Preseason watch: pictures, videos, info for the 2022 preseason

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I am smh at the comments on twitsville. Sure he may have been in a good paddock since the grand final, but he looks much the same to me. Also, you've got to remember black is slimming lol.
No knock I love him too but I don't think he is abbed up like JAC Or a gym junkie like Jacko.Fit but maybe not sculpted.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nads of caurse it seems freaky....you have just experienced the best supportor base in the NRL :grinning: All eyes and commentary will be upon you now.
I was just going to say that.
A lot of outsiders just don’t understand how special this club is until they arrive. I’m really not being bias here but it’s the best Rugby League club in the world! If you’re a loyal player to the club and kill it on the field you become Royalty! You’d be looked after by the club for the rest of your life. Just ask Baa Lamb.
I shake my head when I think of players like Ben Barba. If he had his head screwed on properly and concentrated on his career and remained loyal to the blue and white, he had the potential to reach the heights of Lamb and Mortimer. They don’t make them like they used to.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No knock I love him too but I don't think he is abbed up like JAC Or a gym junkie like Jacko.Fit but maybe not sculpted.
100% but JAC is a specimen (been around many years too) and Jacko is a veteran. I couldn't care less what he looks like actually, even when he's got a few seasons under his belt. As long as he improves our team and set up some attractive plays, I'll be happy.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Love that. Remember the old rattlers on game day.
It wasn't a true Belmore game without a train or two involved. Coming home from school in the arvos, it was common for the train to stop there for a while, giving an extra chance to spot players, or see what was going on at training. Prior to a 24 hour news cycle, or endless social media, this was more of a thrill than it might be these days. Fond memories.

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
I went down there this morning and here are some of my observations that i thought some may be interested in

- Isaac Lumelume was there, first training session. Got straight into the drills and seemed to fit in pretty well. Plenty of talk during drills etc. Burton also getting into things
- No sign of Cotric, I didn't notice Dufty or a couple of others, so could have been elsewhere
- Zap is helping the coaching staff with drills etc. now, and says he is enjoying the change (you can all stop complaining about his interview skills now i guess?:grinning: )
- Tui Katoa also there helping out the coaching team which was good to see
- Big Willie also there bouncing around on the field bringing his usual energy
- Thommo and Vaughan were into each other a bit, revving each other up a bit in the opposed sessions on opposite "teams". Looks like they will work well together
- Two different opposed sessions running at the same time, basically 4 teams, the top guys mixed between 2 sides and opposing each other, though there were positional changes throughout. BBO, Wakeham & Flanno all looked to have turns at right side on their teams at different times. Any thoughts that they know who they will go with will be hard to see from these sessions though
- Naden mainly lined up at left centre from what i noticed
- Schoupp outside him at left wing for the opposed session
- Gus was there and did occasionally get out on the field and have a chat with Baz, but also just hung back and watched from the stands for the majority
- Baz did rip into them a bit at times when passes were getting a bit loose etc. was good to see it being quickly addressed and level would go up
- Some good talk coming from the guys during huddles / drinks etc. a couple coming from unlikely suspects too. eg. Stimson, who does look in pretty good shape
- Rehab crew came over towards the end - Doorey, Averillo, Ava, RFM etc
- Jacko, Jackson Topine, Thommo & Vaughan all stood out for their training efforts from what i saw, leading the way but not really a surprise

Enjoy

Last edited:

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
- Burton also getting into things
- No sign of Cotric, I didn't notice Dufty or a couple of others, so could have been elsewhere
Any more info on how Matty went? Hopefully he's fitting in and hitting the ground running. The other boys have been into it for a few weeks and will be fitter than him seeing as he's coming off a 3 week bender

Cotric was probably at Concord getting a tour of the 'elite training demountable'

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
Any more info on how Matty went? Hopefully he's fitting in and hitting the ground running. The other boys have been into it for a few weeks and will be fitter than him seeing as he's coming off a 3 week bender

Cotric was probably at Concord getting a tour of the 'elite training demountable'
Sure. Nothing sensational to note on his first shift of course, but in a couple of the early drills he was loud and good talk between him and Jacko to push each other.

Otherwise like Lumelume he got a short rest towards the end as they didn’t want to overdo it for them on their first run. Heard they will build up over the next week.