Pride Jersey Pt.2

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree. If an atheist doesn’t believe in hell then they shouldn’t take offense, but also Izzy is an idiot. First of all it wasn’t a direct quote from the Bible he was paraphrasing it and wrote it his way which is arrogant, secondly it showed he lacked humility which is very anti-Christian like. And thirdly I’ve probably committed half of the things he mentioned, anyone that says they are without sin or blemish is a liar.
Does stealing cheese and cigarettes from Coles when you were a junior ,because the pricks would underpay you and rip you off and still make you work ,count as a sin?
Surely God knows back in the day working for Coles sucked and they were pricks

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Does stealing cheese and cigarettes from Coles when you were a junior ,because the pricks would underpay you and rip you off and still make you work ,count as a sin?
Surely God knows back in the day working for Coles sucked and they were pricks
I think we've all done similar things to that bro. I used to work at a supermarket as well. The Ice cream was too tempting on a hot day lol

And cheese? hahahaha

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
He made shit up, that's why people were offended.
He didn't make up the commandments.

On the other hands those who were offended shouldn't be offended by something they don't believe in.

Honestly, their logic makes no sense.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah went well with the beers, the odd wrap up in the deli of 2 kilos of prawns and put them under cocktail Frankfurts...job done
Beers and smokes as a junior? Shit you're fucked aye, you ain't going to hell, you're going straight to Tartarus.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Folau breached his contract. Subject matter is irrelevant.
That's questionable. No one knows what was in Folau's contract except him and RA. I highly doubt that the use of social media quoting (or paraphrasing) the bible was a clause of his (then) current contract.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He didn't make up the commandments.

On the other hands those who were offended shouldn't be offended by something they don't believe in.

Honestly, their logic makes no sense.
I'm an athiest. Laughed at his comments as crazy religious rabble. Doesn't effect me what so ever.

But see, wouldn't thinking like a Christian to be thinking of others and not such a individualistic manner?

The audience it would effect, would be the most vulnerable. The christian boy or girl struggling with being torn with their sexuality and the faith the got bombarded into them from a young age.

Rather than so arrogantly and unempathetically saying "YOU'RE GOING TO HELL REPENT". You dont think he, as such an iconic and influential person, could show some empathy and humility for those millions of young adults trying to find their way?

Offer undestanding and guidance (offering a christian councelling service even). Rather than straight out "you're fuked" in big bold letters, addressing a complex, life threatening issue in less than twenty words.

The manly 7 deserve 1000 times more respect than ignorant izzy

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When's your round? ;)
LOLLL unlike our rainbow-coloured friends I don’t care for that kind of attention.

Inclusiveness is being treated equally and accepted as part of society which I thought the LGBTQI community already were too but I guess their definition also includes having people not only have to say and show support but they also need a special (day/week).

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That's questionable. No one knows what was in Folau's contract except him and RA. I highly doubt that the use of social media quoting (or paraphrasing) the bible was a clause of his (then) current contract.
True, we dont know what was in his contract.
His employers did and they sacked him for breaching it.
Not having a go at you Wahesh, just how I see it.

Wahesh

Reaction score
True, we dont know what was in his contract.
His employers did and they sacked him for breaching it.
Not having a go at you Wahesh, just how I see it.
Dude if he breached his contract he wouldn't have taken them to court and would've lost his battle.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Izzy could have approached what he wanted too completely different, a core foundation is "love thy neighbour" and with that comes compassion.

I don't think him saying "repent or go to hell" was the big issue, rather who he's targeted with the comment.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Izzy could have approached what he wanted too completely different, a core foundation is "love thy neighbour" and with that comes compassion.

I don't think him saying "repent or go to hell" was the big issue, rather who he's targeted with the comment.
Him not realising that there are many people targeted from what he said is the issue.

Some, who laughed at him and couldn't care because they are comfortable with who/what they beleive or don't.

Some, who i mentioned in my previous post, that it would. Those effected are young adults, some Christian. Just a bit of compassion and understanding of a complex issue wouldn't have hurt. He could have sent his message and offered religious advice in a more understanding way.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
LOL
Did he? I guess that’s why he was paid out literally millions of dollars. He won, he didn’t breach shit. Hence the payout.
Folau was paid out ~$4m (he went for $14m). His ARU contract was worth $4M at the time of the case.

So basically they paid out his contract and no finding was found.

However - all stuff you would do if you were not contesting innocence, but contesting severity.
Folau also offered to be trained, and offered to have RA review his social media posts before they went up. Folau said he was willing to pay a fine and make a donation to Sydney Children’s hospital in Randwick and serve a suspension of four weeks.

Folau reportedly told an Australian Christian Lobby conference last month that he would “absolutely” repeat the posts again, and earlier this month gave a sermon in his Sydney church linking the bushfires ravaging parts of Australia at the time to legalisation of same-sex marriage and the decriminalisation of abortion.

IMV - dude wanted to have his say but knew it wasn't going down with his employers. And then when the gravy train got knocked - went super legal.

and lets add this:

In the claim of bias, Folau also confirmed Rugby Australia’s allegation that he had offered to apologise for the posts.
The proposed apology stated: “I sincerely understand that what I have posted has been hurtful to some readers. This was never my intention, so for that reason, I wholeheartedly apologise for any pain or sense of confusion that that has caused.”

You employ a basket case on contract and you want to off him but don't have a good enough (or cheap enough) reason - easiest way is to pay him out. Which they did. He got his pay only - plus had $2M up the sleeve from crowdfunding for legals. Hope the legals were less than $2M or he's out of pocket. RA has sponsors to look after and stupid fundamentalist shit turns off sponsors in a flash. Unless the Church wants to sponsor RA - but not doing that - too busy hoarding money for legal fees.

So no cause was found - and note that both parties apologised. RA to the Folaus and the Folaus for being idiots. No fault - but you have to go - here is your contract money and fck off.

end of story.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
LOL
Did he? I guess that’s why he was paid out literally millions of dollars. He won, he didn’t breach shit. Hence the payout.
Dude if he breached his contract he wouldn't have taken them to court and would've lost his battle.
Organisations settle all the time to avoid lengthy and protracted court battles. Settling is in no way proof Rugby Australia didn’t have a case. Just because Folau spins it as a win doesn’t mean it was a win. It just means it was going to cost Rugny Australia a shitload of time, money and resources and they decided it was better to resolve the matter quickly. Rugby Australia was also really struggling financially at that time and having to part with the amount of money Izzy was asking for was likely to send them bankrupt, it stands to reason they didn’t want to take even the slimmest chance of losing if they could get away with paying out a much smaller amount, even if their legal team felt their chances of winning were good.

It is also worth noting that a common term of any settlement is that neither party continues to talk about the case. The first thing that creep did was try to spin the outcome as a “victory” by telling all the fans he hoodwinked into giving him their hard earned money that he received a huge amount of money in the settlement. As Ixzy breached the confidentiality terms of the agreement, Rugby Australia subsequently came out and said the settlement amount was much smaller than Folau claimed, and a small fraction of what he was actually asking for.

Only those who were part of the negotiations can tell which party is telling the truth for sure. But given the fact Izzy asked people who were much worse off than him to crowd fund his campaign, was asking for a huge sum of money that was likely to send Rugby Australia broke if he won, and was the first to break the confidentiality agreement, I know which party I think is less trustworthy. And I’m not talking about Rugby Australia.

Izzy’s a douche. It doesn’t take a court of law to determine that.

Last edited: