Pride Jersey Pt.2

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
So lucky we ain't neighbors because our other fukn neighbors would hate us with the air pollution we would provide.. ;)
Fck bro - if you're doing gear through a hooka - you win. Buggers are like a bucket bong on steroids :(

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fck bro - if you're doing gear through a hooka - you win. Buggers are like a bucket bong on steroids :(
Nah truthfully bro i've hung up the boots or throat and lungs in this case, Billy just got the better of me but i still sneak in a doobie every now again to try and get on par with my HOOKA munching mates. :tongueclosed:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t want to get into the religious debate around this but to me it’s human rights, not rights about sexuality!
Human rights for who?

I am not picking a fight bro. It’s an honest question. I have two millennial daughters who educate my cranky old fashion ass all the time. But I struggle to understand the hatred even though I also don’t understand the physical attraction for gays.

Last edited:

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Nah truthfully bro i've hung up the boots or throat and lungs in this case, Billy just got the better of me but i still sneak in a doobie every now again to try and get on par with my HOOKA munching mates. :tongueclosed:
Doobies? Soft. 37 years and still going strong. Tried to down a hooka once myself - if what others told me - ended up trying to hump a telegraph pole.

So be careful of your car - those guys might find the exhaust very attractive.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Doobies? Soft. 37 years and still going strong. Tried to down a hooka once myself - if what others told me - ended up trying to hump a telegraph pole.

37 and done! Had a good run... Some people can just go for longer, until that cough gets a wee bit too much.

Soft! Mate get off the gear for a year and then tell me Doobies are soft... Its like 14 yr old virgin days again greening out in your mates front yard trying to get home hahaha.!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

37 years…Puppy.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Human rights for who?

I am not picking a fight bro. It’s an honest question. I have two millennial daughters who educate my cranky old fashion ass all the time. But I struggle to understand the hatred even though I also don’t understand the physical attraction for gays.
Fair enough - which gay rights exactly are you talking about though?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Human rights for who?

I pondered that question myself one day..I came to the simple conclusion they look at men the same way we Look at women in terms of sexual attraction.. and that’s what it comes down too.. it is as basic as that…

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is where they draw the line. Gambling, drinking. Teammates who have touched up their partner. Nothing said. Inclusive jersey? Boycott.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So, as am atheist, I've put up with religions pushing 'their' agendas for most of my life. Fair play - entitled too. Yet when the alphabets have a go, nope. If you cannot see the inequity in that not sure what i can say?
Human rights for who?

Both of you hit the nail on the head.

The bare facts of it

1. the LGQBT community is more prone to self harm/suicide due to being/feeling ostracized from the community

2. Manly labelled the day "inclusion" day, meaning we include everyone, everyone is supported

3. The fact that the previous thread went for 50 odd pages and this thread is now at 27 pages of objections, combined with the below points, blatantly shows they are NOT accepted and still ostracized by large chunks of society, hence their prevalence for self harm and suicide due to this ostracization is a very real problem.

i. The former PM tried to bring in a religious discrimination bill to ALLOW discrimination against LGBQT community
ii. The former PM placed Katherine Deves in Warringah to dog whistle and DISCRIMINATE against the LGBQT community
iii. SSM plebiscite was purely about whether we afford human rights to the LGBQT community and 40% of our community said no they don't deserve human rights
iv. The fact that some label the LGBQT community as groomers and paedophiles and absolutely no objection or disgust from others is shown at this blatant mischaracterisation (LIES)

4. The fact that the religious people in the community (not the 7 Manly players) dare to actually fucking say that LGBQT stuff is "rammed down our throats" without having a shred of awareness of how much their religion is rammed down everyone elses throats is just mind numbingly astounding. Seriously WTF, how much can you guys play the victim, WHEN YOU ARE THE MAJORITY AND YOU'RE THE OPRRESSORS FFS!

It's this simple, IMHO, you could go to that game or wear those colours in a show of support that you say to the LGBQT community "You are loved, supported and accepted as humans, as our equals" and then very easily, could teach your kids, that in your religion it is a sin but you must always treat every human with respect and compassion. There's no hypocrisy there.

That's it, that's how simple it is. You get to keep your religious belief and you get to treat those people as equal humans. Your churches preach that their doors are open to everyone, that was not proven by these actions/comments.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Both of you hit the nail on the head.

The bare facts of it

1. the LGQBT community is more prone to self harm/suicide due to being/feeling ostracized from the community

2. Manly labelled the day "inclusion" day, meaning we include everyone, everyone is supported

3. The fact that the previous thread went for 50 odd pages and this thread is now at 27 pages of objections, combined with the below points, blatantly shows they are NOT accepted and still ostracized by large chunks of society, hence their prevalence for self harm and suicide due to this ostracization is a very real problem.

i. The former PM tried to bring in a religious discrimination bill to ALLOW discrimination against LGBQT community
ii. The former PM placed Katherine Deves in Warringah to dog whistle and DISCRIMINATE against the LGBQT community
iii. SSM plebiscite was purely about whether we afford human rights to the LGBQT community and 40% of our community said no they don't deserve human rights
iv. The fact that some label the LGBQT community as groomers and paedophiles and absolutely no objection or disgust from others is shown at this blatant mischaracterisation (LIES)

4. The fact that the religious people in the community (not the 7 Manly players) dare to actually fucking say that LGBQT stuff is "rammed down our throats" without having a shred of awareness of how much their religion is rammed down everyone elses throats is just mind numbingly astounding. Seriously WTF, how much can you guys play the victim, WHEN YOU ARE THE MAJORITY AND YOU'RE THE OPRRESSORS FFS!

