Pride Jersey Pt.2

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I just quit debating because it's a case of agree to disagree.

The problem is everytime LGBTQ is brought up, us practicing Catholics will stand up and say why we believe it's wrong.

Let's look at it this way - we also know that it's wrong to kill - and it's also one of the 10 Commandments. If someone went on a killing spree, everyone would say why it's an outrage - including Catholics because it goes against a Commandment. We also express outrage because the LGBTQ thing goes against what we believe in.

That's the simplest way I can put it.

EVERYONE has the right to be accepted as who they are as a human - yes - even gays - however, accepting someone for who they are and promoting something that you are against are 2 different things.
Get it. But I'll question why the lack of consistency on this as there seems to be a lot of huff and puff about a rainbow, and a lot less about players who don't abide by the Commandments.

You say that Catholics will stand up and say why you think it's wrong, and fair enough.

But, at the same time it's important for Catholics to accept Atheists for standing up and saying why it's right. Which I don't see happening?

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You say that Catholics will stand up and say why you think it's wrong, and fair enough.

But, at the same time it's important for Catholics to accept Atheists for standing up and saying why it's right. Which I don't see happening?
Because some Catholics are hypocrites. If it was Catholics round & players boycotted it, would be a different matter. I want a Golden Gaytime Round & see what happens. :tonguewink:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Because some Catholics are hypocrites. If it was Catholics round & players boycotted it, would be a different matter. I want a Golden Gaytime Round & see what happens. :tonguewink:
Love Golden Gaytimes. One of the first things I buy when back in Aus

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I guarantee there would be Christians that would boycott Catholic round.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
One of the stupidest comments I've seen on here and hardly giving religion a good name from taking this viewpoint ... Imo
One of the stupidest comments I've seen on here.....

He who is without sin, let him cast the first stone
(one of the few religious quotes I remember).

Your comment suggests to me that you don't like religious fanatics and somehow you have decided that I am one. I'm not the slightest bit religious and my only passing mention of religion was to say that every religious group is represented in Super League- which it is!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Speaking of Gaytimes.

Just adding to this conversation, he mentions "gay" is an outdated word.

"As a part of the LGBTQIA+ community I believe my sexual identity is owned by me, not a brand and that the outdated meaning no longer applies"
Some can argue that "poof" doesn't mean homosexual anymore and means a feminine man and in Murika the "f word" means an annoying **** instead of a homosexual. Works both ways.

I'm not going to pretend I've never used those words previously but I can honestly say I've never directed them at homosexuals or even strangers. I used to call my team mates "poofs" when they talked tough but didn't put effort in. It was based on their performance and not on their preferences. IE when Ennis would start shit then run behind our forwards or Coward taking a dive to cost us the MP, they are poofs doing poof things.

PS Gaytimes and Monarco Bars are my equal favourite ice creams. I'd still buy gaytimes whatever you call them lol

PPS us Bulldog fans used to call the roosters "Sunsilk poofs" back in the day lol

Last edited:

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There was a time when "gay" meant " obviously and uninhibitedly happy". My understanding is that Homosexuals began using the term as an acronym "good as you" in an effort to shore up the self esteem of those of their kin who believed themselves to be inferior.

The golden gaytime is an obvious use of "gay" in its old, original meaning. Words come into the language through custom and usage, and the newer meaning of "gay" has now been around long enough for it to be considered a legitimate word. But the old meaning still has legitimacy, and it cannot simply be cancelled because a vocal subgroup with delusions of grandeur (so much for "good as you") doesn't like it.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There was a time when "gay" meant " obviously and uninhibitedly happy". My understanding is that Homosexuals began using the term as an acronym "good as you" in an effort to shore up the self esteem of those of their kin who believed themselves to be inferior.

The golden gaytime is an obvious use of "gay" in its old, original meaning. Words come into the language through custom and usage, and the newer meaning of "gay" has now been around long enough for it to be considered a legitimate word. But the old meaning still has legitimacy, and it cannot simply be cancelled because a vocal subgroup with delusions of grandeur (so much for "good as you") doesn't like it.
This was old news and apparently a beat up,I mentioned on some thread a while back I was talking to some lesbians that night. And they couldn't stop laughing saying it was a load of shit. Sure you may actually have someone who's complaining about it but that petition had ( correct me if I'm wrong) fuck all signatures.
Majority of the rainbow people could not and did not try to get it banned.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This was old news and apparently a beat up,I mentioned on some thread a while back I was talking to some lesbians that night. And they couldn't stop laughing saying it was a load of shit. Sure you may actually have someone who's complaining about it but that petition had ( correct me if I'm wrong) fuck all signatures.
Majority of the rainbow people could not and did not try to get it banned.
Everyone should suck a Gaytime every now and then..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Some can argue that "poof" doesn't mean homosexual anymore and means a feminine man and in Murika the "f word" means an annoying **** instead of a homosexual. Works both ways.

I'm not going to pretend I've never used those words previously but I can honestly say I've never directed them at homosexuals or even strangers. I used to call my team mates "poofs" when they talked tough but didn't put effort in. It was based on their performance and not on their preferences. IE when Ennis would start shit then run behind our forwards or Coward taking a dive to cost us the MP, they are poofs doing poof things.

PS Gaytimes and Monarco Bars are my equal favourite ice creams. I'd still buy gaytimes whatever you call them lol

PPS us Bulldog fans used to call the roosters "Sunsilk poofs" back in the day lol
Actually, I might beg to differ my man, I think using ‘poof’ as a feminine man might actually be insulting..because it’s short for poofter..which was, and as far as I know, still is a very derogatory Aussie description of a gay man.. However, it is also a description of something that disappears quickly.

As for the “f word” do you mean faggot? I reckon a real nasty nasty word..However, a faggot is actually a bundle of sticks that are used to kindle a fire.. If you read Lord of the Rings, they are always throwing em on the fire! :fearscream:

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Actually, I might beg to differ my man, I think using ‘poof’ as a feminine man might actually be insulting..because it’s short for poofter..which was, and as far as I know, still is a very derogatory Aussie description of a gay man.. However, it is also a description of something that disappears quickly.

As for the “f word” do you mean faggot? I reckon a real nasty nasty word..However, a faggot is actually a bundle of sticks that are used to kindle a fire.. If you read Lord of the Rings, they are always throwing em on the fire! :fearscream:
In and around my footy life, poof or poofter was for a soft player, especially if they were a big boy but played like a bitch.

PS faggots are a British food (type of meatball/rissole). Till this day I can't understand how a bundle of sticks or meatballs became a slur against gay men...

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
In and around my footy life, poof or poofter was for a soft player, especially if they were a big boy buy played like a bitch.

PS faggots are a British food. Till this day I can't understand how a bundle of sticks or meatballs became a slur...
We just called players like that..Dogs or Cats.. I was known as Pussy Galore.. :grimacing:

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We just called players like that..Dogs or Cats.. I was known as Pussy Galore.. :grimacing:
Like i mentioned before, the worst insult a forward could be called by my coach was a "backward" lol

I nearly killed myself every game so the old hard arse couldn't call me a backward lol