Pride Jersey Pt.2

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
or maybe because they support the cause. guess u got the inside goss???

Seriously bro - if you've eaten cornflakes for 20 years and suddenly it has 'pride' written on the side, would u stop? If you would, thats sad, its not like cornflakes are gay or anything. If you wouldn't, then stop whinging about it. Its not that big of a deal.
Did you know cornflakes were invented to stop people wanking?

True story lol

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Isn't that what all businesses do? Even a fair chunk of charities only care about taking your money.

If I owned a business and I thought a whirly bird of penis hanging off the front awning got me extra business (and I wouldn't get arrested for it), up goes the penises.

Thats business. Still not sure whats the issue with this.
Gullibility I suppose. But if people are that gullible to giving businesses their money simply for displaying a rainbow flag, then I feel sorry for them. I'd be more into giving my business to a company that genuinely cares about their customers - and that goes far beyond supporting their sexuality.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Gullibility I suppose. But if people are that gullible to giving businesses their money simply for displaying a rainbow flag, then I feel sorry for them. I'd be more into giving my business to a company that genuinely cares about their customers - and that goes far beyond supporting their sexuality.
Business have repeat customers and they have new customers. As a new customer, you will never know how you will be treated until you throw some money down - repeat customers come back because - as you say - they care about them.

So, I guess you're saying the small % of new customers who go in because of a flag. A % of a %.

Still think this isn't about the shop or the customer - but more about your views. And thats cool - I'm the opposite. If I wanted a coffee and there were 2 coffee shops in front of me - one was plastered with christian stuff and the other wasn't - I'd go to the other one. Why? Don't wish to support a christian coffee shop. But fully support there right to be a christian coffee shop if you know what I mean.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both of you hit the nail on the head.

The bare facts of it

1. the LGQBT community is more prone to self harm/suicide due to being/feeling ostracized from the community

2. Manly labelled the day "inclusion" day, meaning we include everyone, everyone is supported

3. The fact that the previous thread went for 50 odd pages and this thread is now at 27 pages of objections, combined with the below points, blatantly shows they are NOT accepted and still ostracized by large chunks of society, hence their prevalence for self harm and suicide due to this ostracization is a very real problem.

i. The former PM tried to bring in a religious discrimination bill to ALLOW discrimination against LGBQT community
ii. The former PM placed Katherine Deves in Warringah to dog whistle and DISCRIMINATE against the LGBQT community
iii. SSM plebiscite was purely about whether we afford human rights to the LGBQT community and 40% of our community said no they don't deserve human rights
iv. The fact that some label the LGBQT community as groomers and paedophiles and absolutely no objection or disgust from others is shown at this blatant mischaracterisation (LIES)

4. The fact that the religious people in the community (not the 7 Manly players) dare to actually fucking say that LGBQT stuff is "rammed down our throats" without having a shred of awareness of how much their religion is rammed down everyone elses throats is just mind numbingly astounding. Seriously WTF, how much can you guys play the victim, WHEN YOU ARE THE MAJORITY AND YOU'RE THE OPRRESSORS FFS!

It's this simple, IMHO, you could go to that game or wear those colours in a show of support that you say to the LGBQT community "You are loved, supported and accepted as humans, as our equals" and then very easily, could teach your kids, that in your religion it is a sin but you must always treat every human with respect and compassion. There's no hypocrisy there.

That's it, that's how simple it is. You get to keep your religious belief and you get to treat those people as equal humans. Your churches preach that their doors are open to everyone, that was not proven by these actions/comments.
I now know why you are so intoxitated with hatred for the Catholic Church as well other Churches.
I would have accepted players choosing to wear some insignia promoting the gay push or this LGBQT stuff wearing it.
Forcing players to wear something promoting stuff they don't agree with is blatently wrong.
How would YOU like to be forced to wear something promoting The Catholic Church or Christian values.
Come on Mate please answer me.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I now know why you are so intoxitated with hatred for the Catholic Church as well other Churches.
I would have accepted players choosing to wear some insignia promoting the gay push or this LGBQT stuff wearing it.
Forcing players to wear something promoting stuff they don't agree with is blatently wrong.
How would YOU like to be forced to wear something promoting The Catholic Church or Christian values.
He Lives!

Good to see you're kicking on Kelpie

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Their hypocrisy had been exposed by them showing signs of support for Fainu. Or are you suggesting to me that their religion is fine with stabbing someone?

Again that's the excuse and reasoning they used

I simply said that pride jersey was about showing support to vulnerable people, who are more prone to self harm and suicide, and saying to those vulnerable people we accept you as humans regardless

In regards to your question, I've been invited to christenings, weddings, funerals etc IN CHURCHES and I have followed their ceremonies out of respect to my friends.

This does not mean I believe in Christianity or agree with it, I have done this as a show of support amd respect for my friends, for a fellow human.

