Pride Jersey Pt.2

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He didn't make up the commandments.

On the other hands those who were offended shouldn't be offended by something they don't believe in.

Honestly, their logic makes no sense.
I think it's one of those thing where you can't understand it unless you're literally in their shoes.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's questionable. No one knows what was in Folau's contract except him and RA. I highly doubt that the use of social media quoting (or paraphrasing) the bible was a clause of his (then) current contract.
Apparently he had in his contract that he can't bring the game into disrepute. Which makes sense because it's in most contracts (usually about bringing company into disrepute). Problem is that it's vague and can be interpreted many different ways. Which is why it usually ends up in court.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL
Did he? I guess that’s why he was paid out literally millions of dollars. He won, he didn’t breach shit. Hence the payout.
He didn't win though. At least, he didn't prove that it was an unfair dismissal. Rugby Australia settled out of court. The fact that it made it to court a court battle means that it was a potential breach of contract.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes 44 this year I gather at best I got 20 in me Max lol
Don't worry. They'll uncover the secret of immortality in 21 years.

Fuck, I turned 42 the other day. Which means I'm technically old, but it also means that I know the meaning of life.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope you're ok mate and get better.

We still have years of arguing about your invisible friend left!!!
I hope you're not thinking that my invisible friend should have fixed my problems, remember that my invisible friend allowed himself to be crucified

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He didn't make up the commandments.

On the other hands those who were offended shouldn't be offended by something they don't believe in.

Honestly, their logic makes no sense.
Christmas don’t believe atheists when they claim they are following an imaginary sky fairy. Doesn’t stop many of them from taking offence. You don’t get to determine what is offensive to other people, mate. It’s all about perception.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Organisations settle all the time to avoid lengthy and protracted court battles. Settling is in no way proof Rugby Australia didn’t have a case. Just because Folau spins it as a win doesn’t mean it was a win. It just means it was going to cost Rugny Australia a shitload of time, money and resources and they decided it was better to resolve the matter quickly. Rugby Australia was also really struggling financially at that time and having to part with the amount of money Izzy was asking for was likely to send them bankrupt, it stands to reason they didn’t want to take even the slimmest chance of losing if they could get away with paying out a much smaller amount, even if their legal team felt their chances of winning were good.

It is also worth noting that a common term of any settlement is that neither party continues to talk about the case. The first thing that creep did was try to spin the outcome as a “victory” by telling all the fans he hoodwinked into giving him their hard earned money that he received a huge amount of money in the settlement. As Ixzy breached the confidentiality terms of the agreement, Rugby Australia subsequently came out and said the settlement amount was much smaller than Folau claimed, and a small fraction of what he was actually asking for.

Only those who were part of the negotiations can tell which party is telling the truth for sure. But given the fact Izzy asked people who were much worse off than him to crowd fund his campaign, was asking for a huge sum of money that was likely to send Rugby Australia broke if he won, and was the first to break the confidentiality agreement, I know which party I think is less trustworthy. And I’m not talking about Rugby Australia.

Izzy’s a douche. It doesn’t take a court of law to determine that.
Folua got $4m and RA got nothing, sounds like a win to me.

Always a Bulldog

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope you're not thinking that my invisible friend should have fixed my problems, remember that my invisible friend allowed himself to be crucified
Kelpie when one puts aside differences to wish one well is the most purist good of all..whether one thinks Your friend is invisible or not..

Most admirable of you @Dogna88

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope you are getting better. Hospitals suck and they are full of vampires taking your blood all the time.. I was back in last week for my third angiogram and it pisses me off being in there.
They sure do..but hot nurses soothes the hurt..

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
Folau filed a lawsuit for 14 million and vowed to his supporters he would not accept a settlement and would fight if on principle. If it had been such a “win” for him, why did he settle for less and why did he feel the need to exaggerate to his supporters by gloating about a supposedly huge settlement when the amount was well under a third of what he was actually going for? You don’t sound very objective to me. You sound like a typical Folau supporter misrepresenting the truth,

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
This is what he went for:
  • His player contract from May 2019 to November 2022 of $4.2m
  • Lost guaranteed test match payments adding up to $300,000
  • Lost test match payments for 2022 of $150,000
  • Lost sponsorship revenue of $300,000
  • Lost Israel Folau branded kids’ camp payments of $300,000
  • Additional base salary and other payments of between $1.5m and $3m
  • Loss of money from the end of his international career of between $500,000 and $4.5m
  • Post-career benefits, including what would have been on offer for him if Folau had become captain of the Wallabies. This is estimated at between $450,000 and $1.25m.
He went for unfair dismissal. Bog standard that if the grounds for dismissal are grey, you pay em out and see u later - standard fair in the corporate world every day of the week.

Folau got his expected contract money and nothing more - which RA was always paying unless Folau ate a kid or something and RA got rid of a cancer. Plus Folau paid his own legals (whereas I'm sure with the RA old boys, they had decent lawyers lined for knicks).

And had to apologise that I didn't mean to offend anyone [quiet voice - except drunks, liars, homos, adulterers, fornicators, thieves, atheists, idolaters).

Hey @south of heaven me got six of the boxes ticked - where u at?

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kelpie when one puts aside differences to wish one well is the most purist good of all..whether one thinks Your friend is invisible or not..

Most admirable of you @Dogna88
I didn't think that my reply would be offensive to Dogna88, If so all I can say is SORRY.
I very much thank and greatly appreciate all the well wishes, was told that I'll be discharged in the morning

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
No worries mate I'm keeping you company when we lose, but I also keep you company in another way, awoke up one morning 2 weeks ago crippled and been in hospitol ever since.
Sorry to hear that, mate. Never a good thing to hear a fellow kenneled (or human of any kind) is going through something like this. Wishing you a full recovery. Hope you are back on your feet before too long.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Folau filed a lawsuit for 14 million and vowed to his supporters he would not accept a settlement and would fight if on principle. If it had been such a “win” for him, why did he settle for less and why did he feel the need to exaggerate to his supporters by gloating about a supposedly huge settlement when the amount was well under a third of what he was actually going for? You don’t sound very objective to me. You sound like a typical Folau supporter misrepresenting the truth,
He got $4m, standard union bargaining tactic, ask for more than you really want and then make them grovel to get you down to the number that you wanted in the first place.

Always a Bulldog

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Christmas don’t believe atheists when they claim they are following an imaginary sky fairy. Doesn’t stop many of them from taking offence. You don’t get to determine what is offensive to other people, mate. It’s all about perception.
They choose not to believe yet choose to be offended.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I didn't think that my reply would be offensive to Dogna88, If so all I can say is SORRY.
I very much thank and greatly appreciate all the well wishes, was told that I'll be discharged in the morning
Sorry guys.. @Dogna88 .. probably stepped out of line.. Great you are coming home tomorrow Kelpie..best to be out of hospital as quick as you can..too many bugs..not to mention the food (unless your cooking is worse! :fearscream: ) Lets hope they get to the bottom of the problem..not a nice thing to happen.. By the way anybody cause you problems in there tell em your Kennel brothers will be in there to set em straight..

And if there is an all powerful being I will be trying my best to get him to help you..I know what it means to be paralysed and it’s not right..at least I know why..

Last edited: