Pride Jersey Pt.2

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Its could easily have been "pride " round with signage, advertising and merchandise being produced, even a bloody big rainbow on the field, without insisting players where a different strip.
That's a very good idea in fact.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's a very good idea in fact.
Its a pity the fuckwits at Manly didnt have the same simple view. The players would not have been spotlighted and some of the stupid bullish outrages from Gays like Magda Moron wouldnt have happened..

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Its a pity the fuckwits at Manly didnt have the same simple view. The players would not have been spotlighted and some of the stupid bullish outrages from Gays like Magda Moron wouldnt have happened..
Geez... I am with you on many of the points you raise, but I dunno if you can really call the outrage stupid and bullish unless you've walked a mile or two in these people's shoes, bro. The constant negativity from some members of the community would be enough to really frustrate a person and wear them down.

But I agree that Manly made a real mess of this. They shouldn't have done it during women in league round, they should have consulted with the players and they should have had the sense to know that if some players were not going to cooperate, it was always gonna do more harm than good. Pragmatically speaking, promoting it without directly involving the players would have probably been a smarter way to go about it.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
This is where they draw the line. Gambling, drinking. Teammates who have touched up their partner. Nothing said. Inclusive jersey? Boycott.
How absolutely convenient of you to leave out this part of my post

"You are loved, supported and accepted as humans, as our equals"

Because that's all this is about, this is about how that community is 5 to 7 times more likely to commit self harm or suicide. This is about saving lives, this is about saying that we love you regardless

This isn't about their sexual preference, this is about saying you're loved as a human and supported as a human to put a halt to the high rates of self harm. But no we have to turn this into gay bashing again.

There are many things in rugby league that go against your religion. You (religious people) conveniently turn a blind eye to all of it. You conveniently support/IDOLIZE players who are atheists or have no affinity with religion.

BULLSHIT!!!!!

You, yes you Wahesh, you lost your shit that one year the city of Sydney decided to have "Happy Holiday" banners instead of Merry Christmas, placed in the streets.

And then you show the blatant hypocrisy I'm talking about when you say "preaching is not a problem", lol, yeh it is. Your religion tells me I'm evil and will burn in hell for an eternity (regardless of any good deeds I do), simply because I reject and don't believe in your god.

Yet your religion has the freedom to say this to all non-adherents, none of us kick up a fuss the same way you do about the LGBQT community.

As I've stated in the previous thread, religious footy players have the cross drawn on their strapping, they gather in group prayer after the game, NO ONE BATS AN EYELID, we don't care, good for them. I SUPPORT THEIR RIGHT TO DO THAT. I completely disagree with their religion, but I SUPPORT THEIR RIGHT TO DO THAT.

That's how simple it is to support inclusion day and still be against the act.

Unfucking believable that you're this tone deaf to it. After all the hate campaigning and fear campaigning during the SSM plebiscite that you're still tone deaf to it and completely unashamed at the lies propagated.

So go on, how many churches were forced to marry same sex couples, how many were taken to court and legally forced to marry them?

[sarcasm]But of course you guys never attack them, you're always the victim. [/sarcasm]

You know what you guys are, you're rainbow bully's :tearsofjoy:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Geez... I am with you on many of the points you raise, but I dunno if you can really call the outrage stupid and bullish unless you've walked a mile or two in these people's shoes, bro. The constant negativity from some members of the community would be enough to really frustrate a person and wear them down.

But I agree that Manly made a real mess of this. They shouldn't have done it during women in league round, they should have consulted with the players and they should have had the sense to know that if some players were not going to cooperate, it was always gonna do more harm than good. Pragmatically speaking, promoting it without directly involving the players would have probably been a smarter way to go about it.
No, outrage by some like Magda is and was un needed and does nothing to further her cause by alienating and pointing the finger at the players who I might add have said nothing publicly..

I dont have to walk anywhere in a gay mans shoes to be understanding of thier struggles, because like the rest of the world I have my own issues and difficultys to deal with in life. Common sense from both gay and non gay community could have seen a pride round without all the bullshit and outrage.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
No, outrage by some like Magda is and was un needed and does nothing to further her cause by alienating and pointing the finger at the players who I might add have said nothing publicly..

I dont have to walk anywhere in a gay mans shoes to be understanding of thier struggles, because like the rest of the world I have my own issues and difficultys to deal with in life. Common sense from both gay and non gay community could have seen a pride round without all the bullshit and outrage.
You don't have to walk a mile in anyone's shoes, true..... but you can not understand another person's struggles in life unless you have lived them....no matter what completely unrelated struggles you have experienced yourself. That's just a basic fact of life, mate. It's very easy to dismiss behaviours as unhelpful if you have the luxury of emotional detachment.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
You don't have to walk a mile in anyone's shoes, true..... but you can not understand another person's struggles in life unless you have lived them....no matter what completely unrelated struggles you have experienced yourself. That's just a basic fact of life, mate. It's very easy to dismiss behaviours as unhelpful if you have the luxury of emotional detachment.
Of course you can understand and even sympathize with anothers plight. You just have to take empath classes like Scommo

This kinda reminds me a bit of the only white people can be racist mantra.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
How absolutely convenient of you to leave out this part of my post

"You are loved, supported and accepted as humans, as our equals"

Because that's all this is about, this is about how that community is 5 to 7 times more likely to commit self harm or suicide. This is about saving lives, this is about saying that we love you regardless

This isn't about their sexual preference, this is about saying you're loved as a human and supported as a human to put a halt to the high rates of self harm. But no we have to turn this into gay bashing again.

There are many things in rugby league that go against your religion. You (religious people) conveniently turn a blind eye to all of it. You conveniently support/IDOLIZE players who are atheists or have no affinity with religion.

BULLSHIT!!!!!

You, yes you Wahesh, you lost your shit that one year the city of Sydney decided to have "Happy Holiday" banners instead of Merry Christmas, placed in the streets.

And then you show the blatant hypocrisy I'm talking about when you say "preaching is not a problem", lol, yeh it is. Your religion tells me I'm evil and will burn in hell for an eternity (regardless of any good deeds I do), simply because I reject and don't believe in your god.

Yet your religion has the freedom to say this to all non-adherents, none of us kick up a fuss the same way you do about the LGBQT community.

As I've stated in the previous thread, religious footy players have the cross drawn on their strapping, they gather in group prayer after the game, NO ONE BATS AN EYELID, we don't care, good for them. I SUPPORT THEIR RIGHT TO DO THAT. I completely disagree with their religion, but I SUPPORT THEIR RIGHT TO DO THAT.

That's how simple it is to support inclusion day and still be against the act.

Unfucking believable that you're this tone deaf to it. After all the hate campaigning and fear campaigning during the SSM plebiscite that you're still tone deaf to it and completely unashamed at the lies propagated.

So go on, how many churches were forced to marry same sex couples, how many were taken to court and legally forced to marry them?

[sarcasm]But of course you guys never attack them, you're always the victim. [/sarcasm]
Those players who have no religion do not actually attack our religion now, do they. There is a difference.

Next... if you think back, it was about "Very Merry" not happy holidays. They were deliberately leaving the word "Christmas" out. Now considering the Minister got involved and ordered them to tear down those flags and put up proper ones that say Merry Christmas don't you think those who weren't happy about it had a fair reason to be - considering that the PC bridage likes to take over the world??

Next... no, our religion does not say that you will burn in hell for not believing in God. I assume you're referring to Izzy here. It's about sinners and repenting. I actually people there are people out there who are Atheist that live their lives doing good things and trying to help out others - while not endorsing what we perceive as sin, and also not mocking the beliefs and practices of others who do.

Next... those players that gather in prayer group (assuming you're referring to the Polynesian players) - tell me... are they forcing the LGBQT community to join them in doing that? Are they mocking the LGBQT group by doing that? Are they affecting anyone at all by doing take? If the answer to any of the questions is "Yes" then by all means have a go at them.

