Pride Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This issue is becoming more and more prevalent. Companies wanting to support people for who they are is conflicting with religion. And it's only going to get worse. The more we accept people who are different, the more the world conflicts with religion.

So what's the solution. Tell LGBTQI peeps that we won't accept them? Or tell religious that we won't accept them?
It's a real issue,
And one that has no business in sport.

I'm a staunch and un apologetic atheist.

Religion means nothing to me.
And I'm all for lgbtq and all the other letters doing their thing.
In principle I should be supporting the rainbow jersey.

But the reality is I feel more strongly about keeping it all out of sport

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
This issue is becoming more and more prevalent. Companies wanting to support people for who they are is conflicting with religion. And it's only going to get worse. The more we accept people who are different, the more the world conflicts with religion.

So what's the solution. Tell LGBTQI peeps that we won't accept them? Or tell religious that we won't accept them?
No one is persecuting the gays in Australia. There is no need for putting the gay colours on jerseys.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Why don't their tattoo's conflict with their religion though? :tearsofjoy:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a real issue,

The problem now is that it has been brought in. So if you remove it now then it comes across as, "we no longer accept gay people"

And even if it wasn't introduced in the NRL, the AFL has been doing it for even longer. So it would just look bad for the NRL and would cost the sport sponsors.

Kind of doomed now. This is the kind of incident the NRL really didn't want. If they bow to the pressure of the religious then they look bad to the community. If they don't accept the religious beliefs then they look bad to the community. Damned if you do...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Good job for the manly players.

As a Muslim, I would never wear a jersey that supports or promotes ph@ggots.
Would you wear a jersey with gambling sponsorships?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
How was this presented to the players I'd like to know for a were they just told hey you are wearing this no if or Buts, or was there a reasoning why they were introducing the jersey ?
I think the main issue here is that a uniform has to be uniform. So either all players wear it, or none wear it.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's a real issue,

I get annoyed people can be happy and march down the street and be happy to celebrate their sexuality, and I can't even get one lousy blow job these days, although if I chance a fart and don't shit myself that makes me reasonably happy maybe next pride festival if it's all inclusive I can celebrate not pooping myself, maybe just maybe I'll be that little bit happier.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good job for the manly players.

As a Muslim, I would never wear a jersey that supports or promotes ***.
Just a warning. Homophobia is against forum rules. Best not to do it if you don't want a ban. Keep the discussion civil.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Would you wear a jersey with gambling sponsorships?
Funny thing is, when this story popped up on my news feed, I didn't read it. I just saw a thing saying "Manly players refuse to wear Jersey due to their beliefs", and the image just had a huge "sportsbet" across the front. I thought, "good on them. Gambling is bad"

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You obviously haven't met Realist.
You know what I meant. No one is stopping them from playing footy or living their lives.

What next? a Christian round where everyone has a cross on their jerseys? a Muslim round where everyone has to play with a scarf?

Sport should be about sport.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You know what I meant. No one is stopping them from playing footy or living their lives.

What next? a Christian round where everyone has a cross on their jerseys? a Muslim round where everyone has to play with a scarf?

Sport should be about sport.
Do Christians and Muslims need that type of support in Australia though?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I get annoyed people can be happy and march down the street and be happy to celebrate their sexuality, and I can't even get one lousy blow job these days, although if I chance a fart and don't shit myself that makes me reasonably happy maybe next pride festival if it's all inclusive I can celebrate not pooping myself, maybe just maybe I'll be that little bit happier.
Haha.
You and me both haha

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The problem now is that it has been brought in. So if you remove it now then it comes across as, "we no longer accept gay people"

And even if it wasn't introduced in the NRL, the AFL has been doing it for even longer. So it would just look bad for the NRL and would cost the sport sponsors.

Kind of doomed now. This is the kind of incident the NRL really didn't want. If they bow to the pressure of the religious then they look bad to the community. If they don't accept the religious beliefs then they look bad to the community. Damned if you do...
I know,.
Its lose, lose for everyone.
Keep politics and religion out of sport is my preference.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How was this presented to the players I'd like to know for a were they just told hey you are wearing this no if or Buts, or was there a reasoning why they were introducing the jersey ?
I reckon some flaming gay guy jumped out of a locker and said with a lisp 'your new jersey ' and then he jumped back into the locker, I could be wrong!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.