It's this simple, IMHO, you could go to that game or wear those colours in a show of support that you say to the LGBQT community "You are loved, supported and accepted as humans, as our equals" and then very easily, could teach your kids, that in your religion it is a sin but you must always treat every human with respect and compassion. There's no hypocrisy there.

That's it, that's how simple it is. You get to keep your religious belief and you get to treat those people as equal humans. Your churches preach that their doors are open to everyone, that was not proven by these actions/comments.
No, because...

"you could go to that game or wear those colours in a show of support that you say to the LGBQT community"

...is against what we practice as Christians. Homosexuality strikes at the very core of what we deem immoral.

Regarding your other comment...

"4. The fact that the religious people in the community (not the 7 Manly players) dare to actually fucking say that LGBQT stuff is "rammed down our throats" without having a shred of awareness of how much their religion is rammed down everyone elses throats is just mind numbingly astounding. Seriously WTF, how much can you guys play the victim, WHEN YOU ARE THE MAJORITY AND YOU'RE THE OPRRESSORS FFS!"

Preaching is not a problem - but the problem I particularly have is that the LGBQT stuff is constantly flaunted around us shoved in our faces, and if we disagree, we get attacked for it.

At least Christians don't attack others who don't share the same beliefs as us. It's ashame the LGBQT brigade attack others who do not support their cause.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No, because...

"you could go to that game or wear those colours in a show of support that you say to the LGBQT community"

...is against what we practice as Christians. Homosexuality strikes at the very core of what we deem immoral.
How absolutely convenient of you to leave out this part of my post

"You are loved, supported and accepted as humans, as our equals"

Because that's all this is about, this is about how that community is 5 to 7 times more likely to commit self harm or suicide. This is about saving lives, this is about saying that we love you regardless

This isn't about their sexual preference, this is about saying you're loved as a human and supported as a human to put a halt to the high rates of self harm. But no we have to turn this into gay bashing again.

There are many things in rugby league that go against your religion. You (religious people) conveniently turn a blind eye to all of it. You conveniently support/IDOLIZE players who are atheists or have no affinity with religion.

Regarding your other comment...

"4. The fact that the religious people in the community (not the 7 Manly players) dare to actually fucking say that LGBQT stuff is "rammed down our throats" without having a shred of awareness of how much their religion is rammed down everyone elses throats is just mind numbingly astounding. Seriously WTF, how much can you guys play the victim, WHEN YOU ARE THE MAJORITY AND YOU'RE THE OPRRESSORS FFS!"

Preaching is not a problem - but the problem I particularly have is that the LGBQT stuff is constantly flaunted around us shoved in our faces, and if we disagree, we get attacked for it.
BULLSHIT!!!!!

You, yes you Wahesh, you lost your shit that one year the city of Sydney decided to have "Happy Holiday" banners instead of Merry Christmas, placed in the streets.

And then you show the blatant hypocrisy I'm talking about when you say "preaching is not a problem", lol, yeh it is. Your religion tells me I'm evil and will burn in hell for an eternity (regardless of any good deeds I do), simply because I reject and don't believe in your god.

Yet your religion has the freedom to say this to all non-adherents, none of us kick up a fuss the same way you do about the LGBQT community.

As I've stated in the previous thread, religious footy players have the cross drawn on their strapping, they gather in group prayer after the game, NO ONE BATS AN EYELID, we don't care, good for them. I SUPPORT THEIR RIGHT TO DO THAT. I completely disagree with their religion, but I SUPPORT THEIR RIGHT TO DO THAT.

That's how simple it is to support inclusion day and still be against the act.

At least Christians don't attack others who don't share the same beliefs as us. It's ashame the LGBQT brigade attack others who do not support their cause.
Unfucking believable that you're this tone deaf to it. After all the hate campaigning and fear campaigning during the SSM plebiscite that you're still tone deaf to it and completely unashamed at the lies propagated.

So go on, how many churches were forced to marry same sex couples, how many were taken to court and legally forced to marry them?

[sarcasm]But of course you guys never attack them, you're always the victim. [/sarcasm]

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fair enough - which gay rights exactly are you talking about though?
Just basic rights that we all have in our relationships etc to protect us legally. Dont get me wrong, I dont fly the flag for homersexuals as I am an old fashioned late 50's aussie bloke that had a different view of the world compared to now, mostly becuase of my childrens views and protests to some of my apparently archaic views.. :tearsofjoy:

My issue was not with the players but with the club making a decision on the players behalf without consultation and obvious precedent with players who are religious maybe having a problem with it. Its could easily have been "pride " round with signage, advertising and merchandise being produced, even a bloody big rainbow on the field, without insisting players where a different strip.

I also dont agree with the theory some people say about having thier cause shoved down everyones throat, but I do find some inflexability from some gays that expect all people to just constantly show thier support. It shouldnt be expected for non gays to have to wear a gay flag or colours to prove that they support the cause or basic human rights. I also support helping people effected by disease, addiction or trajedy, but I dont walk around in a tshirt dedicated to the issue to do it..