Pride Jersey Pt.2

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Yeah, I can tell that is having a real detrimental effect on your self esteem, Mr "my wife worships my penis". Would you like a cuddle?
Nah mate, don't give much creedance to people who form their personality around their self diagnosed mental illness

Last edited:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Those players who have no religion do not actually attack our religion now, do they. There is a difference.

Next... if you think back, it was about "Very Merry" not happy holidays. They were deliberately leaving the word "Christmas" out. Now considering the Minister got involved and ordered them to tear down those flags and put up proper ones that say Merry Christmas don't you think those who weren't happy about it had a fair reason to be - considering that the PC bridage likes to take over the world??
No!

What difference is there to a rainbow colour on the jersey? The city of sydney pays for it's banners through council rates charged to the people who live in that electorate. The people who live in that electorate are of many different backgrounds/religions/sexual preferences/etc.

If I'm to take the stance you are showing, then I would say those tax payers in that council are being forced to fund Christian banners in their streets. Then according to your logic, I'm being forced to promote religious belief/ideology

Again, I, personally am not showing objection to this, I'm using the rational that religious people are using in regards to the pride jersey and using that rational in the exact same accordance to the Christmas banners.

Next... no, our religion does not say that you will burn in hell for not believing in God. I assume you're referring to Izzy here. It's about sinners and repenting. I actually people there are people out there who are Atheist that live their lives doing good things and trying to help out others - while not endorsing what we perceive as sin, and also not mocking the beliefs and practices of others who do.
Tell the Vatican, they obviously don't know about what you're saying. I will always reject religion and God, I know I will die an atheist. I know I will never accept Jesus as my god. This confines me to hell, regardless of what I do.

Next... those players that gather in prayer group (assuming you're referring to the Polynesian players) - tell me... are they forcing the LGBQT community to join them in doing that? Are they mocking the LGBQT group by doing that? Are they affecting anyone at all by doing take? If the answer to any of the questions is "Yes" then by all means have a go at them.
If say there was a muslim or hindu or whatever other religious player on that team. If those boys are praying to God for their team to win or vice versa a muslim prays for their teammates to play well and their team to win. Isn't someone praying on a "false god" (in their teammates mind) for others?

Some would find this insulting.

And note, I find it quite interesting in where a jersey was to have rainbow stripes on it, to show support for the LGBQT community to prevent self-harm, that you consider this "mocking". That it seems, you immediately associate any action from the LGBQT community to be an attack on your religion and that they somehow set out to "mock you".

Next... it looks like you didn't even read what I said properly... I said:

"At least Christians don't attack others who don't share the same beliefs as us."

That's right, we don't. They are always the ones who rub it in and throwing the first punch by flaunting it - case in point was that gay thing outside St. Mary's Cathedral last year that was promoted by using an image of the Cathedral's facade on their flyer. Absolutely disgusting.
Are you taking the piss with this last bit? Seriously are you taking the piss?

They printed a flyer for an event they were having at that location. That's all it was. A landmark to denote where they were holding their event.

And you say "absolutely digusting" and somehow in this same breath you're complaining that they're attacking and you're not?

You're cooked.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Nah mate, don't give much creedance to people who form there personality around there self diagnosed mental illness
Not sure this is a proper use of the term self diagnosed, but safe to say I was being sarcastic, bro. Pretty clear you are not short on self confidence....brain cells on the other hand...

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
No!

What difference is there to a rainbow colour on the jersey? The city of sydney pays for it's banners through council rates charged to the people who live in that electorate. The people who live in that electorate are of many different backgrounds/religions/sexual preferences/etc.

If I'm to take the stance you are showing, then I would say those tax payers in that council are being forced to fund Christian banners in their streets. Then according to your logic, I'm being forced to promote religious belief/ideology

Again, I, personally am not showing objection to this, I'm using the rational that religious people are using in regards to the pride jersey and using that rational in the exact same accordance to the Christmas banners.

Tell the Vatican, they obviously don't know about what you're saying. I will always reject religion and God, I know I will die an atheist. I know I will never accept Jesus as my god. This confines me to hell, regardless of what I do.

If say there was a muslim or hindu or whatever other religious player on that team. If those boys are praying to God for their team to win or vice versa a muslim prays for their teammates to play well and their team to win. Isn't someone praying on a "false god" (in their teammates mind) for others?

Some would find this insulting.

And note, I find it quite interesting in where a jersey was to have rainbow stripes on it, to show support for the LGBQT community to prevent self-harm, that you consider this "mocking". That it seems, you immediately associate any action from the LGBQT community to be an attack on your religion and that they somehow set out to "mock you".

Are you taking the piss with this last bit? Seriously are you taking the piss?

They printed a flyer for an event they were having at that location. That's all it was. A landmark to denote where they were holding their event.

And you say "absolutely digusting" and somehow in this same breath you're complaining that they're attacking and you're not?

You're cooked.
Look I can continue debating but no point.

See ya :kissingheart:

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My issue was not with the players but with the club making a decision on the players behalf without consultation and obvious precedent with players who are religious maybe having a problem with it. Its could easily have been "pride " round with signage, advertising and merchandise being produced, even a bloody big rainbow on the field, without insisting players where a different strip.
why not an inclusivity round for all marginalised communities? it would solve any religious objections people might have or those that believe any one community or ideology is being given preferential treatment, it would allow greater community involvement, provide people with a better understanding of the issues different communities may face etc.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
why not an inclusivity round for all marginalised communities? it would solve any religious objections people might have or those that believe any one community or ideology is being given preferential treatment, it would allow greater community involvement, provide people with a better understanding of the issues different communities may face etc.
Sounds ok to me.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
why not an inclusivity round for all marginalised communities?
Why not a footy round 1, round 2, up to round 26? Leave the posing and the virtue signalling to the people who get off on it, and leave the footy competition to the footballers and the fans.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
See the hardline religious types dropping out of this discussion like flies.

Very very few seem to get why promoting inclusion is so important.

Yes. Manly screwed up in the way they did it by not involving the players more, tho it can be argued that they're the employer so why would they need to?

Putting that to the side, people are painting this as an attempt by the LGBTQ+ community to 'ram this down their throats '

Whereas I don't see that at all.

A significant contributing factor as to why members of the LGBTQ+ community self harm and kill themselves is identity. They don't feel they have one.

It's why the pronouns are so important as it helps them feel included, and why the rainbow thing done in the right way helps them realise it's ok being who they are.

I Don't believe it's an attempt to convert religious people to 'the ways of the LGBTQ+ community' but more an attempt to help those within to feel better about themselves. And ultimately lead to better mental health, and less self-destructive behaviours.

how can this be a bad thing?

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Not sure this is a proper use of the term self diagnosed, but safe to say I was being sarcastic, bro. Pretty clear you are not short on self confidence....brain cells on the other hand...
Not sure if you're referring to the incorrect use of 'there' (lame) or you're being purposefully ignorant. Or maybe you're a recluse. Maybe you're just not hip to the jive. We already know you lack awareness. Either way bro there is no denying that people identifying by illness, mental or otherwise, self diagnosed or exaggerated ad nauseam is pop culture right now.

It's not really surprising. Garnering a sympathetic ear to the woe is me plight is an Aussie past time as popular as tallpoppy syndrome. But now I see it more than ever, people engage alot in linguistic tango's for a battle of the hardship.

Almost as fascinating as it is annoying

does she have a sister?
Even more appropriate for this thread she has a brother :tearsofjoy:

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A significant contributing factor as to why members of the LGBTQ+ community self harm and kill themselves is identity. They don't feel they have one.
If this is true we should all be concerned, but is it true or just another piece of propaganda? I heard Ian Roberts claiming the other day that nine-year-old boys were killing themselves because they could not come to terms with their sexuality. I was a nine year old boy once (OK I have a good memory) and I didn't have the slightest hint of a sexual thought, and nor did any of my mates. The first stirring of a sexual identity came at about twelve or thirteen. Most of you were nine year old boys once - were you any different?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If this is true we should all be concerned, but is it true or just another piece of propaganda? I heard Ian Roberts claiming the other day that nine-year-old boys were killing themselves because they could not come to terms with their sexuality. I was a nine year old boy once (OK I have a good memory) and I didn't have the slightest hint of a sexual thought, and nor did any of my mates. The first stirring of a sexual identity came at about twelve or thirteen. Most of you were nine year old boys once - were you any different?
Tbh, I've read of these stories before of such young children killing themselves so I'm not surprised by what he said.

