Pride Jersey Pt.2

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
PS always wanted to know do gay guys get upset when the get called straight just like straight guys do when called gay?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Like i mentioned before, the worst insult a forward could be called by my coach was a "backward" lol

I nearly killed myself every game so the old hard arse couldn't call me a backward lol
Lol..I’d be known as Reverse!!

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A historical snippet for anybody who is interested.

In 1956, the Daily Mirror columnist. Bill Connor (Cassandra), penned a piece in which he strongly hinted that the American pianist and entertainer, Liberace, was a homosexual. Liberace sued for defamation and the case was heard in 1959. Apparently in those days it was a hanging offence to accuse a straight man of being a homosexual, and Liberace claimed under oath that he was as straight as a gun barrel. The jury found in his favour and ordered the Daily Mirror to pay damages and costs. It was years later that information eventually came to light that Liberace was actually as queer as a nine bob note, as they say in the classics.

Google Liberace & Cassandra if you want to know more.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There was a time when "gay" meant " obviously and uninhibitedly happy". My understanding is that Homosexuals began using the term as an acronym "good as you" in an effort to shore up the self esteem of those of their kin who believed themselves to be inferior.

The golden gaytime is an obvious use of "gay" in its old, original meaning. Words come into the language through custom and usage, and the newer meaning of "gay" has now been around long enough for it to be considered a legitimate word. But the old meaning still has legitimacy, and it cannot simply be cancelled because a vocal subgroup with delusions of grandeur (so much for "good as you") doesn't like it.
This was old news and apparently a beat up,I mentioned on some thread a while back I was talking to some lesbians that night. And they couldn't stop laughing saying it was a load of shit. Sure you may actually have someone who's complaining about it but that petition had ( correct me if I'm wrong) fuck all signatures.
Majority of the rainbow people could not and did not try to get it banned.
Yep. From what I've heard, the majority of the gay community actually like the fact that it's called "gaytime". It's just your usual thing where you have one activist who wants to make a name for themselves so they try to fight for an apparent injustice that doesn't actually exist.

Also, the whole "good as you" thing is a myth. The history of it is a lot more complex but basically it was an evolution. People think that "gay" was always used to mean "happy". It wasn't though. It meant "carefree" which is often interchanged with "happy", but it evolved.

Over 600 years ago they started using it to mean anyone who was promiscuous. It represented people who didn't follow the normal ideals of a relationship. People who would have sex before marriage. People who would get divorced. Prostitutes. Eventually it evolved so male prostitutes were called "gay boys" because they were men who would sleep with many other men. Eventually homosexuals adopted it because other terms for homosexuality were tainted. For example, "homosexual" had legal ramifications. If you admitted to being homosexual you were breaking the law. Queer was often used as a slur. So "gay" was the obvious choice while also rebelling against society that was trying to stop them.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
In and around my footy life, poof or poofter was for a soft player, especially if they were a big boy but played like a bitch.

PS faggots are a British food (type of meatball/rissole). Till this day I can't understand how a bundle of sticks or meatballs became a slur against gay men...
The term "poofter" was quickly adopted as a derogatory term for homosexuals. Using it to call people "soft" was originally used to say, "you're weak, you must be gay" which changed to "you're soft, you must be a poof"

It was basically always a way to say that gay people are weak and if you are weak then you must be gay. Time slowly morphed it into people thinking that it just means "weak" but it always meant "gay" as a slur

The word "faggot" is much simpler. Historians generally believe that Americans just decided to start using it to insult gay people and it just spread.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
PS always wanted to know do gay guys get upset when the get called straight just like straight guys do when called gay?
Not sure, but I have many gay friends and I call them "bloody heterosexuals" as a joke. They seem to find it funny and haven't told me that it's offensive.

Malla

Reaction score
Genuine question for 3 of the 7 that did not want to wear pride jerseys last week but happy to wear pink boots this week
Ok

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Genuine question for 3 of the 7 that did not want to wear pride jerseys last week but happy to wear pink boots this week
Ok
Pink for the women in league round they missed?

Unless they were just pink and didn't stand for anything in particular.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That CAN'T be real, CAN it? :o
Kind of, but also, no.

It's misleading. It includes any time someone on Facebook said, "we should create a day for this" and many agreed with them. It's not official.

But Brick doesn't care about that. He just likes to make up bullshit. Brick is the guy that thinks that Bill Gates is a lizard person who created Covid so he could control the minds of people to force them to bring their children to Jewish sex dungeons.

We should have an international day of rememberence for Brick's sense of logic, as it was lost long ago.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Over 600 years ago they started using it to mean anyone who was promiscuous. It represented people who didn't follow the normal ideals of a relationship. People who would have sex before marriage. People who would get divorced. Prostitutes. Eventually it evolved so male prostitutes were called "gay boys" because they were men who would sleep with many other men. Eventually homosexuals adopted it because other terms for homosexuality were tainted. For example, "homosexual" had legal ramifications. If you admitted to being homosexual you were breaking the law. Queer was often used as a slur. So "gay" was the obvious choice while also rebelling against society that was trying to stop them.
“Over 600 years ago”, that explains the Flintstones’ line “and have a gay old time”.

Always a Bulldog

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Ok
Pink is a colour. Men wear pink all the time. It's got nothing to do with sexuality. Sure it's a feminine colour, but that's all it is. A colour.

I wouldn't have a problem wearing pink - especially if it was for a good cause.

Last edited:

Wahesh

Reaction score
You know what the biggest b/s is about all this, is that companies are using “pride” (and I use that term very loosely) to cash in. All they need to do is put a rainbow flag on whatever merchandise they sell and they reckon it’ll automatically mean more business.

Last edited:

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
You know what the biggest b/a is about all this, is that companies are using “pride” (and I use that term very loosely) to cash in. All they need to do is put a rainbow flag on whatever merchandise they sell and they reckon it’ll automatically mean more business.
or maybe because they support the cause. guess u got the inside goss???

Seriously bro - if you've eaten cornflakes for 20 years and suddenly it has 'pride' written on the side, would u stop? If you would, thats sad, its not like cornflakes are gay or anything. If you wouldn't, then stop whinging about it. Its not that big of a deal.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You know what the biggest b/a is about all this, is that companies are using “pride” (and I use that term very loosely) to cash in. All they need to do is put a rainbow flag on whatever merchandise they sell and they reckon it’ll automatically mean more business.
So what you're saying is that we should put rainbow flags all over the Kennel?

Ok... if that's what you want.

Wahesh

Reaction score
or maybe because they support the cause. guess u got the inside goss???

Seriously bro - if you've eaten cornflakes for 20 years and suddenly it has 'pride' written on the side, would u stop? If you would, thats sad, its not like cornflakes are gay or anything. If you wouldn't, then stop whinging about it. Its not that big of a deal.
No, what I’m saying is they’re cashing in (or believe they are) on business of gay people because those gay people think that business supports their cause. Businesses don’t give a toss about their customers… all they care about is taking their money!

Last edited:

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
No, what I’m saying is they’re cashing in (or believe they are) on business if gay people because those gay people think that business supports their cause. Businesses don’t give a toss about their customers… all they care about is taking their money!
Isn't that what all businesses do? Even a fair chunk of charities only care about taking your money.

If I owned a business and I thought a whirly bird of penis hanging off the front awning got me extra business (and I wouldn't get arrested for it), up goes the penises.

Thats business. Still not sure whats the issue with this.