Next... it looks like you didn't even read what I said properly... I said:

"At least Christians don't attack others who don't share the same beliefs as us."

That's right, we don't. They are always the ones who rub it in and throwing the first punch by flaunting it - case in point was that gay thing outside St. Mary's Cathedral last year that was promoted by using an image of the Cathedral's facade on their flyer. Absolutely disgusting.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its not dismissing behaviour at all bro, its simply suggesting that the outrage and anger was pointed in the wrong direction. Magda is supposedly educated and should know better. She didnt attack the club for its stupidity for not using a common sense view of having a pride round without the player involvement.

Instead she pointed blame at a bunch of footy players that had no part in organizing it nor have they publicly said anything for or against and shamed them for a view they might have based on thier faith.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Just basic rights that we all have in our relationships etc to protect us legally. Dont get me wrong, I dont fly the flag for homersexuals as I am an old fashioned late 50's aussie bloke that had a different view of the world compared to now, mostly becuase of my childrens views and protests to some of my apparently archaic views.. :tearsofjoy:

My issue was not with the players but with the club making a decision on the players behalf without consultation and obvious precedent with players who are religious maybe having a problem with it. Its could easily have been "pride " round with signage, advertising and merchandise being produced, even a bloody big rainbow on the field, without insisting players where a different strip.

I also dont agree with the theory some people say about having thier cause shoved down everyones throat, but I do find some inflexability from some gays that expect all people to just constantly show thier support. It shouldnt be expected for non gays to have to wear a gay flag or colours to prove that they support the cause or basic human rights. I also support helping people effected by disease, addiction or trajedy, but I dont walk around in a tshirt dedicated to the issue to do it..
Well the thing is people deserve to have basic rights regardless of their sexuality or relationship status. The thing is I think that freedom of religion is very important from a business perspective, and if a small business, for example a bakery, does not want to make a gay wedding cake for someone because they don't believe in it, they should have the right to refuse that service.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Of course you can understand and even sympathize with anothers plight. You just have to take empath classes like Scommo

This kinda reminds me a bit of the only white people can be racist mantra.
ScoMo's empath class graduation cert is about as well earned as Taylor Swift's honorary "doctorate".

It's not the same at all.... the sad reality is, gay people can be homophobic and have been known to commit gay hate crimes..... because society has taught them they should feel ashamed of themselves for being who they are.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Its not dismissing behaviour at all bro, its simply suggesting that the outrage and anger was pointed in the wrong direction. Magda is supposedly educated and should know better. She didnt attack the club for its stupidity for not using a common sense view of having a pride round without the player involvement.

Instead she pointed blame at a bunch of footy players that had no part in organizing it nor have they publicly said anything for or against and shamed them for a view they might have based on thier faith.
She's angry, bro..... people can become pretty aggressive when their backs are against the wall.... again, that's human nature. I don't blame the seven personally, I think their beliefs are a product of what society has taught them.... but at the end of the day, I'm not a member of the LGBTQI community. I've never been a victim of homophobia....I have that luxury of at least some degree of emotional detachment.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
So she’s religious..waiting for the second coming? :D
Mostly not happy unless there is atleast a 2nd coming, and she's not even religious
ScoMo's empath class graduation cert is about as well earned as Taylor Swift's honorary "doctorate".

It's not the same at all.... the sad reality is, gay people can be homophobic and have been known to commit gay hate crimes..... because society has taught them they should feel ashamed of themselves for being who they are.
Dont be silly. Bill Gates has honorary medical degrees after being a college drop out and is now considered an expert on vaccines

And now society is teaching all whites to be ashamed of themselves.

Shame, shame, shame

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Mostly not happy unless there is atleast a 2nd coming, and she's not even religious

Dont be silly. Bill Gates has honorary medical degrees after being a college drop out and is now considered an expert on vaccines

And now society is teaching all whites to be ashamed of themselves.

Shame, shame, shame

Yeah, I can tell that is having a real detrimental effect on your self esteem, Mr "my wife worships my penis". Would you like a cuddle?