Pride Jersey Pt.2

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How Is it bigotry?
Exactly.
Everyone has a differing view on things and if it is their religious belief that guides them then so be it.
If those who agree with it say it is okay, because that is their opinion, then they cannot say that for those that don't like it due to their religious views that it is not okay.

As they say you can't have your cake and eat it too.....

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We now have special toilets for those students ( of primary age) at our school who identify as transgender. We now cannot say girls or boys simply students or class...

The other day went into Guzman Y Gomez for the first time and whilst waiting for food had to visit the bathroom...Unisex...so when I emerged from, the cubicle there was a man washing his hands at the sink...Call me old fashioned but what if it was my ten year old daughter who is old enough to go to the bathroom on her own emerging from the cubicle to see a man at the sink...
Absolutely disgusting

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We now have special toilets for those students ( of primary age) at our school who identify as transgender. We now cannot say girls or boys simply students or class...

The other day went into Guzman Y Gomez for the first time and whilst waiting for food had to visit the bathroom...Unisex...so when I emerged from, the cubicle there was a man washing his hands at the sink...Call me old fashioned but what if it was my ten year old daughter who is old enough to go to the bathroom on her own emerging from the cubicle to see a man at the sink...
You are not alone in resisting this I assure you. Many decent family people with common sense would agree. Make no mistake these are exactly the type of things the "pride" movement aim to implement and a part of their strategy is to make it shameful for good people to resist the way these manly players have.

People are born gay I accept that it is not their fault and if they wish to live that lifestyle I can't and won't stop them but I'll be damned if I will let this political movement try and change the basic fabric of society to suit their own agenda.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You are not alone in resisting this I assure you. Many decent family people with common sense would agree. Make no mistake these are exactly the type of things the "pride" movement aim to implement and a part of their strategy is to make it shameful for good people to resist the way these manly players have.

People are born gay I accept that it is not their fault and if they wish to live that lifestyle I can't and won't stop them but I'll be damned if I will let this political movement try and change the basic fabric of society to suit their own agenda.
Did the rainbow crew ask for this ? Who's idea was it from the start and how was it started?
Maybe I've missed something?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nah bro izzy was a fucking moron for posting that shit. And she is a fucking idiot.
If I'm on a good wicket for work in this day and age you keep your own beliefs to yourself it's really not that hard it doesn't oppress you nor silence you , people put shit on social media for a reaction he got one. Nothing was stopping him from going to church and practising his beliefs what so ever and he is entitled to that.
put that shit on social media what do you expect?
I destest a certain religion I was bought up with and bitten plenty of times, now I try best to keep my mouth fucking shut ,because although it don't work for me it could work for some else and visa versa with the rainbow people.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol it’s funny that the other thread got shut down because of so many people offended yet they act like everyone else are the softies lmao. One should wonder off to the lounge and see how they carry on there and threads aren’t shut down. From an objective POV it seems theyre a protected group here and have an allowance to be intolerant and racist themselves because they’re fighting for the correct political ideology approved by msm and leading experts on twitter
The trick is to keep posting in the lounge. No one reads the lounge so no one cares. The General league section has people who don't look at the Lounge.

Funny thing is, if this was posted in the Bulldogs main forum it would last 5 minutes tops.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah bro izzy was a fucking moron for posting that shit. And she is a fucking idiot.
If I'm on a good wicket for work in this day and age you keep your own beliefs to yourself it's really not that hard it doesn't oppress you nor silence you , people put shit on social media for a reaction he got one. Nothing was stopping him from going to church and practising his beliefs what so ever and he is entitled to that.
put that shit on social media what do you expect?
I destest a certain religion I was bought up with and bitten plenty of times, now I try best to keep my mouth fucking shut ,because although it don't work for me it could work for some else and visa versa with the rainbow people.
Yep. My only real issue with Izzy's post was that he knew what he was doing. His first post he deleted and apologised, and they asked him to not post stuff like that as it offends fans and sponsors. Then he posted it again knowing it would offend fans and sponsors.

Even if it was Rugby players posting Satanic memes. They would be doing it because they know it offends and they would cop it the same.

