Opinion Pride Jersey Saga

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm curious about everyone’s thoughts about what happens next season after the fallout from the pride jersey saga? Will the Women in League round be hijacked again by this? Also will another team or Manly decide to wear a pride jersey again next year? Whether you agree with it or not I think it would be incredibly risky for Manly to do it again after how badly their season went afterwards.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Keep politics, sexuality and beliefs out of the game.
Nothing against pride stuff, but I’d hate to see the dogs play in a pride jersey
Spot on. Don’t care if your straight, gay, trans, black, white, Asian, fucking pink alien that identify a as green elephant.

It’s football. Fuck off with this shit out of the game. No one excluded you so you don’t need a jersey to be fucking included. Piss off with this shit and let the players play sport.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Keep politics, sexuality and beliefs out of the game.
Agreed. There is nothing more inclusive than the club's main strip. It excludes nobody.
I get the need to sell more merch, but sport has no business jumping into politics and religion. In general, fans just don't want this cr@p in their game - they just want to watch their game and support their team.
There is nothing to be gained by sowing division under the banner of "diversity" - it's a bad business model and entirely unnecessary.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Spot on. Don’t care if your straight, gay, trans, black, white, Asian, fucking pink alien that identify a as green elephant.

It’s football. Fuck off with this shit out of the game. No one excluded you so you don’t need a jersey to be fucking included. Piss off with this shit and let the players play sport.
My thoughts all along. Making a point of including gay people is actually homophobic. They weren't excluded to begin with, making a point of including them implies a bias against them. Doing it during women's round just doubled down on the stupidity, and implies women's round isn't important. So a bit of sexism thrown in there. So yeh kudos Manly on fucking up big time.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
FFS we watch footy to escape all that bullshit...

Fuck your woke money making schemes.

How much of the profit of those fugly jerseys sold did they donate to needy people in the ABC community? Probably fuck all.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The club and the players were as stupid as each other, simple as that. Imagine throwing away a season and letting your teammates and fans down over something so stupid LOL. Meanwhile these players support Mr stabby stab or wear Yeezys despite all the Kanye bs and not even blink an eye :tearsofjoy:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The club and the players were as stupid as each other, simple as that. Imagine throwing away a season and letting your teammates and fans down over something so stupid LOL. Meanwhile these players support Mr stabby stab or wear Yeezys despite all the Kanye bs and not even blink an eye :tearsofjoy:
Is Mr stabby stab code for cock? Lol
And..wtf is a yeezy :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Na the Manly hooker, umm i think Fainu was his name? The one that stabbed the **** at the church thingy lol. Yeezy's are Kanye's sneakers.
Ohh yeh gotcha re the stab guy..
Crikey you speak a different lingo, makes for a good laugh hey.
I would have never guessed the yeezys even though you mentioned kuntye straight after :grinning:

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are false equivalencies and really have nothing to do with this

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My thoughts all along. Making a point of including gay people is actually homophobic. They weren't excluded to begin with, making a point of including them implies a bias against them. Doing it during women's round just doubled down on the stupidity, and implies women's round isn't important. So a bit of sexism thrown in there. So yeh kudos Manly on fucking up big time.
100% agree with this post and I'll go one step further and say the Indigenous round is on the same level.

Keep having indigenous rounds and you keep highlighting or creating a division. Shut up about it, don't mention it and there will be no divide.

If your people or sexual orientation is not discriminated against by the masses, there IS no problem. You'll always get isolated cases here or there but that doesn't mean it's a systemic problem. The law is there to protect you. Get over yourselves and stop thinking you need to constantly seek assurances. Especially in sport.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would create a furore if they can indigenous round/magic round there are 2 I think, idk.
Anyway I'd say that's here to stay..as for the pride idea it was stupidity personified sucked in to Manly for going along with that.

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Na the Manly hooker, umm i think Fainu was his name? The one that stabbed the **** at the church thingy lol. Yeezy's are Kanye's sneakers.
Yes was talking to a mate last week about this. In the end better to keep this stuff out of footy. Now I'm the hypocrite cause somebody on here was saying have an R U OK round and I 100% this is good but then thats like general.

Look there's gay players I guess, there's gay folk here and there. Personally I don't give a flying if you're gay, straight, Jewish, atheist, blue, green, black....man it's the person. End of.

I think most of society is like that, you'll never get 100% but most only look at how other folk treat them, not colour, sexual preference etc

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm curious about everyone’s thoughts about what happens next season after the fallout from the pride jersey saga? Will the Women in League round be hijacked again by this? Also will another team or Manly decide to wear a pride jersey again next year? Whether you agree with it or not I think it would be incredibly risky for Manly to do it again after how badly their season went afterwards.
Manly got "WOKE" and went broke...

I think the average Australian doesn't care if you are gay, or straight, what sex you are or what sex you think you are or what, politics, color, race, or religion you are, just don't be an ass-hole about it!

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Manly got "WOKE" and went broke...

I think the average Australian doesn't care if you are gay, or straight, what sex you are or what sex you think you are or what, politics, color, race, or religion you are, just don't be an ass-hole about it!
100% there are good people and there are dumb fucks in every demographic.

FFS we just want 80 mins where we don't worry about the fucked up world and watch 34 ***** smash eachother lol

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lol because we haven't already run this topic into the ground already.

I think it's a great idea to promote inclusivity, tbh. We still don't have any openly LGBTQI players in the game, which suggests to me the culture of the game isn't as accepting as some might suggest.

Having said that, the pride jersey only created controversy and negative headlines this year. I don't think a jersey is the answer as ultimately it seems to create more negativity than positivity.

I would love to see a pride round introduced, with signage and players could optionally support it by wearing a rainbow wristband, or something. I hope that is a gesture most players who don't have religious reservations would get behind.