hate the Catholic Church because it preaches the truth.
no I think it has more to do with the cooking people to death and being a pedophile country club

death penalty for owning a bible btw, that's like if taylor swift went around and killed everyone who listened to her songs without buying her album, if she did that then its undeniable that she in is in for the money and not as an artist wanting people to listen to her

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So all the missionaries have only joined the church for the money, just like mother Theresa did, and one nun in the Sudan (that I'm familiar with) who looks after 1000 kids whose parents have either died, or been killed in non Catholic conflicts, not to mention the priests who have devoted their lives to remain Celibate, (which is torture in this day and age), and about 98% have remained so.
BTW Are you one of those who has a real hate on the Catholic Church, and refuse to see any good in it.
Lol i have seen what the Catholic church does to protect its interests.

Its a evil, greedy institution.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
if you want to make money or touch children I recommend joining the catholic church where you can do both at the same time

I guarantee the primary focus of the church has always been to extract money from people, that's why they used to kill people for simply translating the bible to a common language or for owning one

if they were interested in the most people learning about the jesus then they would love it to be translated, but they wanted the only way for people to know about it is if they come in to church and get it read to them, and hopefully while they are there they will hand over some money in the collection plate

death penalty for owning a bible lol

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Catholic Church makes something like $16 billion a year income, pays no tax, yet receives Job Keeper and then asks to Priests to donate almost half of the payment back to the organisation due to shortfalls from the Sunday collection plate, which is now chump change.

They make their income from investments gleaned from the estates of the faithful dying who left their wealth to the church over the years.

It's managed like an investment bank with financial experts advising how to manage their incredible wealth and annual income.

Churches are ripping off Australian tax payers by paying no income tax & claiming Job Keeper, but what is worse Priests are being ripped off by the Church by having to donate half this Job Keeper to back to the Church.

Isn't greed a deadly sin?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
they pay no tax

Preists receive job keeper

Our public schools have funding for unqualified chaplains not qualified councilors for students

And our university staff are unable to access job keeper

Sounds about right

Wahesh

Reaction score
Catholic Church makes something like $16 billion a year income, pays no tax, yet receives Job Keeper and then asks to Priests to donate almost half of the payment back to the organisation due to shortfalls from the Sunday collection plate, which is now chump change.

They make their income from investments gleaned from the estates of the faithful dying who left their wealth to the church over the years.

It's managed like an investment bank with financial experts advising how to manage their incredible wealth and annual income.

Churches are ripping off Australian tax payers by paying no income tax & claiming Job Keeper, but what is worse Priests are being ripped off by the Church by having to donate half this Job Keeper to back to the Church.

Isn't greed a deadly sin?
The Church makes that much money. What do they do with it?
  • Help the poor such as St. Vincent de Paul and the Salvation Army
  • Support the Red Cross
  • Other missionaries such as feeding the homeless
  • Helping those even far less fortunate such as those overseas - Asian Christian Countries, Latin America, Africa, the Middle East etc...
Others also forget how much it costs to run a Church - and multiply this by the amount of Churches there are in this nation to run

People here who think the Church is a criminal organisation simply there to make money, then I pray for you, because you are blinded by your own stupidity.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
  • Support the Red Cross
  • Helping those even far less fortunate such as those overseas - Asian Christian Countries, Latin America, Africa, the Middle East etc...
Others also forget how much it costs to run a Church - and multiply this by the amount of Churches there are in this nation to run

People here who think the Church is a criminal organisation simply there to make money, then I pray for you, because you are blinded by your own stupidity.
Nobody can say the RCC is purely to make money but also can't say they are purely to help.

I know for a fact many Lebo priests drive around in 100k+ cars. Ok they are donated but FFS sell them, use them to fund charity and drive around in a new model Corolla.

Jesus rode on a donkey, it's not about how you get to your destination it's all about how you preach at your destination. A bit of humility and humbleness goes a long way.

I'm not focused on hating the RCC or any other church but as a Bible Believer, the RCC sure does look like Mystery Babylon in Revelations.

I'm 90% convinced that the pope (with the blasphemous title of "Vicar of Christ") will be the False Prophet.

Before Catholics write me off I have mentioned many times, Catholics I have no problem with, my problem is with all man made religions and the corruption that has infiltrated them all.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Lol i have seen what the Catholic church does to protect its interests.

Its a evil, greedy institution.
Do you mean to say the Da Vinci Code was true after all?

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
  • Support the Red Cross

No one really knows their assets or income and expenditure because they don't have to release annual financial statements or Audit reports.

They are allowed this plus my bug bear of not having to pay income tax and receiving FBT & GST concessions despite sucking on the Governments teat for Schools, Hospitals & Nursing Homes .

Wahesh

Reaction score
No one really knows their assets or income and expenditure because they don't have to release annual financial statements or Audit reports.

They are allowed this plus my bug bear of not having to pay income tax and receiving FBT & GST concessions despite sucking on the Governments teat for Schools, Hospitals & Nursing Homes .
Can you imagine the cost of exporting a container to a 3rd world country, then having to make additional arrangements to get it to the village? A Priest from my local Church goes there every year - and doesn't get a cent for it... he's doing it out of his own free will... but everyone else would say he's doing it for the money.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe that Priests and Nuns need a union for better pay.

Its not them its the Organisation I'm talking about.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Can you imagine the cost of exporting a container to a 3rd world country, then having to make additional arrangements to get it to the village? A Priest from my local Church goes there every year - and doesn't get a cent for it... he's doing it out of his own free will... but everyone else would say he's doing it for the money.
I'm proud to say my Lebo Cardiologist, who is the top dog of cardiology in St Vincent's now, uses his annual leave to finance AND build schools and churches in Lebanon.

This guy is the closest I have seen a human be a saint.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally agree there mate, I don’t go to church specifically because most Christian churches these days are flooded with Pagan traditions and no one from the church group ever questions the leadership and the false doctrines they are teaching these days!

i was born and baptised a Catholic but ever since I’ve grown older and wiser I’ve asked questions and researched into the Catholic church and I do not consider myself Catholic anymore, I am a Christian without the denomination group, I worship and praise Yashua ( Jesus Christ ) and his word The Bible only Amen.
You say that you worship and praise Jesus Christ, so I would ask would you have heard of JC if it was not for the Catholic Church.