Don't go down this path because quite simply what they did, I'm not going to beat around the bush anymore, it was homophobia.

Again this jersey was to show support to people who are more vulnerable to self harm, it was a simple matter of saying to those people, "we love you regardless"

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tbh, I've read of these stories before of such young children killing themselves so I'm not surprised by what he said.

Working a lot with children and teens especially, I'm shocked by how young kids are having sex. It scares the crap out of me. 10. 11. 12. Madness.

I never had such thoughts at that age, but does that mean it can't be happening now?

Times have changed, and as scary as it is as a parent to admit it, we need to change with the times.

As for it being propoganda ... I don't have the research in front of me but it's something like:

- LGBTQ+ community much much more likely to be assaulted during school

- direct result is that they're then 5 times more likely to kill themselves than the norm

I'm not asking people to adopt a pro LGBTQ+ stance but to, at the very least, respect it and let people lead their own lives without judgement.

Doing that will save lives and for me there isn't anything more important
Assaulting and even murdering gays used to be be common years ago, which is what IMO has resulted in the current situation.
However I don't believe that this is the case today, if it is then our governments and those in authority have a lot to answer for.
Recently I heard that at Riverview one boy anounced to the class that he was gay and all his class mates cheered.
As much as I detest the practice of Sodomy and forcing Hetros to promote it, I dont see a problem with Gays playing their own tune, and doing whatever they want behind closed doors

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is Christianity against a man loving a man? Or just a man fucking a man?
Its a man Fucking a man, Love does not always imply sex. Christians are expected to love all other humans.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No, because...

"you could go to that game or wear those colours in a show of support that you say to the LGBQT community"

...is against what we practice as Christians. Homosexuality strikes at the very core of what we deem immoral.

Regarding your other comment...

"4. The fact that the religious people in the community (not the 7 Manly players) dare to actually fucking say that LGBQT stuff is "rammed down our throats" without having a shred of awareness of how much their religion is rammed down everyone elses throats is just mind numbingly astounding. Seriously WTF, how much can you guys play the victim, WHEN YOU ARE THE MAJORITY AND YOU'RE THE OPRRESSORS FFS!"

Preaching is not a problem - but the problem I particularly have is that the LGBQT stuff is constantly flaunted around us shoved in our faces, and if we disagree, we get attacked for it.

At least Christians don't attack others who don't share the same beliefs as us. It's ashame the LGBQT brigade attack others who do not support their cause.
They wouldn’t dare attack Islam

that’s a fact.
cowards

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Assaulting and even murdering gays used to be be common years ago, which is what IMO has resulted in the current situation.
However I don't believe that this is the case today, if it is then our governments and those in authority have a lot to answer for.
Recently I heard that at Riverview one boy anounced to the class that he was gay and all his class mates cheered.
As much as I detest the practice of Sodomy and forcing Hetros to promote it, I dont see a problem with Gays playing their own tune, and doing whatever they want behind closed doors
Why should it be behind closed doors? That's what I don't get.

People should be free in their lives to be themselves.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Their hypocrisy had been exposed by them showing signs of support for Fainu. Or are you suggesting to me that their religion is fine with stabbing someone?

Again that's the excuse and reasoning they used

I simply said that pride jersey was about showing support to vulnerable people, who are more prone to self harm and suicide, and saying to those vulnerable people we accept you as humans regardless

In regards to your question, I've been invited to christenings, weddings, funerals etc IN CHURCHES and I have followed their ceremonies out of respect to my friends.

This does not mean I believe in Christianity or agree with it, I have done this as a show of support amd respect for my friends, for a fellow human.

Don't go down this path because quite simply what they did, I'm not going to beat around the bush anymore, it was homophobia.

Again this jersey was to show support to people who are more vulnerable to self harm, it was a simple matter of saying to those people, "we love you regardless"
Yes their are both Christian and athiest hypocrits,
As for gays been more vulnerable and in more danger of self harm. Some time ago you posted in another thread RDT that Catholic School kids were killing themselves in droves, You can't have it both ways my friend.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yes their are both Christian and athiest hypocrits,
As for gays been more vulnerable and in more danger of self harm. Some time ago you posted in another thread RDT that Catholic School kids were killing themselves in droves, You can't have it both ways my friend.
Are you seriously trying to suggest one group can not be vulnerable because another group is vulnerable? That’s honestly one of the dumbest things I’ve heard or read in a long time…. Especially when the source of those vulnerabilities is probably often closely related (ie Catholic school kids having serious mental health issues because they are constantly being told by their teachers that they are immoral).

Last edited:

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m just so happy for Manly who got their wish.

They’re now playing for “Pride”.

As I said at the time, this will kill their season and so it has. They won’t win another game this season.

Sport and politics should never ever mix.

Unfortunately in these social media, virtual signalling days, it’s open slather.