Preseason watch: pictures, videos, info for the 2022 preseason

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't speak for this season, as I have not been to a training session yet, but previously who wears what would often change daily.

Always a Bulldog

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone was saying yellow bibs first squad. Red bibs reserves? Cook in yellow, JMK red. Cook training the house down? Could be a bolter starting hooker?
I always thought the Red Bibs were to highlight players coming back from Injury and are not to be involved in contact.
ie: It highlights to the meatheads "Do Not Make Contact On Anyone In Red".

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Definitely. Who'd we have in recent seasons that brought that infectious enthusiasm? I can't think of anyone. All the young guys seem like shrinking violets. JJ is stoic, but doesn't seem jovial. I guess Elliott might have been the closest we had, but he was more the unprofessional dickhead type.

Foxx has several seasons under his belt now too, so he's got the youthful enthusiasm AND knows what it takes to be the best. Him and Gus are going to be very influential on the vibe around the joint I reckon. Gus is also very laid back. He's been there and done it, and seen everything in footy. That experience and knowledge allows him to make the right decisions most of the time and be a calming influence. Foxx is the hype man, and Gus is the mellow guru.
Judging by the pics, comraderie and joshin' around, Paul Vaughan looks a popular team player and good senior influence also for the younger guys.

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
I can't speak for this season, as I have not been to a training session yet, but previously who wears what would often change daily.

Always a Bulldog
Yes and even some are changed during sessions. Shouldn’t be too much read into them

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We got him cheap because nobody else wanted him in the NRL. And yes a fullbacks shit defene can absolutely cost teams games and I've seen it numerous times with Dufty over the years. There's more to defence at fullback than just tackling.
He'll never put his body in the line, ever.

Teams target him on the line and get easy barge over tries like under 6s because they know.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Loving the content fam! Props to the Bulldogs content creators. I'm liking their vids. I'm not into electronic music often, but they were some sweet beats. Love seeing Mase right into it too. All the boys probably look up to him. He's a good addition to the coaching team. Really pumps them up.