Working a lot with children and teens especially, I'm shocked by how young kids are having sex. It scares the crap out of me. 10. 11. 12. Madness.

I never had such thoughts at that age, but does that mean it can't be happening now?

Times have changed, and as scary as it is as a parent to admit it, we need to change with the times.

As for it being propoganda ... I don't have the research in front of me but it's something like:

- LGBTQ+ community much much more likely to be assaulted during school

- direct result is that they're then 5 times more likely to kill themselves than the norm

I'm not asking people to adopt a pro LGBTQ+ stance but to, at the very least, respect it and let people lead their own lives without judgement.

Doing that will save lives and for me there isn't anything more important

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Yes. Manly screwed up in the way they did it by not involving the players more, tho it can be argued that they're the employer so why would they need to?

Putting that to the side, people are painting this as an attempt by the LGBTQ+ community to 'ram this down their throats '

It's why the pronouns are so important as it helps them feel included, and why the rainbow thing done in the right way helps them realise it's ok being who they are.

I Don't believe it's an attempt to convert religious people to 'the ways of the LGBTQ+ community' but more an attempt to help those within to feel better about themselves. And ultimately lead to better mental health, and less self-destructive behaviours.

I don't blame the rainbow crew for this at all.

This was just a lame money making scheme that backfired on the unprofessional ***** at Manly.

Like I said, if they actually gave a fuck they would of donated all profits to victims. Plus I still have NFI why those morons would hijack the Women in League round...

Wahesh

Reaction score

I just quit debating because it's a case of agree to disagree.

The problem is everytime LGBTQ is brought up, us practicing Catholics will stand up and say why we believe it's wrong.

Let's look at it this way - we also know that it's wrong to kill - and it's also one of the 10 Commandments. If someone went on a killing spree, everyone would say why it's an outrage - including Catholics because it goes against a Commandment. We also express outrage because the LGBTQ thing goes against what we believe in.

That's the simplest way I can put it.

EVERYONE has the right to be accepted as who they are as a human - yes - even gays - however, accepting someone for who they are and promoting something that you are against are 2 different things.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I don't blame the rainbow crew for this at all.

This was just a lame money making scheme that backfired on the unprofessional ***** at Manly.

Like I said, if they actually gave a fuck they would of donated all profits to victims. Plus I still have NFI why those morons would hijack the Women in League round...
I'm not sure if it was Des's fault/idea even though he had to face the music, but yeah it was a pretty shitty idea to hijack Women in League round.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Even though I think the pride jersey is a stupid and unnecessary move (nobody is excluding gay ppl now) I wouldnt sit out a game if I had to wear it. Some religions or versions of are against it which is their right though.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it was Des's fault/idea even though he had to face the music, but yeah it was a pretty shitty idea to hijack Women in League round.
Des had to clean up the shit that the board took on the club. IIRC Des is a staunch Catholic boy.

Last edited:

Wahesh

Reaction score
Even though I think the pride jersey is a stupid and unnecessary move (nobody is excluding gay ppl now) I wouldnt sit out a game if I had to wear it. Some religions or versions of are against it which is their right though.
If the Bulldogs did something like this I would refuse to attend or even watch the game.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Des had to clean up the shit that the board took on the club. IIRC Des is a staunch Catholic boy.
Possibly. I know that he went to St. Dominic's in Penrith for High School.

Regardless, I don't think that a pride round would work in the NRL because there are A LOT of Polynesians who play the game and they are very religious. I recall at least 2 Parramatta players doing the sign of the cross when they ran out against the Panthers on Sunday. I also recall Willie Mason doing it when he ran out in the 2004 Grand Final.

To think that 7 players from ONE team would sit it out - imagine how many would sit out if there was a pride round.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If the Bulldogs did something like this I would refuse to attend or even watch the game.
If the nrlol had ANY brains, they can make an equality round which would include ALL minorities/groups with ticket sales profits or 5k per try that goes to the needy/victims.

Sport is a great example of unifying all walks of life already.