Like it or not, sportspeeps are role models and anything they do in the public sphere is going to reflect on their employer. Same reason any celebrity gets sacked from a project when they do something stupid.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He literally said that they have to respect the players religious and cultural beliefs and her response is that?

She's just trying to stoke the flames the same way Izzy was trying to stoke the flames. They believe that by pissing off gay people they're doing God's work. Another example of people using religion as a weapon.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Did the rainbow crew ask for this ? Who's idea was it from the start and how was it started?
Maybe I've missed something?
Nah, they didn't ask for it. The whole thing was a fuck up by Manly. They thought they were doing good for the LGBTQI community (and jersey sales) and they did the opposite.

This whole thing annoys the shit out of me. I have close friends who are gay. Had a good discussion with them about it last night and they told me that this whole saga broke them. Deleted their Facebook accounts (which is probably a good thing) and just didn't want to leave the house because they just had the shits so bad with it.

Poor blokes have copped hate all their lives and shit like this just gave people another excuse to attack gay people. Glad I like women because I wouldn't want to have to deal with that shit on a daily basis.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Stop the double speak.

It is not "inclusive" to force someone to identify themselves with a political symbol.

Wearing a cross, or an ichthus, or a hammer and sickle, or feminist symbol, or a black fist, or a star of David, or a party logo is a matter of personal choice.

The LGBTQ+ movement's political symbol is no different.

As soon as someone says, "you must wear this symbol, or there will be consequences," that is not inclusive.

In fact, it's rather exclusive.

The inclusive society is the society that accommodates people's convictions.

By all means, make your appeal and mount your argument.

But differences of conviction will still persist. Such is the diversity of human nature.

At that point, "live and let live" is as inclusive as it gets, and it works pretty well.

Like it did at the Manly Sea Eagles until last week.

Anything more requires force which injures people's consciences through threats and coercion.

Like, "wear this, or else..."

That is the dead opposite of "inclusive."

Again, stop the double speak."

- Martyn Isles

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
What sort of fool actually believes he is going to change minds or save souls with a combative social media post? That post was never going to serve any constructive purpose. It was solely designed to antagonise LGBTQI people and make them feel bad. And maybe to earn him some back slaps from closet homophobes.

Maria's not far from the truth. Izzy may not be a donkey, but he certainly is an ass. Clearly she is too.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
"Stop the double speak.

It is not "inclusive" to force someone to identify themselves with a political symbol.

Wearing a cross, or an ichthus, or a hammer and sickle, or feminist symbol, or a black fist, or a star of David, or a party logo is a matter of personal choice.

The LGBTQ+ movement's political symbol is no different.

As soon as someone says, "you must wear this symbol, or there will be consequences," that is not inclusive.

In fact, it's rather exclusive.

The inclusive society is the society that accommodates people's convictions.

By all means, make your appeal and mount your argument.

But differences of conviction will still persist. Such is the diversity of human nature.

At that point, "live and let live" is as inclusive as it gets, and it works pretty well.

Like it did at the Manly Sea Eagles until last week.

Anything more requires force which injures people's consciences through threats and coercion.

Like, "wear this, or else..."

That is the dead opposite of "inclusive."

Again, stop the double speak."

- Martyn Isles
Yeah, I actually agree with this and completely agree with the players choosing to step down.

People keep bringing up the Muslim woman who refused to play in the pride round, but she was harassed when she said that she wouldn't play. Then she released a statement saying that she has the utmost respect for LGBTQI people, but her religion prevented her from wearing the jersey.

I think if Manly conferred with the players then it wouldn't be a shit show. I also think if the players released a similar statement then it would be much better for everyone.

But in the end, Manly handled this badly and the likes of Maria Folau are just making it worse.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Exactly.
Everyone has a differing view on things and if it is their religious belief that guides them then so be it.
If those who agree with it say it is okay, because that is their opinion, then they cannot say that for those that don't like it due to their religious views that it is not okay.

As they say you can't have your cake and eat it too.....
There are a lot of weirdos who hang around the lounge section who just can’t seem to comprehend what you just posted. I can only put it down to two things, either:

1. They truly and honestly don’t understand or comprehend OR

2. They are just filled with hatred which is very sad